Evergrey

Oct 19

Studio Report # 4

Today went fuckin great , 2 tracks with Drums AND Guitars completed. So in total 5 songs with drums 4 with bass and 2 with guitars. Jari is coming on Sunday and we will continue with him on Monday morning . Man, I can’t wait until you here this guy playing Evergrey material. It at least blows me away : ) . I also think that Jonas has put down some REALLY amazing drum work, the new songs makes him shine as he makes everything so much more vivid and groovy . Rikard and Henrik are at home writing some more killer stuff so that we have more than enough to choose from whenever the time comes .

Also you can be sure that we put everything we have in us into this release as it feels like, not that it will be, our last album . Sort of feels like when we recorded the first album and we never really knew if we would be able to ever make one again. That kind of innocence, lust and urge to create something fantastic is somewhat overwhelming, something that I’d never thought we’d feel again.

Some song titles :

Nothing is erased, When kingdom’s fall, These scars, Soaked…

Well that’s it for this week

Read me on Monday…..

‘ t

Oct 22

Studio Report # 5

Hi all!

It’s monday and we’re back in business again after the weekend. Jari arrived last night, ready to continue his work with the bass. Today he nailed one of the songs me and Tom put down drums and guitars last week, called ‘You made us fall’. It turned out great! He’s a real monster. It’s unbelievable how awesome he his! (You’ll know when you hear the album.) Tomorrow we’re going to do more bass and drum recording, that I’m looking forward to!

Talk to you soon

Right on, fuck yeah!

/Jonas

Pošto nema Filipa :) Novi studio report:

Hey friends . Another week that has been REALLY busy thats why we have no been updating that frequently….Sorry for that.

Anyways all songs with bass and drums are pretty much done , fantastic work by Jonas and Jari !!! I have been editing consolidating some guitars and whatever, dreaming of files and extensions, … but this week was pretty much all their effort. Yesterday we took the night off and went to play some Texas Hold’em together with the boys of In Flames and some other friends , Their album will surely kick your ass as well…

Below you’ll find the latest edition of our contribution to the world of music ( or maybe movies : ) another video of a week in the studio !

Please give us some more response on the videos so that we know that people are actually watching them ; )

Take care until next week .

‘ t

Sve vreme prilikom preslusavanja albuma imao sam utisak kao da nesto nedostaje... Solitude Dominance Tragedy,In The Search of Truth i Recreation Day su doista ''masterpeice'' ... Malo me je razocarao The Inner Circle ali posle par preslusavanja zakljucio sam da je veoma solidan album,koji drzi paznju slusaoca sve vise svakim novim slusanjem... Mozda je kod mene isti slucaj i sa MMA! To je ipak samo moje misljenje...

Hvala za pohvale! Stvarno se maximalno trudi cela NW ekipa!

Pozdrav

E ljudi ajde da vas pitam i ovde, posto ovde ionako ima vishe ljudi nego tamo...

Jel neko ima ideju sta ja da radim sa onim evergrey fan sajtom, mislim ima nas kao 3tamo (Imrahil, DragonHeart i Ja) i mozda josh povremeno 2, mislim nema svrhe da sajt i forum stoje tako prazni.. Il dajte neke predloge da se to cudo ozivi, ili da ja gasim taj sajt ....

P.S. Ako neko nije skapirao pricam o www.forevergrey.net -u

E da, vidiš i ja sam skroz zaboravila za Forevergay, nisam bila sto god, mada ja zaboravljam sve poslednjih par meseci tako da nije do foruma.

Pa teško je održati forum živim ovih dana, jer ih stvarno ima previše i svuda se vrte iste teme, a meni je iskreno smor da iste stvari pišem na 5 foruma... Tako da sam prestala igde da budem nešto preterano aktivna... Verujem da je kod većine ljudi isti slučaj...

Hi Guys !

We started a new week of recording and its all shaping up nicely! REALLY great , I recorded guitars for 4 songs now and Henrik and Jonas have been tracking. Jonas have also started to rehearse a new song that we will record next week.

Jari went home to Norway and will be back a week before our next gigs in Sweden and Israel so in between those we will lay down the last of his basses on 4-5 songs… Rikard was here yesterday copying all the songs unto his harddrive so that he can sit at home rehearsing before it’s his turn.

After next wednesday we will take a break from the recording and go into writing/composing mode again for a couple of weeks and I think we will bring the camera into those situations as well. I will record some vocals in my homestudio as that’s where I feel the most comfortable and can create undisturbed.

Henrik came up with some really great ideas the other day for a new song that will be awesome, I’m sure.

I have to dig deeper into the lyrics and vocal-lines for a couple of days as well, something I do best by myself.

So there’s A LOT going on .

We will have a couple of competitions coming up in the next weeks where you will be able to win some cool merchandise and some other signed stuff… so be sure to check this space out for more specifics on that.

Lot’s of respect !

Tom

Oh … Almost forgot, here’s another video week enjoy ad be sure to keep those comments coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 08

Evergrey studio report # 8

Hey guys !

Another week of pure fuckin metal mayhem has begun ! : ))

Anyway. I finsihed all the guitar parts I had left for the first 8 songs, and it all went so much smoother than I ever could have imagined .

I have to explain this for you first, when we write songs for an album, we do just that, we do not rehearse them before we record them , so everyone is pretty much just rehearsing by themselves . We are sending files back and forth and of course there are LOTS of discussions. I don’t know why we have chosen this way of getting it done but it has it’s pros and cons.

For instance, it is hell to sit and try to pick put what the hell you’re playing but at the same time writing like that makes it all much more fresh and spontanious. The real problems come whenever we will start to rehearse the songs for tours when NOONE have played them together with anyone ….. Maybe we’re stupid …. We have been working like this since “in search of truth” Too lazy to jam it out , hehe..

Today Henrik’s doing guitars for a song called “Fear” and probably continuing with drums on a new song called “Numb”. On Monday we will start writing again for 10 -15 days, to finish the last couple of ideas for songs we have. It’s pretty cool since we haven’t listened to those ideas at all since before we started the recording. That really should bring some objectivity.

We will try to post a new video clip tomorrow or Friday.

So you know where and what to check ..

Later….

’ t