Barren Earth

Despot!

Finland's progressive death/doom maestros BARREN EARTH have entered Helsinki's Sonic Pump Studios to record the follow-up to last year's highly acclaimed debut album, "Curse Of The Red River". The band has written 12 new songs, and is currently laying them down with engineer/co-producer Jukka Varmo. Dan Swanö (KATATONIA, OPETH) will once again be at the mixing helm. The tracks mainly continue in the vein of the previous record, having perhaps even more '70s prog influences, but maintaining the basic heaviness and brutality one has come to associate with BARREN EARTH.

The album is due for release in autumn 2011 on Peaceville Records, and the artwork will be made by Paul Romano (MASTODON). Studio reports will be updated at BARREN EARTH's Facebook page.

Barren Earth izlazi, pije i menja ribe, Amorphis je sve to prošao, završio dobar fax, našao vrh posao sa super platom i ima sjajnu porodicu.

Ne kažem da prvo nema čari ali treba se ponašati u skladu sa godinama ;)

• Upvote 2

Barren Earth izlazi, pije i menja ribe, Amorphis je sve to prošao, završio dobar fax, našao vrh posao sa super platom i ima sjajnu porodicu.

Ne kažem da prvo nema čari ali treba se ponašati u skladu sa godinama ;)

A pamtis brate kad je bio u srednjoj? Koja vremena a?

• 7 months later...

Finnish progressive death metallers BARREN EARTH will release their sophomore full-length album, "The Devil's Resolve", in North America on March 13 via Peaceville Records. The effort will be made available on CD and vinyl, with artwork provided by notable U.S.-based artist Paul Romano (MASTODON).

Mixed by Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA) at Unisound in Sweden, "The Devil's Resolve" continues with all the trademarks one has come to associate with BARREN EARTH: brutal riffs, gloomy growls, majestic melodies, as well as acoustic and progressive passages. But this time the band has delved even deeper, taking this sophomore effort to the extremes through musical landscapes encompassing brutal death metal, doomy vocals, trippy 70's prog lunacy, pastoral passages and even bagpipes.