Brain Drill

• 1 year later...

Novi spot:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138775

Imam promo albuma, evo recenzije:

If I was well informed, Brain Drill disbanded shortly after their debut „Apocalyptic Feasting“ but they added new members in their line up soon thereafter, gathered their strenght and the result is in front of me (in my Winamp, to be more precise as this is the way the promo albums go nowadays). Although they are largely hyped as one of the sickest, most brutal and technical new players in the Death Metal field, and even by such strawaltz as Alex Webster, I never understood the appeal as their debut was to me just an „amorphous blob of random aggression“, to quote my own review and I didn’t change my mind very much after the listening of „Quantum catastrophe“. If you haven’t met Brain Drill before, it should be said that all the adjectives named above are totally correct. Sure, they are brutal as hell with tons of bludgeoning blasts and fierce riffs coming out of everywhere. Technical? No doubt. All the members are pure masters of their craft, one will easily notice millions of changes and time signatures played at inhuman speed so your jaw will instantly hit the floor as soon as you indulge yourself into this album (if you are into the instrument gymnastics, anyway). Sick thematics are also omnipresent with visions of apocalytic end of our planet and zombies taking over everything, so no worries there also. So what the Hell is wrong with this album? Let me put it this way – everyone knows the ingredients for one good DM album but not many bands actually succeed to put out actual good stuff beacuse the main ingredient is to measure all this in right way and make the actual memorable stuff one can follow and enjoy in for years to come. There is no such thing here, as in their wish to be the most extreme band out there Brain Drill forgot to write actual songs. Just blast, blast, blast... Fuck, can someone pass me my „Altars of madness“ copy before I fall into boredom induced sleep? I will and I can give them props for technical aspects of „Quantum catastrophe“ but everything else is just wrong. Maybe I'm getting too old for this, but I think that Death Metal truly needs to return to the times when bands have written the actual music and the scene was not blast fest full of „oh look, I can play better than you“ bands. Not to be harsh to the very end, I must admit that Brain Drill toned down their wankery a bit in comparing to debut and one can find some good spots but very soon everything drowns in directionless chaos, there is still more stuff needed to be improved.

U prevodu, nadam se da će ovakvi bendovi iščeznuti sa scene ali ipak sam hteo da zadržim neki fin ton. :lol:

Maybe I'm getting too old for this, but I think that Death Metal truly needs to return to the times when bands have written the actual music and the scene was not blast fest full of „oh look, I can play better than you“ bands.

Sustina. :da:

Beda... ako ikada prestanem da slusam metal ili bacim bombu na neku ambasadu/komsiju koji me mrko gleda/psa koji lici na goluba u nekom trenutku,

to ce biti zbog ovakvih bendova...

ne ovog, vec milion istih ovakvih.

Edited by Speed_Dead

sustinski problem death metal vec duze vreme, visoki bpm je vazniji od pesme.

kao i brdo ovih shatro technical metalcore/deathcore bendova koji naslazu 25 riffova nasumicno bez ikakve poente.

bedak je najveci sto se klinci prze na sve to pa izdavacke kuce forsiraju ovakve bendove.

• 2 months later...

Sad izrovih ovaj bend, prosjek uz čiju muziku mogu skakat po kući a da ne pamtim naslove pjesama :haha: Imaju istu svrhu kao Job For A Cowboy, samo deri dok ne rikneš. Sviđa mi se takav kliše u zadnje vrijeme(kao da nekoga boli kurac)