Amorphis

Cold

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

Finnish melancholic dark rock/metal icons AMORPHIS will enter the studio in September to begin recording their eleventh studio album for a March/April 2013 release. The as-yet-untitled CD will be helmed by Swedish producer/multi-instrumentalist Peter Tägtgren, who has previously worked with CHILDREN OF BODOM, CELTIC FROST, IMMORTAL, and DIMMU BORGIR, among many others. The initial sessions will take place at Petrax studio (CHILDREN OF BODOM, NIGHTWISH) in Hollola, Finland, with the band planning to utilize other studios to complete the CD.

"We wanted to approach the recording sessions in a completely new way and we decided to hire a producer to oversee the project from start to finish," AMORPHIS guitarist Esa Holopainen told Soundi.

:rockdevil:

• Upvote 1

Samo da ne bude neki mrtvi "back-to-the-roots-full-metal" album sa novom produkcijom, koji otprilike trenutno svi bendovi snimaju.

I ja sam se nadao progresivnijem/eksperimentalnijem pristupu ovaj put... Takodje, onaj akusticni set koji su radili prije par mjeseci je bio cisto remek-djelo, tako da sam se nadao i mozda nekom istrazivanju u tom pravcu.

Po ovome nekako imam utisak da ce biti sve suprotno od toga i da ce glavni cilj biti da se zadrzi postojeca i zadovolji masovnija (i mladja) metal publika.

Vidjecemo, nadam se da grijesim.

Regarding the direction of the new AMORPHIS material, Esa said, "Over the last couple of weeks we've had some really intense rehearsing for the forthcoming album. Originally we laid down around 20 new songs as demos, now we are proceeding with 14 tracks.

"I'm really thrilled about the idea to take a major step away from the so-called routines that we've had with our last records.

Значи, нешто скроз ново. Биће занимљиво чути. И било би лепо да се све те песме објаве. Те што отпадну са албума барем као неки ЕП, или бонус, или да га јебем.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...