Woods Of Ypres

F4R15

Inače, ne znam kako Grobu i Jaretu fali "Lightning & Snow", ja je imam ovde.

Zanimljiv tekst sa askearache bloga:

Hello, just a few questions about woods of ypres products. I'm looking to get all the albums on vinyl but haven't been able to track the older ones down. If you have any leads, please let me know. Also, could you tell me if you're going to sell the vinyl of grey skies and electric light? I definitely need a copy. One last thing, Davids death rocked our circle of friends as we'll as the metal community, if there is anything I can do to help his family in any way, please let me know. Thank you,

Chris

Answer: Hello Chris, like yourself, our thoughts go out to all those affected by David Gold's tragic death on Dec 21st 2011- his family, friends, bandmates, and fans have all been devastated by the news, but it has been reassuring to watch the metal community worldwide rally round and show support. To be honest, it still doesn't seem real, feelings are raw.

David was putting the final touches to the magnificent Woods 5 album, checking out the mixes from John Fryer, planning the track sequence, choosing artwork and that kind of stuff, meanwhile we were planning the debut UK showcase gig for Woods Of Ypres to take place in February. Things were looking up for the band after a decade of being a struggling DIY outfit, because a global release and touring was on the cards. Not to mention they'd just put to bed their most evocative, emotional and best album ever.

The first time we noticed something was amiss was when metal journalists reported back to us in mid-December, genuinely worried about David's severely downbeat and world-weary outlook during their phone interview. A few days later David Gold was tragically killed on the highway outside Barrie, Ontario in his homeland of Canada.

Like many, I only got to know David through his music and art in the last couple of years- but I'll always remember him as a highly intelligent and frankly, a creative genius. Woods 4 was my album of the year 2009, and Woods 5 was already a quantum leap above that.

Immediately after his death, I tweeted the download link for the promo version of the Woods 5 album as I felt people should get to check it out right away. Now a month later we have the physical album on vinyl and CD in production for a February 13th UK release date -2 months later in USA stores - this delay is due to longer pressing plant lead times stateside. iTunes and most of the leading digital outlets will carry the album from Feb 13th, we hope. There is also an extra track 'Keeper Of The Ledger' which didn't make it onto the promo version- it was being held back for an iTunes exclusive - and the song sequence is slightly altered to reflect David's final track-listing preference. Fans might consider it weird that there's no picture of David on the sleeve or packaging, this is because David had yet to chose which pics to use prior to his passing, so for the label to add a pic he'd not personally chosen, made us uneasy.

To clear up any misunderstanding, Kiss My Ashes (Goodbye) on the final release is parts 1 and 2 segued together, making an epic 10 minute track. I should stress that the promo album file which was leaked (legally, by me) right after we got news of Davids passing was exactly that- a promotional version of the album- designed solely for journalists, who are notoriously hard to impress. It even had the band name in an 'easy to read' font on the cover instead of the logo. What you downloaded was a work-in-progress, what is being released on CD/ LP/ DL is the final, official Woods 5.

Another subject of heated debate is the future of the band. Within a few days of David's passing, while feelings were still raw, his family and fellow Woods Of Ypres band-mate Joel Violette made a statement. In it, Joel mentioned the vague possibility of carrying on with the band because he and David had so much unfinished material they were planning and working on. Even though his statement was extremely respectful, heartfelt, and included many caveats, it came under criticism from online bloggers for some reason. Such criticism was harsh and unfair in my view. Please read David's final email interview for UK's Terrorizer magazine, where he mentions Joel's contribution to Woods 5 - see pic above. STOP PRESS: At the time of writing, Earache understands there are no plans for Woods Of Ypres to continue.

As for the previous albums- Woods 4 : The Green Album is already available to buy on vinyl, with several special coloured wax options, see pic.

For the early albums Woods 1,2 3, there were vague plans in place for Earache to issue them on CD and vinyl during the rest of 2012, which we will certainly do to honour David Gold's legacy and make his body of work complete for fans to enjoy.

Дајте, бре, линк за пун албум. Не мере ми се скидати са Тјуба, ако уопште има.

Inače, ne znam kako Grobu i Jaretu fali "Lightning & Snow", ja je imam ovde.

Ма ту имам. Има ове две што их нема на овом промо издању.

Edited by Јарослав

Woods of Ypres WOODS 5 is coming on CD and vinyl Feb 13th.

WoodsOfYpres5CDShirt.jpg

svasta videh al kompletan album nigde nisam nasao za download i jos je neko na ultimatemetal forumu napisao:

for those of you who are wanting to sample the song "keeper of the ledger" here ya go:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/...ic/id498077420

you'll need access to the itunes store, and the woods 5 pre-order page allows about 1:30min sample of the song, i think it sounds pretty frickin sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

KITTIE and ECLIPSE ETERNAL are among the artists who will contribute songs to an upcoming tribute album to David Gold — a founding member of the Ontario, Canada-based black and doom metal band WOODS OF YPRES, who was killed in December in a car accident near Barrie, Ontario.

Participating acts so far:

* KITTIE – "Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then Coal)"

* THE GOV' AND FRIENDS – "Intro: The Looming Of Dust In The Dark"

* ROB CRANNY – "Suicide Cargoload"

* DETS – "A Meeting Time And Place" +

* AMARANTH – "Allure Of The Earth"

* ARAWN – "Our Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground"

* ERIK VILARDO AND STEFFAN ST-HILARIUS – "You Were The Light"

* PAGAN RITUAL – "Shams Of Optimism" +

* ECLIPSE ETERNAL – "Crossing The 45th Parallel" +

* BEGOTTEN – "The Sea Of Immeasurable Loss"

* EMPYREAN PLAGUE – "Shedding The Deadwood"

* ROK KODBA – "The Sun Was In My Eyes Pt 2"

* Song selection not yet confirmed

Goldova mama je napisala nekoliko komentara na youtube-u, pa evo da sastavim malu kompilaciju.

I found lyrics for Woods six and seven.....David was planning ahead...

Hello everyone...Thank you to all who write wonderful words about my wonderful son. Some say, as time goes by the pain seems less. So far, I feel the pain just goes deeper. We have our private times of silent grief, but I feel it is healthier for all of us to talk about our sadness and comfort each other. We all are now living life with a great loss. Please continue to keep in touch with us, and continue to listen to my son's songs about love, life, challenges and hope. Thank you for sharing...

When David was 16, he was injured in a basketball game. The Dr. said" I strongly suggest you stop this sport, if you continue you will do permanent damage to your knees, affecting your growth." David loved sports! He was so disappointed and was quiet trying to deal with this news.Then one day he said" If I can't play sports I want to learn to play drums." And Yes he did do as he planned. Then learned to play guitar and Piano too.( the foundation of Woodsofypres,everything happens for a reason)

I received the message" Mom, I am on my way home..." Several hours later an officer was at my door to tell me my son had been killed on a highway near Barrie. David , his brother and two sisters and I had Christmas family Plans in the USA. The four of them were going Sky diving on New years Day. Sadly, only three of my four children went sky diving. His one Sister said just before the dive" Dave, this jump is for you..." Thank you for loving my  son and appreciating his music. David's Mom

On Dec 21st, I received the message" Mom, I am on my way home..." We had family plans to celebrate the holidays in the USA with the family. Hours later an officer was at my door to tell my my son had been killed in an accident on the highway near Barrie......We miss David....thank you to all who appreciated his music. Esther Gold, David's Mom

Dear Everyone, Bereavement is not a condition that we get over, or feel better in time. For all who miss David, I hope you do miss him forever. Many know David for his Music. Some had opportunity to connect with him and experienced some of his other dimensions. Michael, David's brother and sisters Laura and Marie and I, daily, struggle as we try to adjust to life with out David. Truly, this void , I feel can never be filled. Thank you ,we appreciate your empathy support and understanding

Eto, pa kad budete na youtube slušali neku od pesama, verovatno ćete naići na komentar user-a EstherJussila koji će vas dodatno skenjati.

Ja odmah naleteh na još:

It is True Joel and David are the only two band members in this CD. They worked so hard , long days, into the night, but took time out for bon fires at the end of the day. David said " Mom, I think this album is our Best!!!!" Enjoy my son's music. ...I miss him...Our lives are forever change. Esther Gold, David's Mom

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. Reading that David touched the hearts of so many comforts us. A family member called David a "Metal Life Coach." David with a tender heart, wrote courageous lyrics , messages between the lines especially to be heard by some who often feel invisible. Thank you for appreciating my son's talent...Esther Gold

Strašno :cry:

Edited by Grobodan

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

First I paid my respects to Glenn Gould

Then I visited the grave of Alexander Muir

Next to Eaton's tomb, I hung my head and cried

Looking for Joseph Mulgrew, I gave up and died

Stihovi iz I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Pleasant_Cemetery,_Toronto

Pogledajte listu muzičara. Šta reći sem :cry:

• 2 months later...

WOODS OF YPRES was honored in the "Metal/Hard Music Album Of The Year" category at this year's Juno Awards (the Canadian equivalent of the Grammy Awards), which is being held in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

WOODS OF YPRES mainman David Gold was killed in December 2011 in a car accident near Barrie, Ontario.

His mom accepted the award on his behalf with tears in her eyes.

"I'm speaking to you as a mother with a broken heart," she said. "Everything that we think, say, feel and do runs parallel with our sorrow.... He was a beautiful man (and) I miss him dearly."

This year's "Metal/Hard Music Album Of The Year" nominees were as follows:

* CANCER BATS - "Dead Set On Living" (Distort/Universal)

* CASTLE - "Blacklands (Prosthetic/Sony)

* DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT - "Epicloud" (HevyDevy/eOne)

* EX DEO - "Caligvla" (Napalm/Fontana North)

* WOODS OF YPRES - "Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light" (Earache/eOne)

• 1 month later...

woodsheartgold.jpg

Paul Kuhr of NOVEMBERS DOOM, one of the organizers of the forthcoming tribute album dedicated to WOODS OF YPRES frontman David Gold, entitled A Heart Of Gold: Tribute To Woods Of Ypres, has checked in with the following update:

"After speaking with Steph (Ledrew), and going over options at great length, we need to raise the money for the manufacturing of the CDs. To do this, we are going to ask for people to pre-oder by using PayPal. There are two options for you. A donation of $10 will get you a download link in the near future, and for $20 you will get a download link as well as the physical double CD when available. We need to raise $3000 dollars total, and we want to see how quickly it looks like we will reach this goal before releasing the download link."

"This is going to take a bit of faith, that you won't get ripped off, but I assure you, this is going to happen. Stephanie and I are hard at work to make sure. I will keep everyone updated here as to how close we are to reaching that goal. The prices are $10 and $20, but if you want to see this happen faster, by all means, donate more, what ever you can. Every dollar will get this done faster.

Pre-Order Donations - PayPal

$10 - download only

$20 - download and physical double CD

Send donations as a PayPal Gift to [email protected]. In the note section, include your email address for the download link and your physical address for the CD to be mailed. This is important, as the "gift" feature doesn't send that information."

The confirmed tracklist is as follows:

Disc 1

'Thrill Of The Struggle' - CATUVOLCUS

'Adora Vivos' - Raphael from MUSK OX

'Lightning And Snow' - EARTHEN

'Falling Apart' - CANOPY

'A Meeting Place And Time' - PANZERFAUST

'Finality' - KUHRZARTH

'The Sun Was In My Eyes' - ANEMIC

'Retrosleep In The Morning Calm' - ALBIREON

'Suicide Cargoload' (live) - GYPSY CHIEF GOLIATH

'Career Suicide' - RELIQUIS