Vanden Plas

azal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, to je praistorija icon_smile.gif Neka 2002. or something.

Ja se ni ne secam tacno kad sam postavljen za moderatora na power-prog.

Kako god, prog kvlt teme se nikad nece brisati... dok se jednom ne razvalimo od alkohola i sve te teme stavimo kao important topics icon_wink.gif To bi bio pravi duh, Dali's Dilemma kao important icon_mrgreen.gif

i ako imaju samo jedan album koji se prodao u 50 primeraka.

trebamo i temu da otvorimo gde cemo raspravljati zasto u bendovi kao Enchant i Shadow Gallery izadli kvlt publiku kad su presli u neko drugu izdavacku kucu iz Magna Carte. wallbash.gif

Edited by azal

Conflict & Dreams kvlt!

Kad se samo setim kako sam sa UG kvlt spiskovima traumirao one pirate pred SKCom... Donesem spisak sa nekih 150 naslova, a ovi gledaju i komentar redovno: "brate, ja sam sa ovog spiska cuo za svega dva ili tri benda, a ni njih nemam". icon_smile.gif

Ali zato je nabavka svakog albuma bila zadovoljstvo van mogucnosti opisivanja reci... skoro sam plakao kad sam zbavio Empty Tremor Apocolokyntosys. Necemo sad u detalje o tome kakav je to album icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Eh, ajd malo da probudim temu. Bejah na sajtu i kažu ovo:

New Vanden Plas album: 12 Songs already composed!

A new Vanden Plas album is on the horizon! Stephan has already composed 12 new songs and Andy is working on the lyrics and vocal lines. There will also be more songs coming from Günter and Andy. Which songs and how many will be featured on the cd will also depend on the story (see Andy Kuntz’ statement below). The band is thinking about a release in fall 2009. Once again, the band will work together with engineer Markus Teske and the album will be recorded at Bazement Studio near Wiesbaden, Germany.

Andy Kuntz: „The new Vanden Plas CD will once again be a concept album. It is also planned to bring it on the theatre stage one day. The working title is ‚The Journey of the Watchman’ und The story unfolds in Rome in three different time periods. It is about the watchmaker ‚Tao’ who, under strange circumstances, takes possession of a magic chronograph. This clock enables him to ‚stab’ a hole in time. It was once filled with 2000 years but there are only a few grains left. To dive deeper into my science fiction story which should be based on well researched historical facts, similar to ‘Abydos’, I travelled to Rome and stayed at a monastery for a couple of days. Close to the roots of our Christian history at the ‘Santa Croce de Gerusalemme’ where some holy relics of Saint Helena are still kept, I was able to gain a lot of inspiration. Based on Stephan’s songs I already started to work on some vocal lines. I guess it will take until June to finish the songs. Then let’s enter the studio and release the album!“

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The new Vanden Plas album "The Seraphic Clockwork" will be released on 04 June 2010 by Frontiers Records. The 8 songs were recorded at Bazement Studio by engineer Markus Teske and produced by the band. The story of the concept album was written by Andy Kuntz and tells about a journey in time. The protagonist, who lives in 16th century Rome, comes under the spell of an Old Testament prophecy. He travels back to Jerusalem in the year 33 anno Domini where he must face his God-given destiny.

Stephan Lill about the new album: "I think that my preference for heavier bands shines through more than ever before. Heavy riffs, elaborate keyboard and orchestra arrangements plus catchy hook lines come together in a perfect symbiosis which marks Vanden Plas' characteristic style. I feel that we were much more adventurous on The Seraphic Clockwork than ever before."

• 2 weeks later...
Napoli, April, 2010 – A good four years after Vanden Plas last critically acclaimed studio recording, “Christ O” hit the charts, Germany’s finest Prog Metal act is set to release its brand new album: “The Seraphic Clockwork”, on June 4th, in Europe and June 22nd in the USA.

Highly anticipated by fans and critics alike, “The Seraphic Clockwork” is a fascinating concept album, which not only shows the quintet’s exceptional technical skills, but also highlights their impressive development as songwriters. The new album sounds more multi-layered, progressive and metal-oriented than any previous Vanden Plas release. “I think that my penchant for music of the tougher persuasion shines through more than ever before on this album,” comments guitarist Stephan Lill, who – together with keyboardist Günter Werno and vocalist Andy Kuntz – make up the group’s creative triumvirate. He adds: “Hard riffs, elaborate keyboard and orchestral arrangements plus catchy hooklines come together in a perfect symbiosis which marks Vanden Plas’ own style. I feel that we were much more adventurous on with The Seraphic Clockwork than ever before.”

A perfect example which substantiates this statement, is the 13-minute track ‘On My Way To Jerusalem’, a little masterpiece within a homogeneous, self-contained album. The song takes the listener on a haunting, adventurous journey which comes full circle musically towards its end. From soaring piano sounds through hard riffs and versatile arrangements to atmospheric parts, the whole range of expressive forms which the Progressive Metal genre has to offer are present. On the other hand, ‘Heal The World’ with its melodic intro, subsequent heavy riff and catchy chorus, reveals the band’s affinity to theatre music and all its complexity, and is classic Vanden Plas.

The band's fascination with classical history has left its mark on “The Seraphic Clockwork” particularly in terms of lyrics: the dramatic science fiction story of the concept album was penned by vocalist Andy Kuntz and chronicles a journey in place and time from 16th century Rome to Jerusalem in the year 33 A.D. The protagonist, after an apocalyptic vision, has come under the spell of an Old Testament prophecy and must travel back through the centuries to face his God-given destiny. “It’s about being unable to escape fate”, explains Kuntz, a master at making complex subject matter both fascinating and accessible to contemporary audiences. “Working for the theatre has definitely influenced the story’s depth. When you realize or reproduce your own projects on a stage, you learn a lot about dramaturgy.”

“The Seraphic Clockwork” was exclusively presented to the journalists in a press showcase held in Koln, Germany on April 9th. Some of the reactions to the preview include:

“Great comeback of Germany’s leading Prog Metal band!”

Mike Borrink - Rock Hard Germany

“Those who have been concerned that Vanden Plas might have lost their riff power over the last few years don't have to worry anymore: their new album „The Seraphic Clockwork“ is a perfect example for a well-balanced mixture of intelligent prog tunes, heavy riffing and the uncompromising love for hard music.”

Thorsten Zahn - Classic Rock Mag Germany

“They've made us wait but one of the best and most respected Progressive Metal bands are back with the heaviest, most epic and diverse album of their career to date. Awesome stuff.”

Matthew Adrian Spall - Powerplay , UK

“The Seraphic Clockwork" is unbelievable, fantastic, great music with a great story. Vanden Plas are the Prog Metal kings.”

Marco Magin – Breakout, Germany

"Intense, melodic and challenging at the same time, this new offering by Vanden Plas has what it takes to please the most demanding Progressive Metal fans."

Morgan Rivalin - Rock Hard France

The musical and lyrical complexity of “The Seraphic Clockwork” is certainly inspiring. Vanden Plas have proved again that they are the most imaginative and diverse of German Prog Metal bands and justly enjoy the highest international acclaim. It can only be a matter of time before this concept album also makes it onto the stage.

“The Seraphic Clockwork” includes the following tracks:

Frequency; Holes In The Sky; Scar of an Angel; Sound of Blood; The Final Murder; Quicksilver; Rush of Silence; On My Way to Jerusalem.

Vanden Plas

Andy Kuntz (vocals), Stephan Lill (guitar), Günter Werno (keyboards), Torsten Reichert (bass), Andreas Lill (drums)