Memory Garden

Angelystor

Mozda je ova tema mogla i na doom, al ne smeta i ovde da chuchi.

Dakle shvedski bend sa sledecim izdatim albumima:

1996 Tides Full-length

1998 Verdict Of Posterity

2001 Mirage

+ par EPa i demoa pre prvog albuma i singl iz 2004e..

Bend bi trebalo da je aktivan ali shto se tiche snimanja vidi se i da nisu bash toliko..heh..

Anyway, svi albumi imaju dosta Candlemass shmeka u pesmama i po mjuzi a i vokal, iako prosechan, bogami po nachinu pevanja "vuche" na Mesaju. Albumi su pribliznog kvaliteta, s tim sto mi je "Tides" neshto bolji od trojicu. Smenjivanje doomy heavy/power/prog riffova i odlichne kompozicije.

ako nekog zanima da chuje pesme:

http://memorygarden.net/enter.html

one demo i tribute pesme nisam chuo, a moja preporuka od pesama sa linka su "Revelation" i "Dream Horizons" icon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Swedish doom metallers MEMORY GARDEN have posted the following message at their official website:

"Believe it or not but the new Memory Garden album, Carnage Carnival, is now official done.

Both the mix and the mastering were finished last week and then we wanted it all to sink in for a couple of days before give it all the thumbs up, which now are done!!

This is for sure our best work to date.

Watch out for an early 2007 release, you won't be disappointed."

Back in June, Memory Garden announced that they had inked a deal with Vic Records. The label will release Carnage Carnival and also re-release the group's previous sold-out albums Forever and Tides.

The re-releases will be upgraded with some extra material such as demo songs, rehearsal recordings, new recordings of never before released material and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

MEMORY GARDEN, the Sweden-based band featuring former ABSKTRAKT ALGEBRA guitarist Simon Johansson, has finalized the track listing for its new album, "Carnage Carnival", due later in the year via Vic Records.

Commented Simon: "We are for the first time working with the Hungarian artist Hjules and he [is] just awesome. The artwork for this one will for sure be something out of the ordinary. Hjules has worked with artists like ANNIHILATOR, DESTRUCTION, GRAVE DIGGER, NIGHTINGALE etc. in the past and if you are in need of artwork I really can recommend him."

"Carnage Carnival" track listing:

01. Carnage Carnival

02. The Bitter End

03. Nameless

04. The Beast Within

05. Beggars Anthem

06. A Dark Embrace

07. Dominion

08. Endless Fear

09. Another Night

10. The Downfall

• 2 years later...

Trebalo im je malo vise da izdaju album, ali stigao cca. jesenas, ja ga vario proteklih dana/nedelja, solidno doomish power shtivo (ostajem pri tome definitivno :) ), mracnije i modernije, naslovna je bash zarazna i himnichna heavara, i volio bih josh izdvojiti redom "Nameless", "A Dark Embrace" i "Another Night". Fino.

Da te ne slazem, ali pojavio se na netu josh septembar/oktobar... Ima djuture linka, evo na ovaj prvi naidjo', nema pass: http://rapidshare.com/files/156182804/Memo...ival__2008_.rar

Nisam neki fan SAa, barem se ne nadjoh yet u novijim radovima, Destiny Falls To Ruin i dosta. Tak' da, bolji mi je MG, heh.

• 4 years later...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186445

Swedish epic doom metallers MEMORY GARDEN will release their fifth album, "Doomain", on April 15 in Europe and April 16 in North America via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Annoying Sound Factory and SolnaSound Recording by the bandmembers themselves, with a little engineering assistance from Mike Wead (KING DIAMOND) during the lead guitar sessions. The mix was handled by Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH, NIGHTINGALE) at Unisound studios in Örebro, Sweden.

"Doomain" track listing:

01. The Evangelist

02. Latent Lunacy

03. Daughters Of The Sea

04. Barren Lands

05. Violate & Create

06. Doomain

07. The King Of The Dead

08. A Diabolical Mind

09. Misfortune

Comments the band: "The recording of 'Doomain' must be the most relaxed album session we've ever done.

"We recorded most of the album ourselves in our own studio and took the time we wanted and needed to get it done. Dan Swanö helped us getting the rig together and he provided us with the tools to do it and from there we did it ourselves. The lead guitar sessions were done at SolnaSound Recording by Simon and Mike Wead. When it all was done, it was sent to Dan Swanö and Unisound for mix and mastering. The final album is amazing and we are so thrilled to get it out to all of you"

Regarding the CD title, the group states: "We wanted a short and effective title to this album. It's a little game of words referring to the style of music we play 'doom metal' and the actual word 'domain.'

"We see this album as a statement of what MEMORY GARDEN stands for music-wise and this album is certainly down our alley, it's in our Doomain."

MEMORY GARDEN was formed in 1992 in Sweden and has since then released four albums, two of them under the flag of Metal Blade Records ("Verdict Of Posterity" in 1998 and "Mirage" in 2000).

MEMORY GARDEN is:

Stefan Berglund - Vocals

Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar

Andreas Mäkelä - Guitars

Johan Fredrikson - Bass

Tom Björn - Drums

memorydoomain.jpg