Sigur Rós

i neka matora riba sto radi u kopirnici prekoputa mog faxa slusa sigur ros. i sva je prosto indie. jednom mi je nesto kopirala i slusala ih, i ja kao "ti slusas sigur ros?", a ona meni "aha". i od tad me uvek casti kad fotokopiam nesto malo. :wub:

gadna je. :)

i oni na b92 sto su ih stavili u trailer za neku emisiju o prirodi.

aj, ko jos slusa sigur ros?

• 2 weeks later...

i oni na b92 sto su ih stavili u trailer za neku emisiju o prirodi.

nije da je bitno, ali nisu ih oni stavili nego bbc (njihova je emisija i trejler)... i to ne samo za tu, nego za pun kurac emisija...

a takk je inace bio album godine na radiu b92...

• 2 months later...

novo

* new EP. eta - august 2007.

tracks: von (new version), salka, lagið í gær, rokklagið. lagið í gær and rokklagið will have different titles as these were only working titles. the release will include a new live video as a bonus, with footage from the upcoming DVD release.

* acoustic LP. eta - october 2007.

full-length album of acoustic songs. the band has written a lot of new acoustic songs likely to be included on the album, other likely contenders are acoustic reworkings are ágætis byrjun, starálfur, von, heysátan, samskeyti, vaka and njósnavélin. the band will begin recording the acoustic album next month in a summerhouse in the 300-person town of flateyri.

* live DVD. eta - october 2007.

sigur rós on the road: the as yet untitled DVD of last summer's iceland tour. the DVD is being finished by dean deblois, an animation filmmaker who wrote mulan and directed lilo & stitch. he's also a sigur rós fan. the concert footage is going to be tied together with a narrative and some short interviews/voiceovers with the band, plus footage of iceland in general. it's going to be a live DVD but with a lot more to offer than just concerts. in september the film will be premiered in a cinema in reykjavík, possibly in other cities as well.

super

• 4 months later...
* live DVD. eta - october 2007.

sigur rós on the road: the as yet untitled DVD of last summer's iceland tour. the DVD is being finished by dean deblois, an animation filmmaker who wrote mulan and directed lilo & stitch. he's also a sigur rós fan. the concert footage is going to be tied together with a narrative and some short interviews/voiceovers with the band, plus footage of iceland in general. it's going to be a live DVD but with a lot more to offer than just concerts. in september the film will be premiered in a cinema in reykjavík, possibly in other cities as well.

Ovo bi trebalo da bude vrh, oni klipovi na youtube su odlični.

• 2 weeks later...

Rate Your Music

Sigur Rós

( )

Reviews

Scene: interior of Sigur Ros' management offices on a cold day in Iceland. All exchanges will be in English to make it easier for the reader.

Manager: Alright lads!! How's it going? How's the new album? Come in, come in, give us the lowdown. You got a name for it yet?

Jonsi: No, we're err, we're not going to have a title for this one.

Manager: Right, right. Might be difficult, but I like it, yeah, good marketing point. Okay, but what about the songs, have they got......

Jonsi shakes his head slowly

No, of course not, why have song titles if you haven't even called your album anything? Okay, I can probably get round that too. What I need is an idea, some themes, what are you singing about?

Jonsi: Well, I'm not actually singing any words, just making noises with my mouth that sound a bit like words.

Manager: O............K.

Jonsi: Well, technically, it's our own made up language, but it doesn't mean anything. Essentially I'm just going la la la la, blurblurble, lala.

Manager: Again, interesting, but I'm really going to be struggling selling this one to the public. You crazy kids. I mean, how are you going to sell this?

Jonsi: Well, look here, look. Peer into the mystical sea shell and your questions will be answered.

Inside the sea shell there is a vision of Heaven, it is the day after Judgement Day, the results are in and God is handing out the prizes.

God: SO, THAT WAS THE CORRECT WAY TO LIVE YOUR LIFE. NOW, NEXT UP WE HAVE THE BEST ALBUM BY A NON ETHEREAL BEING. THE CONTENDERS ARE:

RADIOHEAD, PINK FLOYD, THE BEATLES AND SIGUR ROS.

SO, LET'S OPEN UP THE ENVELOPE.

AH, MY FAVOURITE TOO, THE WINNER IS................SIGUR ROS WITH THEIR ALBUM WHICH IS UNUTTERABLE BECAUSE IT IS IN FACT THE WORD OF GOD, AND DOWN THERE ON EARTH, YOUR TINY LITTLE EAR DRUMS WOULD HAVE BLOWN APART IF YOU HEARD ME SPEAK.

RYM Member with little respect for the supreme being: But why that one sir, why not Revolver? We all know that that is commonly regarded as being the best.

God: WELL, WHY DON'T WE ASK MATTHEW OSBORNE, HE CAN PROBABLY EXPLAIN IT BETTER THAN I CAN.

Matthew Osborne: Thanks God, the reason it is the best is because it can move you like when you realise that one day you're going to die, but at the same time it reminds you of all the goodness and light in the world.

God: THANKS MATTHEW, VERY SUCCINCT AS USUAL. NOW, IF WE CAN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT CATEGORY OF BEST ASS..................

Jonsi closes the sea shell and gives the manager a knowing look

Manager: Okay, I'm sold, that sounds pretty good, and a recommendation from Matthew Osborne gets my approval every time. One thing though lads, why didn't you just play me the album, rather than reveal that you have secret powers beyond those of mortal men?

Jonsi: Well, that wouldn't have made for a very interesting review now, would it?

екстра

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dva kratka updatea glede novog albuma

Gosh, things seem to be moving fast in the once glacially-paced world of Sigur Ros. It only seems like yesterday that they were playing acoustic shows in support of the release of 'Heima' around the world (it was Oct/Nov), but already they are off to the studio to make a new record. Yep, the boys have got together a - by their standards - big bunch of material and are leaving Iceland for New York to work with Flood on what will hopefully be a quick, neat job - maybe even ready for release by the summer. Whatever, it's going to be interesting to see what happens next...

sigur rós have returned from new york’s sear sound studio with foundations for 11 songs which will appear on their next lp. the band will continue recording the album with producer flood in their sundlaugin studio over the next couple of weeks, with a tentative release date of late spring / early summer. except for the crowd at the tiny sirkus concert last month, no one has heard any of these songs before.

Vec krajem proleca/pocetkom leta...obzirom da skoro nikakve aktivnosti nije bilo do pocetka godine, ovo je neocekivano ekspeditivno.

Jedino sto ne znam je kako nameravaju da nadmase Takk...

• 2 months later...