Protest The Hero

Recenzija Fortress-a

Protest The Hero dropped our jaws with their debut LP, Kezia, and they are back again to boggle our brains and make us shake our heads in disbelief with their sophomore effort, Fortress. This album is just about everything you’d expect it to be. It simply sounds like Protest The Hero, though there is nothing simple about them. The band hasn’t progressed too much other than the fact that there are some noticeable keyboard parts that actually give the band a prog rock sound, so to speak. Fortress is basically a more mature, and tighter sounding Kezia. The musicianship is crazier, and the vocals are even better than before, but a few times on this album you will most likely get lost in all the ridiculous sweeping and soloing, especially when the band has such random transitions.

Obviously the more you listen to an album, the more funky transitions are going to seem like nothing to you, but on the first few listens to Fortress, you really can get lost in the music, especially towards the last few songs. It seems with this album that every song is your basic, yet astonishingly crazy Protest The Hero song, with fast parts and soloing guitars, but each song has one distinctively unique part that until you get to that point, the rest of the album all sort of sounds alike. Individually though, every song on this album is indeed fantastic, especially when you grow to learn these songs more. The first 5 tracks on this CD are stellar, with the opener, “Bloodmeat”, and “Bone Marrow” being the two songs that stick out the most on this record.

For fans of the extremely catchy sing-along in “Turn Soonest To The Sea” off of Kezia, “Bloodmeat” will be an instant classic for you. This song basically combines the best things about Protest The Hero and throws them into one extremely righteous track. “Bone Marrow” has my favorite “distinctively unique” part on this album. The song is moving along just like any other song by this band would, and suddenly you’re saying “Whoa.” Right when it kicks into one of the grooviest beats, accompanied by a funky bass line. This honestly reminds me of something off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus. Every time I get to this part of the song, it makes me smile, and it’s almost impossible not to move your body to the music in some sort of way. The outro to this song is also quite impressive with a piano that almost sounds as if it’s shredding, and then there's the beautiful acoustic guitars to top it off.

One disappointing factor about this record, or this band, is the fact that they still haven’t figured out how to write a proper CD ender. The final track “Goddess Gagged” is just a quick 3 minute song that could fit anywhere in the CD. Once it’s over you are kind of unsatisfied being that the whole CD was a complete face-melter and it’s suddenly over so quick.

With these “distinct” parts in each song, I could really go on and on about Fortress. There are a lot of really fascinating things the band pulls off throughout this record, but as stated before, you definitely can get lost in all the shredding and technicality. With all the really neat and different things they can do on this CD, there are also a ton of things they do in every single song that can indeed get old. Other than that, Protest The Hero have again impressed me, and are still one of the most talented musicians I’ve ever heard. Everyone in the band really shines on this record, and the production quality over Kezia is fantastic. Be sure to pick up Fortress.

--Chris Pandolfo

Me wants it bad :(

Protest_The_Hero-Sequoia_Throne_EP-2008-ITUNES

Track Listing:

01 Sequoia Throne

02 Sequoia Throne (Instrumental)

03 Bloodmeat (Instrumental)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cry2yjemtnn

Disc: Protest the Hero - Fortress

Year:2008

Style: Melodic Progressive Metalcore

Format: MP3 VBR~183 Kbits,Joint-Stereo 44100 Hz

Size: 17.7 MB

1. Sequoia throne

2. Sequoia throne (instrumental)

3. Bloodmeat (instrumental)

4. Bloodmeat

http://ipload.org/en/file/1089/PHFortress-...a-ru---rar.html

Disc: Protest the Hero - Fortress

Year:2008

Style: Melodic Progressive Metalcore

Format: MP3 VBR~183 Kbits,Joint-Stereo 44100 Hz

Size: 17.7 MB

1. Sequoia throne

2. Sequoia throne (instrumental)

3. Bloodmeat (instrumental)

4. Bloodmeat

http://ipload.org/en/file/1089/PHFortress-...a-ru---rar.html

ok, nisam skinuo ..pa ne znam jel istina ovo za cetvrtu pesmu, al probaj ......

hehe, cega sam se setio ........kadar (scena(citat)) iz filma Resident Evil Extinction - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - YOU TRY.

:mrgreen:

hahaha ... :muzicar: :muzicar: :muzicar:

haha, koje paljenje, ladno su ovo nazvali kao da je ceo album :) :)

ne verujem!

Hmm pa ja imam tu cetvrtu pesmu.

Tako sam i skinula onomad :)

Sad cu da potrazim odakle sam to skinula, pa cu vam dati link ;)

Evo odavde

http://alt-metall.nnm.ru/protest_the_hero_fortress_2008ep

samo sto sad ne mogu da otvorim tu stranu iz meni nepoznatih razloga :)

Valjda nije riknuo link, ali nije mi problem da vam uploadujem samo tu pesmu ako je stvarno nemate...

Hmm pa ja imam tu cetvrtu pesmu.

Tako sam i skinula onomad :)

Sad cu da potrazim odakle sam to skinula, pa cu vam dati link ;)

Evo odavde

http://alt-metall.nnm.ru/protest_the_hero_fortress_2008ep

samo sto sad ne mogu da otvorim tu stranu iz meni nepoznatih razloga :)

Valjda nije riknuo link, ali nije mi problem da vam uploadujem samo tu pesmu ako je stvarno nemate...

Данный док закрыт. Вы не можете видеть его новости

+ Google Translate

= This dock is closed. You do not get to see the news

WTF ?