Dream Theater

bu

Picture the scene. It’s around 7.30pm on Saturday. The front door bursts open and in trudge Dave Ling and eldest son, Eddie. The former is somewhat the worse for a long, steady day’s drinking, and both are furious at having seen Cardiff – a team of dirty, diving, injury-feigning thugs with a set of fans that define the term ‘inbred cretin’ – overcome Crystal Palace, largely due to the gross incompetence of an inept dickhead of a referee that declined two penalty appeals (one of which was absolutely clear-cut; both for the home side, naturally). So the soothing effect was palpable as, after Mrs L had nodded to the corner of the room and announced: “Your post is over there”, I opened a mailer that contained… ulp… a watermarked promo of Dream Theater’s newie, ‘Black Clouds And Silver Linings’. Drummer and mouthpiece Mike Portnoy had already whetted the appetite of the band’s fans with his quote of: “Imagine if ‘A Change Of Seasons’, ‘Octavarium’, ‘Learning To Live’, ‘Pull Me Under’ and ‘The Glass Prison’ were all [contained] on one Dream Theater album”, but a simple glance at the song timings – 16 mins and 10 seconds, 8.35, 5.25, 12.49, 13.07 and 19.16 – almost had me drooling. 75 minutes later and the oafish ineptitude of R Booth (Nottinghamshire) is a long-distant irrelevance. ‘A Rite Of Passage’ and the soaring ‘Wither’ are destined to thrill those that prefer DT in more succinct form, but… the rest of the album… Christ! Apart from pointing out that the band has cut back on the growled vocals of the last album and **really** played to its long-established strengths, it’s hard to know where to begin. So instead I’ll leave it till the official unveiling date of June 22 for you to add your own personal choice of superlative.

http://www.daveling.co.uk/diary.htm

Meni je ova Rudessova izjava o zvuku i produkciji albuma:

"The sound of the instruments - all the instruments sound even better than they ever have, like the drums sound really really good, and the guitars are really dialed in, as well as it could be, the keyboards sound great, and the bass sounds better than, i think, it ever has on a dream theater album and the vocals sound awesome

[...]

even down to the mastering of the album, the mastering was much more effective, and the dynamics are still left in the music in a big way, more so than a lot of albums these days - that whole loudness war that i'm sure you've heard about

[...]

where people are trying to make it so their music is louder than other music [...] this time around we said we're not going to play this game, that's ridiculous - we left the dynamics really in the music. I think it makes a big difference to the listening experience..."

Dakle, ignorisu besmisao loudness war-a i zbog cega ce album imati vise dinamike. To je falilo SC-u zbog cega je delom i bio tako los album.

EDIT: I, kad sam vec u copy-paste mode-u, evo par reci o albumu od strane Rich Wilsona za koga pretpostavljam da je muzicki novinar jerbo poprilicno uvazavaju njegovo mnenije.

I guess it all depends on the content. If the music's decent then 80 minutes is great, if it's 40 minutes of filler then you ain't going to be impresseed. That said, this album is 80 minutes of awesomeness.

I really don't want to ruin anything and start chuck spoilers in there. But for me, it is a far better album than Systematic Chaos. The last two tracks in particular are incredible. And no frigging Dark Master lyrics either which always helps.

Edited by Et in Arcadia Ego

a, pa evo ti to:

Roswell Six - Terra Incognita: Beyond The Horizon (2009)

l_0d1d555473fb499fbd9b40048d0fe0a7.jpg

Tracklist

01. Ishalem

02. The Call of The Sea

03. I Am The Point

04. Letters In A Bottle

05. Halfway

06. Anchored

07. Here Be Monsters

08. The Sinking of The Luminara

09. The Winds of War

10. Swept Away

11. Beyond The Horizon

12. Merciful Tides

13. The Edge of The World

Line-up/Musicians:

Kevin J. Anderson (Bestselling Author)

Erik Norlander (ROCKET SCIENTISTS) - keyboards

James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER) - vocals

Michael Sadler (ex-SAGA) - vocals

John Payne (ASIA featuring John Payne) - vocals

Lana Lane - vocals

Kurt Barabas (UNDER THE SUN, AMARAN’S PLIGHT) - bass

David Ragsdale (KANSAS)

Gary Wehrkamp (SHADOW GALLERY, AMARAN’S PLIGHT)

Chris Brown (GHOST CIRCUS)

Chris Quirarte (PRYMARY)

Mike Alvarez

Shawn Gordon (ProgRock Records)

Rebecca Moesta (Bestselling Author)

320 kbps / 175 Mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/219980183/RSPT1.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/219980008/RSPT2.rar.html