Moonspell

Tormentor

• 1 month later...

E ne moze ova tema da bude negde zakopana!!

MONSPELL: New Album Tentatively Due In April

Fernando Ribeiro has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Now that the enemy is born and that everyone got their new socks to wear, I feel it is time to address you the few usual words and vows, and to let you know that I trust that 2006 will be a year when our proximity will be deepened, even further.

"As you all know and as I have been trying to keep you posted (more than listeners, witnesses) the 'Memorial' release is being prepared with the utmost attention to detail. Many phases are now starting while others end. The album has been mastered and finally we have come up with a solution for the enigma of our songs' order. It wasn't been easy but I think we have made the right choice of how to present you the songs, the way they link and breed into each other. In the next few weeks we will have the cover and the artwork done and the promotional pictures will start being released soon as well. Goes without saying that we are very sentimental and intuitive regarding our songs and creations and that is the sole reason of these first person messages: we are looking forward to April (or sooner, we can not be naive, after all this is infernet) to present 'Memorial' to you and hopefully to change together our lives at least during those moments of discovery and endearment.

"About the 'Lunar still/13 Years of Doom' DVD, I can not say more than what was said before. The release depends on the full clearance of legal aspects and both MOONSPELL and Century Media are trying their hardest to make ends meet and all parties (inc. ex-members) happy about their representation on the DVD. We trust this will happen soon and that we will be able to make better news about this in a near future. Also the 'Memorial' album will be released definitely sooner than the DVD, so I guess.

"With the news of a forthcoming album it seems that the festival season looks a bit brighter this year and besides the following confirmations, many other offers are being made and considered so we can meet and present you our music on its rightful place: the stage. Those are the dates confirmed thus far for 2006:

Mar. 04 - Metalmania Festival, Katowice, Poland

Mar. 10 - Port Club, St.Petersburg, Russia

Mar. 11 - Tochka Club, Moscow, Russia

Aug. 17-19 (date TBC) - Summer Breeze Festival, Germany.

"Further dates as above said are being dealt with and will be posted upon their full confirmation.

"So we do have big plans, high hopes, all of that and none all the same. Further decisions are being made for the band other interests like merchandise, Portuguese label, and more. A lot of things in our hands, really.

"But outside all that, I underline my and our vows that you personally, each one of you reading and communicating here, do have and enjoy the best 2006 possible with its share of failures, successes and greater lessons learnt. And above all that 2006 becomes a year that will make us even closer in our beliefs and devotion to the music that brought us together as one many times: the year of 'Memorial'."

Moj Omiljeni Bend, za koji se najiskrenije nadam da nikad [ponovo] nece doci kod nas, i to ne samo zato sto sam ih gledao dvaput u BudimPesti, vec zato sto je bolje da ih ne gleda niko, nego tamo neki trocifreni broj od kojeg trecina ne zna da sklopi recenicu, a obozavanje joj se svodi na: Odlicni su, super su! sad.gif

Moj Omiljeni Bend, za koji se najiskrenije nadam da nikad [ponovo] nece doci kod nas, i to ne samo zato sto sam ih gledao dvaput u BudimPesti, vec zato sto je bolje da ih ne gleda niko, nego tamo neki trocifreni broj od kojeg trecina ne zna da sklopi recenicu, a obozavanje joj se svodi na: Odlicni su, super su! sad.gif

Ali takva je situacija obozavanja sa mnogim bendovima,nije samo Moonspell u pitanju...

• 4 weeks later...

SPV Records has set an April 21 German release date for the new MOONSPELL album, entitled "Memorial". The CD was recorded at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany with producer Waldemar Sorychta (LACUNA COIL, TIAMAT, GRIP INC.) and will contain around 8 to 10 new songs, including "Once It Was Ours!", "Blood Tells", "Sanguine", "Finisterra", "Upon the Blood of Men" and "At the Image of Pain". The material is being described by the group as "the best music we ever wrote together" and "an homage to the Nineties scene and bands," of which they became a strong symbol of. A DVD, entitled "Lunar Still/13 Years of Doom", is expected to surface via Century Media later in the year.

Upcoming MOONSPELL shows:

Mar. 02 - Budapest, HUN @ Petofi Hall (Metalmania)

Mar. 04 - Katowice, POL @ Spodek 4 (Metalmania)

Mar. 10 - St. Petersburg, RUS @ Port Club

Mar. 11 - Moscow, RUS @ Tochka Club

Jun. 03 - Casablanca, MOR @ COC Stadium

Jun. 23 - Dessel, BEL @ Graspop Metal Meeting

Aug. 17-19 - Abtsgmünd, GER @ Summer Breeze Festiva

MOONSPELL: 'Memorial' Track Listing, Artwork Revealed - Feb. 13, 2006

Portuguese metallers MOONSPELL have finalized the track listing and artwork for their new album, "Memorial". "As we speak, we are in train of finishing the artwork for the booklet, and for both editions of the DVD," the group's vocalist, Fernando Ribeiro, writes on their official blog. "This cover was chosen among countless projects because it symbolizes the deep nature of the band (South, blood, lunar side) and it is a strong and simple image just like the music contained on the record. We went for red as the main colour because of the strong blood element present on the album. We hope you will like it and identify with.

"The 'Memorial' album will be released on the 24th of April around Europe and on the 25th in the USA. We hope to have the dates for all other territories soon. There will be two editions: one in a luxury digipack with a bonus unreleased song. The other on jewel-case. We are trying to make the video clip available in one of the editions. The single pick was 'Finisterra', also the opener of the album. We hope to have it here as soon as possible for you to listen to it."

"Memorial" was recorded at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany with producer Waldemar Sorychta (LACUNA COIL, TIAMAT, GRIP INC.). The track listing is as follows:

user posted image

01. In Memoriam

02. Finisterra

03. Memento Mori

04. Sons Of Earth

05. Blood Tells

06. Upon The Blood Of Men

07. At The Image Of Pain

08. Sanguine

09. Proliferation

10. Once It Was Ours!

11. Mare Nostrum

12. Luna

13. Best Forgotten

A DVD, entitled "Lunar Still/13 Years of Doom", is expected to surface via Century Media later in the year.

Mar. 02 - Budapest, HUN @ Metalmania, Petofi Hall

Mar. 04 - Katowice, POL @ Metalmania, Spodek

Mar. 10 - St. Petersburg, RUS @ Port Club

Mar. 11 - Moscow, RUS @ Tochka Club

Mar. 12 - Kiev, UKR @ Ckm Nau

Apr. 15 - Amneville, FRA @ Metal Therapy Festival, Le Galaxie

May 01 - Viseu, Pavilhao MOR @ Multiusos

Jun. 03 - Casablanca, MOR @ CoC Stadium

Jun. 23 - Dessel, BEL @ Graspop Metal Meeting

Aug. 17-19 - Ostalbkreis, GER @ Summer Breeze Festival

• 3 weeks later...

Preslusavam tek drugi put, i svidja mi se ono sto cujem !!! Dovoljno zestoko, jako mnogo growl deonica, atmosfera jos uvek na nivou, nesto zenskih vokala, simfonicno, melodicno, slusljivo. Ne znam kolko ce biti zadovoljni bas svi fanovi Moonspella, ali meni se jako svidja. Ima brzih deonica, kao na pomenutoj Finisteri, zatim u pesmi Upon The Blood Of man, mada mi se cini da su pesme ipak ujednacenog srednjeg ritma, bez previse gnjavaze. Ima nekih introa za spustanje lopte, mozda malo bespotrebnih delova u nekim pesmama, kao napr u Proliferation, i mozda takodje bespotreban ambientalni deo u dugackoj pesmi Best Forgotten ... ali to je zadnja pesma na albumu, pa je ono iza tishine od minut dodat neki atosfericno simfonicni deo ... Imamo i zenske vokale u pesmi Luna, veoma dobro zvuci !!!!

Mislim da je ovo jedno jako dobro izdanje, poslusacete, pa cete reci svoj sud. Jos mi je rano za generalni utisak, ali prvi utisak stvarno pleni !!!!

Edited by solicitor

• 3 weeks later...

Nisam bas upucen u diskografiju Moonspell-a, cuh samo novi album, ali ono sto mogu da potvrdim jeste da su momci sjajni uzivo (ne mislim ovde na zivu svirku "uzivo" icon_rolleyes.gif ) i da su veliki fanovi hard rock-a, a uz Metallicu "One" polude i pocnu da slemuju musik19.gifpivopije.gif

P.S. Za fanove Moonspell-a: Bili su u BGD-u ovih dana snimali spot... icon_da.gif I sorry ako ste ih propustili u subotu vece u VOODOO kafeu... musik20.gif