Ava Inferi

Talvi

Ajd' ovako:

Ava Inferi je portugalsko/norveski bend koji kombinuje romanticni doom sa uticajima portugalske fado muzike.

Ovaj norveski deo benda zapravo predstavlja Rune Eriksen aka Blasphemer (od nedavno ex-Mayhem), ne znam otkud on u ovim vodama ali eto, on pise muziku... :mrgreen:

Muskih vokala nema, samo vrlo lep zenski glasic (pevacica Carmen je pevala na novom Moonspell-u!) i cela slika je krajnje opustajuca...

Snimili su dva albuma do sada, "Burdens: i "The Silhouette"...

A imaju i snimljen apsolutno prelep spot za pesmu "A Dança Das Ondas", moze da se skine sa sajta benda...

Ko voli doom ne bi smeo da ovo propusti... :da:

Zvanicni sajt: www.ava-inferi.com

"The Silhouettte": http://www.4shared.com/file/27411361/eb2e9..._2007_.html?s=1

2.jpg

Wow, Blasphemer!

Лик ме је својом креацијом на "Ordo Ad Chao" убедио да, дефинитивно, зна шта ради и да има шта да понуди.

Комбинација жанрова је довољна да да покушам па и да стање није као наведено.

Кул.

:da:

Па да, он је прилично опуштено рекао да га Mayhem више не занима и кажем, након последњег албума, потпуно ми је јасно и зашто - по мени, не може боље од онога, не само у Mayhem-у већ је тешко у целом металу наћу ОНАКВУ луцидност и креативност.

Радујем се сваком његовом новом пројекту а ако је ово тај због ког је отишао из Mayhem-а, сигурно је имао велике разлоге.

Храбар човек који је изашао из сенке неких бивших времена.

Sto jes' jes', bolje i mracnije od "Ordo"-a je tesko kreirati, i ako je on svestan svojih kreativnih kapaciteta onda je ovako definitivno bolje, hrabar i iskren potez, sigurno... Na momente se u Ava-i taaako cuje da je to njegova gitara da je to nevidjeno... :mrgreen:

• 10 months later...

Jeeeeeeeej:

AVA INFERI, the Portugal-based band whose lineup includes Norwegian guitarist Rune Eriksen (a.k.a. ex-MAYHEM guitarist/songwriter Blasphemer), will release its third album, "Blood Of Bacchus", in Europe on May 25 via France's Season Of Mist (July 14 in the U.S.).

The track listing is as follows:

01. Truce

02. Last Sign of Summer

03. Colours of the Dark

04. Black Wings

05. Appeler Les Loups

06. Be Damned

07. Tempestade

08. Blood of Bacchus

09. Memoirs

The album features guest appearances by Kristoffer Rygg (ULVER), Live Kostöl (PANTHEON I), Fredrik Söderlind (PUISSENCE) and the "amazing piano talent" Arne Martinussen.

Commented guitarist Rune Eriksen: "Here we are again: New album, new expectations and whatnot more. I could write something in the lines of 'this is by far the best album we ever did' or 'this album is the most complete and mature piece of work we've ever done,' but I guess it all has been said and done by countless bands before so I see no reason to mention it. However, it is true though, and very much so as well... And we are damn proud! ;)

"No, the reason why I'm sitting in my living room accompanied with my PC this Sunday morning is because of Guillaume's (Season Of Mist propagandist and friend) idea of writing a statement on the topic of 'why we chose to change the sound from the promo CD to the final product!' Oh well, it is not as mysterious as it looks on paper. Actually, it is quite simple...

"Here's the deal: The album is done, the sound is perfectly organic, just the way we wanted it, and it has shitloads of personality and depth. Very AVA-ish. So what now then? Something lacking? 'Well I wouldn't say that there's something lacking... But maybe it could use a bit of that extra push? Why not try to sharpen and tighten up the sound a bit, get it more modern but still perfectly in tune with our musical convictions?' Well, at first I must admit that I was convinced this was the voice of the wine speaking, but no, the following day the same thought came through.

"So, while giving this new idea some heavy thought and consideration, I accidentally came across a new song from our semi related doomsters NOVEMBERS DOOM. The song I heard had been mastered by a certain Swede and it caught my attention immediately. Yeah, that's right! Mr. Dan Swanö was responsible. This guy has an incomparable list of merits and obviously has a damn good clue what the fuck he is doing, so no more questions asked. I sent him a file asking him to 'do what he does' and he sent it back to me the following day. Bang! There it was. I was completely stunned by the result. This is what I wanted the album to sound like! So, after a quick brainstorming with Season Of Mist, we all decided to go for it. The album was transferred to Dan and his Unisound Studio, and two days later the album was back to Season Of Mist, remastered and ready to be shipped to print.

"So, to straighten things up: those of you who actually have the promo CD, hold on to it, as it now can be considered a collector's item bearing the old or 'first' sound of 'Bacchus'. In other words, don't put it up on eBay quite yet... :)) To the rest of you, I bet you all are thinking 'so, how does this shit sound then' right? Fair enough... But until Season Of Mist allow me to grant all of you with a full song, our MySpace page is a decent place to hang out. Until next week..."

AVA INFERI recently completed the Hellhounds Fest 2009 European tour, also featuring TIAMAT and THE 69 EYES.

Fan-filmed video footage of AVA INFERI's February 15, 2009 concert in Prague, Czech Republic can be viewed below (courtesy of "Spirit046").

AVA INFERI in 2007 released the video for the opening track of the group's second full-length album, "The Silhouette". The "A Dança das Ondas" clip was masterminded and directed by Rui Veiga who has previously worked with Robert Trujillo (METALLICA), among others.

SOM-201-Ava-Inferi-Blood-of.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I da, novi album:

http://mediaportal.ru/mp3/150234-ava-infer...cchus-2009.html

Album je cista bombonica, za mene licno sigurno najbolji doom album ove godine (da, znam, Candlemass/MDB fanovi, zato kazem ZA MENE :) ). Garm je smekerski odradio gostovanje, Carmen predivna kao i uvek, Blasphemer je nevidjen kompozitor... Pa vi ako niste normalni nemojte da ga skinete. :) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Ma znam to, nego mislila sam na ovo najnovije. "Fado project" ili kako god, gde je Fernando totalno gej. I pesma mu je gej. I pocheo je da igra kao gej. Ja ga volim, ali to me je razocharalo. :) Amalia Hoje ili kako se vec zove... Uzasno.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

New Album Update

- These past times has been somewhat silent on these shores. No, or few updates has been uttered and well, doing things "undercover" has seemed like the fitting way to move forward this time. And mind you, things have been going swell. We are happy to finally announce that the fundaments (meaning drums, bass and guitars) for 8 brand new Ava Inferi trademark songs have been emanated and recorded in TopRoom Studio, Norway this past weeks.

The vocals and additional adds will be taken care of here in Portugal in near future.

The album, scheduled for a early 2011 release (on the one and only Season Of Mist), has actually been ready for a while, at least in terms of compositions. But instead of doing the usual "rush" we have now used time to our advantage, ensuring nothing slips our attention. I actually remember I made the first riff for "By Candlelight & Mirrors", one of the new songs, already back in March last year, giving the song more than a year to mature into what we feel is optimal.

It might be a cliché to proclaim this these days, but we truly feel that this material is by far the most interesting and mature we have produced so far. And easily the most raw material as well. Its somewhat typical Ava Inferi, as I really believe we have our own brand of Gothic Doom by now, but it definitely has a few changes to it.

The songs are more straight forward, some of them a tad shorter than whats expected from these shores (set aside "The Heathen Island" which closes inn at approx 10 minutes), some downright spooky and dirty, others immeasurably dark even strangely beautiful, but most importantly, they all ooze of an all-consuming power. We really believe that with this album we have created the ultimate Ava Inferi record so far ....!

I would also like to use the opportunity to welcome an addition to the coven, namely guitarplayer André Sobral.

André has been on stage with us a couple of times already, and has proved himself worthy (of membership). We now feel that the band is reinvigorated and most ready for bigger challenges, having found the important "equilibrium" on all levels.

Album title, artworks, release dates et al will be revealed at a later stage, as well as other news concerning collaboraters etc.

R/Ava Inferi

Atmospheric doomsters AVA INFERI just finished completing their new album! The Portuguese’s / Norwegian’s fourth opus is entitled “Onyx” and will be released on February 14th (22nd in the US), 2011.

Guitarist and band leader Rune Eriksen made the following statement about “Onyx”:

“The Tree of Life has got to be learnt by heart; you must know it backwards, forwards, sideways, and upside down; it must become the automatic background of all your thinking. You must keep on hanging everything that comes your way upon its proper bough.

“....and so became ONYX.

“These words of wisdom I borrowed for a moment just to emphazise the importance of evolving to become who you essentially are. How necessary and rewarding it is to breathe the air of experience, to gratefully accept the opportunities granted and to feed on lifes treasures and dreams. For it is through our life experiences and the knowledge attained we are able to develop and define our music and musicality. This I feel strongly about.

“There is no easy pointing fingers and defining this band of ours, and I really do enjoy that fact. It’s amusing and quite liberating to be between a few of those "chairs" that have been defined by the masses of journalists, fans and followers of music all over. Some have defined us as Gothic Doom, sure we have those aspects, but I wouldnt state that it ends there. No, on the contrary Watson, it most certainly continues. Since the very first "Burdens" we have been named and linked to several styles and bands, although the comparisons have differed slightly from album to album, there has always been graphic and colourful ways of attempting to describe us. Even during this period of mixing and mastering I received many diverse compliments and equatives from the one and only Mr. Dan Swanö, (which himself has a long list of great merrits to be counted). Some of the written words he threw at me consisted of "sounds like some Tim Burton-esque Dark/Doom Metal" and my favorite, which was aimed at one of our new songs; "I got the feel of Bay Laurel crossfaded with ‘Power Windows’ era Rush and something unique....damn great!!". I admit I had no instant idea what he was talking about being shamely unfamiliar with most of the works from mentioned bands... However, and might I add once again, it is proven somewhat clear that music and its expression can speak louder than these genres and borders and that a given categorization can be a preconceived token of repetition to an open mind or simply an easy presumption for the "not knowers". There should definetely be no rules in art, no limitations and no foregone conclusion. Just allow it to unfold and manifest. Let it become, let it be!

“The ONYX stone has had diverse meaning over the ages. The most folkloric or saga-friendly might be the one that features a sleeping Venus, telling the tale of a crooked cupid cutting her fingernails, leaving them scattered on the ground. And obviously, as in the design of the Gods, they were transformed to stone and known on earth as ONYX. Maybe not exactly what we had in mind, however an amusing and inspiring tale.

“No, we aimed for the more metaphysical properties of this peculiar stone, which for us would include such as increasing happiness, intuition and developing ones insticts. It’s supposedly a strength giving stone as well, not only protecting from "evil" but also meaning good for athletes and for people under mental pressure and stress. The bad side, if that can be stated, are the vividly dark dreams and also foretellings of the future. Not for the faint hearted then I sense...Mostly I suspect these theories comes from conspiring ancient lores, as it was thought that inside the actual ONYX stone there was a demon imprisoned. This demon was awakened by night and spread terror and nightmares to the ones within reach, such as the bearers of the stone. Tales from the old world it just as well might be... Well, enough mythology and folklore lessons for now. However, I can reveal that these "attributes" are all a part of the main topics in this album, both concerning the lyrical side of things and also as a part of the influence brought forward into the music. All to a certain extent of course, but still, very much so.

“Truth be told, nothing really surprises me anymore, and I’m sure that many of us have been going through some hard and demanding phases in our lives, leaving an unmistakable item of charm in the sack of The Fool. It’s all beautiful though, as these experiences we can bring along and forge into some sort of poetry or a subject of resonance, as this album you soon are about to hear. It has its pain, it has its wonders, it has its beauty and its darkness, and it definetely has its own nerve. We are once again happy, and perhaps even more so this time (as I believe that the more conscious one gets, the more one is actually allowed to feel the depths of completion and satisfaction granted from persistent work). And now, seeing the album has taken its form and showcased its will to breathe, I can only hope its content and purpose will continue to amaze people the same way it did to me.

“ONYX is real, and it is definetely the sound of profound honesty, development and adventures, for good and for bad. But then again, those words could possibly be the essence of most albums, me thinks...To end it off, I would like to thank Carmen and myself, the main creators, for sticking through this together and for not giving up one ounce of faith in this piece of work. There are stars out there, waiting to be found. Blessed be!”

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die." A.C

“Onyx” will be released as round-corner digipak edition strictly limited to the first pressing.

75721_10150089415099808_49433279807_7143034_6966980_n.jpg

Edited by Talvi

• 4 weeks later...

The fourth album of atmospheric doomsters AVA INFERI is entitled "Onyx" and has been scheduled for a February 14th, 2011 (one day later in the US) release. Take a look at the cover artwork and tracklist of the Portuguese / Norwegians' new opus:

68126_10150102692139808_49433279807_7331826_3662286_a.jpg

1. Onyx

2. The Living End

3. A Portal

4. ((Ghostlights))

5. Majesty

6. The Heathen Island

7. By Candlelight & Mirrors

8. Venice in Fog

• 1 month later...