To-mera

U svakom slucaju Julia Kis iliti Jullie Kiss je mnogo bolja zenska nego Simone Simones, a zna i da peva.

Jeste ona simpaticna, i odlicno peva, ali nije bolja od Simone... jbg redhead fetish :mrgreen:

Ja se zaista nadam da cu otici na Sziget da ih pogledam ove godine... zajedno sa Within Temptation.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks. Time for an update I reckon ..

Well, we've got 8 new songs in various states of completion. Titles confirmed so far include "The Lie", "A Sorrow to Kill", "Merry-Go-Round" and "Asylum". Working titles (IE: these could change!) include "Temptation" and "A Silver Key".

We will start the recording process on the 21st August, again using Brett Caldas-Lima who produced the debut "Transcendental". Recording will take place near Oxford, England at a purpose built rehearsal studio (which is a bit better than the "back room of a pub" like last time, hehe).

The music's definitely going in a heavier direction. I know most bands say this, but since Tom is writing a majority of the stuff with his 7-string baritone tuned to F# it's definitely true. The songs are also going to be considerably more complex and roundly structured than before. All the parts that have become "typically" To-Mera are still going to be there only much more so in every possible way. There's more fluidity and emotional depth to the new songs. We're all more than happy with the way things are working out.

You may be pleased to know the average song time is still hitting the seven minute mark!

We'll be doing some kind of daily journal when the recording actually starts. I'll post a link when it's available.

Cheers!

Lee & To-Mera.

To-Mera

Jul 16, 2007 8:34 PM

Help with a couple of Euro shows needed!

Hey guys.

We're gonna be jumping in the van for a couple of shows in central Europe (Hungary and Czech Republic) in August.

We figured if we left home a day earlier we should be able to get a couple of warm up shows in on the way.

We're specifically looking for shows in Belgium, western germany (Essen area or close) or Northern France on the 6th August. For the 7th August we'll need something either in Germany fairly close to the Austrian border, or in Austria itself.

We will support your band, or consider anything that's possible for those dates! We don't need paying or anything like that, just the chance to do a couple of shows :)

let me know!

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Veni, vidi, vici.

Dakle, prvog dana Sziget festivala 2007. odgledala sam nastup ove englesko-madjarske postave. Imali su tu nesrecu da nastupaju prvi prvog dana, tj, da otvore program na Hammer Worldu. Zvuk je bio jako los, zbog tonskih proba ostalih bendova Juliji su na trenutke iskljucivali mikrofon u sred pesama. Pred kraj je zvuk biuo znatno bolji, ali to nije popravilo opsti utisak, a opsti utisak je sledeci:

Ovaj progressive bend suvise je nedorecen u tome sto radi. Zele da zvuce avangardno, a na kraju od svega dobiju previse konfuzije. Julija ima zaista prelep glas i trebalo bi da ga koristi za pesme koje imaju precizniju formu, a ne kao ove postojece.

Za one koje je interesovalo kako ova 24-orogodisnja Madjarica izgleda, evo jedne fotke:

tomera.jpg

• 1 month later...

To-Mera

Oct 7, 2007 6:43 PM

A farewell note from Hugo

I have decided that it is time for me to step down from the exalted post of To-mera keyboard player. The sole reason for this decision, which had to be weighed carefully against my love for the band, is my desire to pursue my own musical path. I owe a debt of gratitude to Tom, Julie, Lee and Paul, and I'd also like to say thankyou to those of you who have come to gigs and supported us, bought our first album, and offered kind words of encouragement. It's been a wonderful two years for me.

I am especially proud to have played a part in the creation of our second album, the mixes of which are sounding very, very good (false modesty be damned). I hope you will all be moved to the depths of your blackened souls when you hear it.

Hen, who plays guitar and keyboard with Haken, will be taking my place, and I wish him the best of luck and success in his new role. I will be playing one last gig with To-mera at the Underworld on Wednesday 21st November. Hope you can make it!

Hugo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

We decided to let you into a sneak preview of the new album "Delusions" that's coming out early next year. There's three brand new samples up on our page for you to check out. A full song will be uploaded in a couple of weeks, so hopefully this will keep you going until then :)

We've gone for a far more progressive approach musically this time around, and Julie's voice has emcompassed a jazzy style that befits the nature of a lot of the material. These samples don't even come close to portraying the overall variation of styles and moods, but will hopefully give you a rough idea.

Cheers!

Lee & To-Mera

http://www.myspace.com/tomeraband

m_dd66a8ee53895c79ec58a6826fad95c0.jpg

Izgleda da se bend dogovorio sa pevacicom:

"Idi ti sad u drugu sobu i pevaj nesto a mi cemo ovde da sviramo progresiv, ali da ne cujemo sta ti pevas niti ti nasu muziku. Pa cemo posle da nasnimimo jedno na drugo. Ima da bude ludilo!"

• 1 month later...

Candlelight Records UK will issue TO-MERA's sophomore album, Delusions, on February 18th, 2008.

The album (artwork pictured, created by Eliran Kantor) will feature the following tracklisting: 'The Lie', 'Mirage', 'The Glory Of A New Day', 'Inside The Hourglass', 'A Sorrow To Kill', 'Asylum', 'Fallen From Grace', 'Temptation'.

The band will be playing new material from the album at the Candlelight Xmas show on December 1st at the Borderline in London, England.

A song from the album, 'The Lie', has been posted on the group's MySpace page.

• 1 month later...