Amorphis

Cold

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jao, kakvi ste ne mogu da verujem. XD

Hahaha, sta? Pa moje misljenje je subjektivno, a ne objektivni parametar celokupnog razmisljanja foruma. Ja sam rekao da meni ne nudi, a sada sto si se ti osetio povredjeno zbog moje izjave, pa..... to vise govori o tebi. :D

ti si hipik.

brate idi jebi nesto.

+111

• Upvote 1

Moja recenzija:

Everyone out there is probably aware by now that the arrival of Tomi Joutsen on the vocals truly rejuvenated this band that seemed almost dead after "Far from the sun“ and three albums in with him returned the Amorphis’ status of Finnish metal gods they so rightfully deserve; you are probably not aware (since this is my first Amorphis review) that they are one of my absolute all time favourites , I would make love to their sweet music if it was physically possible and I know for a fact that even some people got sick of the band because of me endlessly raving about their utmost superiority so now that you got the confession that I am a fanboy you can choose if you want to proceed reading this little scribble of mine and the rest of you - let's go on one more gorgeous ride with one and only Amorphis! "Eclipse", "Silent waters" and "Skyforger", while all being otherworldly good, were all done in same way so I was rightfully afraid that the well of inspiration will eventually dry because you can do the same thing perfect for a couple of times really, when I had a little chat with Esa and Tomi in November 2010 on their gig in Budapest they have told me that their upcoming album, the one that we are speaking about here, will be a different beast so were they right? To tell the truth, only partly. „The Beginning Of Times“ is obviously done in a way that marked mentioned previous three releases but thy did put some twists and turns to keep things interesting enough for people once again so you will not throw the album away for being the copycat of old classics; so from the moment the opening „Battle For Light“ kicks in, you will get what I mean: tempo is considerably slower, keyboards more accentuated and the folkish feel more pronounced which are the main characteristics that painted this album and shaped it to be more ethereal / atmospheric than its predecessors (maybe it is closest to „Silent waters“ out of the bunch). You will not get kicked in the teeth with some huge hits as it was the case with "Skyforger" but the whole album is one piece that demands repeated listenings in order to develop slowly for you to see all its beauty. Anyway, you will easily get caught in its web because the catchiest numbers are wisely placed in the beginning so after mentioned "Battle For Light" which from time to time even brings Viking Moonsorrow / Bathory sections goes „Mermaid“, faster tempo intertwined with gorgeous melodies of both Tomi and Santeri makes one sure winner. This track also marks one novelty in overall Amorphis’ discography and that is the use of female vocals, Marko Hietala was as always in charge of vocals’ production but this time his role is not so prominent and the girl (at the moment I don’t know who is she, sorry) has brought a true refreshement to Amorphis sound and that is true proof of my statement from above - twist a formula just little but enough to keep things new.We go further with "My enemy" which you have probably heard since it is online for a couple of days and it is probably the heaviest track on the new one, Tomi is really making some damn earthquakes with his growls but we all know that he is huge Death Metal fan so it is no wonder. "You I Need" is the first single off the album, we will soon see a video for it and I just love the rockish feel that is featured in it mashed up with unmistakable sense for divine melodies. " Song Of The Sage“ is perhaps the apex of the album – mentioned folk feel is the most obvious here, tons of classic melodies are just coming out of nowhere, strong growls: this song will get you straight back to „Elegy“ days which is one of the highest compliments I could give, really. The middle of the album is, as it was the case with „Skyforger“, probably the worst part of the release but I should better say "least good" as "Three words“ and „Reformation“ are both very cool songs, it's just that their quality is the lowest of the bunch; we are speaking here about mid tempo numbers with Tomi singing emotionally clean, I must say that I prefer his more ballsy approach in that department (remember, for example, the refrain of "Empty opening"?) but let it be, I guess that girls will get excited for that hehe. As we come closer where Amorphis always put the exciting ones you will reveal the true face of those experimentalists, it's just that it is more intertwined into the music and thus harder to unveil. " Soothsayer“ breathes even folk doomy feel reminiscent of „Tales from the thousand lakes“ but the boys decided to throw some proggy rhythms in the refrain just to put you off the track just to drive into ground where Tomi is largely backed up by female vocals, even Marko makes his appearance here - the most obvious on the album. "On A Stranded Shore“ is, I would say, pretty standard for new Amorphis but it’s breathtakingly beautiful and Tomi particularly shines on it with his gorgeous (I’m running out of synonims for „beautiful“) vocal sections, they can just put me to tears and when Esa flames his melodic solos I am just in love with the whole world. "Escape" is driven by keys which colour somehow remind me on older Dimmu Borgir from time to time but the vibe is „give-you-wings“ upbeat overall due to guitars and vocals, the small bridge in song sounds like refrain from W.A.S.P. "L.O.V.E. machine" - funny but true! Again some nineties’ sounding keys open " Crack In A Stone“ but soon thereafter we are flowing in prog waters with broken rhythms and seventies’ sounding keys, one very weird track for sure but it’s what makes it killer. And we have reached the end with „Beginning Of Time“ which calms down the fire and even carries some melodies that are „My kantele“ alike to close the last minute of it! So you see that „The Beginning Of Times“ features twelve tracks and its playing time around 55 minutes makes it the longest album in Amorphis’ discography but they have swim out of the longevity of it gloriously! Oh yeah, I have totally forgotten to mention that the album is centered around the Väinämöinen, character from the Finnish mythology and the birth of the world from the giant egg, but we will inform ourselves about it when the album and the lyrics are officially released. For the end I must admit one thing: I became a fan of this group when their each and every album was totally new story and now they are four albums in the similar formula, as I said they are not simply copying themselves but I would love to hear for the next time something utterly different from Amorphis as they can swim in whatever water they like. But that’s just me daydreaming and theorizing, the final judgement is that the Amorphis have again recorded the album of impeccable quality, the one I cannot find any fault even if I try and it will sit atop my top list of 2011 for sure - that fact can be changed only if Morbid Angel release new “Altars of madness” and the chances for that are slim as it seems... So yes, the album of the year is here. Like anyone doubted that...

Trifunovic Slobodan (10)

Evo i link ako mi ne verujete: http://www.metal-sound.net/reviews.php?read=1065

Jes' da sam album dobio prekjuče ali posle +10 slušanja kapiram da sam već dovoljno čuo da mogu da skuckam nešto.

• Upvote 3

A jebeš ga, ne bih mogao ni ja ovako stalno :haha:

Pokusao si da oboris moj rekor sa Guardijanom ali za jos jednu i po stranu nisu uspeo da me dokucis. ovakva je moja recenzija zapravo bila za moje miljenike Pathfinder :)

Pa da. Kontam da razumeju ljudi recenzije valjda, a i labeli znaju da nam nije mother tongue pa 'ajde. Kamo sreće da ima sredstava pa da lektoriše neko ali ko zna, vremenom možda dođemo i dotle. Voleo bih primati kakve koverte od Despota svakog prvog u mesecu mada i ovako sam zadovoljan :mhihi:

je li jel to on u pesmi ''On Stranded Shores'' kaze ''oh god sweet''? :)

Btw nikako da odgovorim na ovo, kaže "oh god of sea" tako da smo ostali na bezbednoj strani ;) pominje se sirena duž ceo album i neke ribetine, jedva čekam lirike.

A album mi sad bolji od Skyforgera. Droga.

May

07.05. Karmøygeddon, Haugesund (NO)

27.05. Metalfest, Mining (AT)

28.05. Metalfest, Pratteln (CH)

29.05. Metalfest, Dessau (DE)

June

11.06. Rock Hard Festival, Gelsenkirchen (DE)

14.06. Shibuya-Ax, Tokyo (JP)

15.06. Club Quattro, Nagoya (JP)

17.06. Namba Hatch, Osaka (JP)

18.06. Bay Hall, Yokohama (JP)

19.06. Legacy, Taipei (TW)

23.06. Himos Festival, Jämsä (FI)

24.06. Nummirock, Kauhajoki (FI)

26.06. Graspop, Dessel (BE)

July

07.07. Rock Harz, Ballenstedt Airfield (DE)

08.07. Getaway Rock, Gävle (SE)

10.07. Ruisrock, Turku (FI)

13.07. Hegyalja Fesztival, Tokaj (HU)

14.07. Masters Of Rock, Vizovice (CZ)

15.07. Bang Your Head, Balingen (DE)

16.07. Metalcamp, Tolmin (SL)

24.07. Tuska, Helsinki (FI)

29.07. Qstock, Oulu (FI)

August

06.08. Sotkamon Syke, Sotkamo (FI)

13.08. Rock im Betonwerk, Chemnitz-Mittelbach (DE)

27.08. Summer’s End Festival, Andernach (DE)

November

01.11. Rock Cafe, Tallinn (ET)

02.11. Melna Piektdiena, Riga (LV)

03.11. Reactor , Minsk (BY)

04.11. Mulen Ruzas, Vilnius (LT)

05.11. Kwadrat, Cracow (PL)

08.11. Oldies Pub, Sibiu (RO)

09.11. Silver Church Club, Bucharest (RO)

10.11. The 4th kilometer, Sofia (BG)

11.11. Romeo and Juliette, Istanbul (TR)

12.11. Block 33, Thessaloniki (GR)

13.11. Gagarin 205, Athens (GR)

15.11. New Age, Treviso (IT)

16.11. Alcatraz, Milan (IT)

17.11. Ninkasi Kao, Lyon (FR)

18.11. Mephisto, Barcelona (ES)

19.11. Sala Heineken, Madrid (ES)

20.11. Club Hard, Porto (PT)

22.11. Sala Capitol, Santiago de Compostela (ES)

24.11. Rock Star Live, Barakaldo (ES)

25.11. Le Phare, Toulouse (FR)

26.11. Divan du Monde, Paris (FR)

27.11. O2 Academy Islington, London (GB)

December

26.12. F-Haus, Jena (DE)

27.12. Zeche, Bochum (DE)

28.12. Hyde Park, Osnabrück (DE)

29.12. Capitol, Hannover (DE)

30.12. Substage, Karlsruhe (DE)

31.12. Z7, Pratteln (CH)

January

03.01. Garage, Saarbrücken (DE)

04.01. Hirsch, Nürnberg (DE)

05.01. Rockhouse, Salzburg (AT)

06.01. Explosiv, Graz (AT)

07.01. Majestic Music Club, Bratislava (SK)

08.01. Club 202, Budapest (HT)

10.01. Szene, Vienna (AT)

12.01. Dynamo, Eindhoven (NL)

15.01. Metropol, Hengelo (NL)

Edited by BruceBruce