Opeth

Baal

Guest Administrator

Nije iznenađenje, ali je obećavajuće, kao i uvek. :da:

Bas me zanima na sta ce da lici novi album , kuda ce sad da krenu. Cinjenica je da Mikael ne moze vise da izvuce growl kao nekad ( Samo uporedite Roundhouse Tapes sa Royal Albert Hall )

Ali je čisto pevanje ojačao, ima mnogo sigurnosti u glasu i lepu boju. Daleko je od onog falširanja i krhkog falseta sa početka karijere. Na Watershed je to itekako pokazao, kada sam čuo šta može da izvuče na "Bridge Of Sighs" oduševio sam se.

Meni je Watershed najlosiji njihov album.

Meni je Ghost Reveries onako, ima dobrih pesama, ali i nekih koje možda ne treba da budu na albumu. Deliverance mi je verovatno najmanje drag, zvuči isforsirano i beživotno, na trenutke bespotrebno oduženo.

Guest Administrator

Meni je Damnation suvise emo. 2,3 dobre pesme mozda. Ustvari , debilno je reci da je neki Opethov album LOS , nego da je slabijeg kvaliteta. :)

Ghost Reveries ima tu neku finu atmosfericu , jos tome dodas soljicu toplog caja. :rolleyes:

• Downvote 3

To stoji. "Bridge Of Sighs", kao što rekoh, me je oduševila. Nema, naravno, magiju originala, ali je atmosfera odlična. "Den Ständiga Resan" mi je, zapravo, toliko dobra da skoro znam da otpevam sve, dobar deo toga sa razumevanjem. :D

• Upvote 1

dobra obrada, meni je watershed odlican album i mislim da pevanju (growl) na pomenutom nista ne fali, drugaciji je u odnosu na ranije ali nije los a sto se tice pevanja (clean) tu je mnogo napredovao, stoga jedva cekam novi album i nadam se da ce biti u pravom njihovom fazonu. Nije da bih se zalio da naprave damnation 2 ali ipak ocekujem brzi album, ili mozda da ponove deliverance/damnation  :rockdevil:  
  • Upvote 1

Pravo da ti kazem i sto se tice live albuma ne bih se slozio da je losiji, poprilicno je dobro otpevan prvi deo koncerta i kad uporedis pesme koje su svirane na the roundhouse tapes (Bleak i Blackwater Park) sa istim na royal albert hall poprilicno su slicne. Jedino je dosta promenjeno pevanje u pesmama iz drugog dela koncerta sa pocetka karijere ali i to je verovatno zbog njegove promene pevanja inace, dosta je dublje sada i meni se licno vise svidja takvo pevanje.  :pivopije:

• 4 weeks later...
TERRORIZER READERS POLL RESULT

Every year Terrorizer, the world's most authoritative extreme metal magazines, puts the power into the hands of its readers and lets them have their say as to who were the best, and worst, bands of the previous 12 months. And the good news for Opeth fans is...

Opeth, having won the best band accolade in 2005, stole the trophies for SPV Best Live Band while frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt took the Code 666 Records Best Vocalist and Blackstar Amplification Best Guitarist awards, stating; “If anybody slags me off from now on, I'll just go 'check out the Terrorizer polls! Who's laughing now?'”

BEST LIVE BAND: OPETH

BEST GUITARIST: MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT (Opeth)

BEST VOCALIST: MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT (Opeth)

• 2 weeks later...
Mikael Åkerfeldt has entered a endorsement deal with Austrian stringmakers Thomastik- Infeld. www.thomastik-infeld.com

"Having tried out pretty much all the guitar strings on the market, I'm happy to say that the overall quality is very good. Most big brands produce a string that delivers, and whatever brands I've played and endorsed in the past have all been great. Yet I have to say it's been pretty hard to tell them apart. Ever since the mid 90's I've used Thomastik "Plectrum" strings for my acoustic guitars, and they are the best! I'd however never tried their electric string until I put a set on an old Stratocaster that's been just unruly. I never got it to stay in tune, and it simply felt harsh. So a slapped a set of Thomastik Power brights on, and the thing just "woke up". It was amazing! I realized there's no other string I love as much. It's just one of a kind! I started fishing for a endorsement deal with them some time ago, and now I am happy to say that we're in business together. I will now play Thomastik strings exclusively, and i will play their whole range of strings. The Power brights Medium/Light, the acoustic Plectrum strings, as well as N-series classical string. They have the best, round warm tone I've ever heard. They feel more smooth than any other string. The are more durable, probably last 3 times longer than a regular string. I just feel I'm in complete control playing them. Seriously blown away here!"

Opeth have also started collaborating with Planet waves cables and guitar accessories. www.planetwaves.com

"We have used the Planet waves cables for as long as I can remember. Can't say I'm one of those guys who've taken all my cables apart trying to locate why one cable is better than the other. But they just work, they've never failed on us and the produce a clean, distortion-free sound. We'll continue to use them til the end of time!"

And finally, the band has also started a collaboration with Guitar Labs Scandinavia. www.guitarlabs.se

"Some friends of mine came over to borrow a PRS from me for the recording of their latest record. They had it properly set up, intonated and checked by Guitar labs before starting the recording. As they handed it back to me I was in awe how great it felt. I've always loved that guitar, but now it felt even better. Turns out our friends at Guitar labs have put the guitar in the PLEK-machine. It just did things to it that none of my guitar techs would ever have been able to sort out. No disrespect to them, it's just amazing what this machine can do. I immediately delivered some of my roadworn guitars for the same procedure, and they came back feeling better than ever. Amazing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ne znam je li ovo najprikladnija tema al ajd.

Bloodbath Over Bloodstock’ presents Bloodbath live & in-the-flesh & was filmed in August 2010 at the famed Bloodstock festival - one of the UK’s leading metal events. This DVD offers a pummelling set of ferocious brutality featuring numerous classics & fan favourites from the band’s whole catalogue of releases in an unrelenting death metal attack, including songs from 2008’s highly-acclaimed tornado of blasphemy, ‘The Fathomless Mastery’.‘Bloodbath Over Bloodstock’ comes with a wealth of extras, featuring bonus footage taken from PartySan festival in 2008, as well as extensive band member interviews. The artwork was designed by Travis Smith.

click here to pre-order now for 25th April 2011 release.