Sonata Arctica

I dakle, jel valja taj novi album? Jel bolji od "Ecliptice", po meni njihovog najboljeg albuma?

Evo ti mala recenzija Reckoning-a:

From Far, Far in the North Sonata Arctica returns with their fourth album called “Reckoning Night”. After establishing themselves with the great albums “Ecliptica”, “Silence” and “Winterhearts Guild’ and tours with bands like Stratovarius and Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica signed with Nuclear Blast and recorded “Reckoning Night”. Since Sonata Arctica has made a habit of topping its previous work, I was very excited too hear “Reckoning Night”.

As we are used from Sonata Arctica the album starts of with a hard-hitting yet catchy track named “Misplaced”. Only two minutes into “Reckoning Night” and you can already hear why Sonata Arctica is amongst the best in their genre. The intense melodies mixed with their power and speed truly shows the full capacity of the band. When further listening to the album it’s clearly noticeable that “Reckoning Night” is a heavier album then it's predecessor (Winterhearts Guild). The guitar work is much graver yet they keep their insanely awesome solos and overall technical high quality. The same can be said about the keyboard parts on “Reckoning Night”. They are just so technically high that you want to listen to them over and over again. The vocals by Tony Kakko are also from a very high level. The range of his voice allows him to mix faster, heavy paced parts (“My Selene”, “Blinded no More”) with the slower, more emotional parts of the songs “Shamandalie”, “Black Pearl, White Ocean”). With an instrumentally heavier album, it’s only logical that the vocals and lyrics are heavier too. Were there obvious changes between “Silence” and “Winterhearts Guild”, the lyrics from “Reckoning Night” are turned up another notch to create a more grown up side of the band. I was also surprised to find the dark, mysterious voiceover to be back again. Instead of praising silence or announcing the return of an unwanted lover, he now convinces the main character on “Wildfire” to rebel.

All in all Sonata Arctica has delivered another great album with some intense melodies and great vocal work. With “Reckoning Night” Sonata shows a darker side of their music which also shows a serious, grown up Sonata Arctica. “Reckoning Night” is an album that every progressive/powermetal fan should buy coming autumn. And while your at it, go see them live on the new tour on which they join Nightwish to play all over Europe at the end of 2004 and beginning of 2005.

Nabavio novi album...Onako,nije nesto...Cini mi se na prvo slusanje za nijansu bolji od Winterhearta,ali nekako...Sve je fino tehnicki odradjeno,ali fali mi emocija koja su imala prva dva...Ili je meni vreme da se ponovo zaljubljujem. icon_smile.gif Jebo ih Nuclear Blast,trebali su jos malo da rade na albumu.

Pa ako ti se iole svideo Winter..., RN veoma podseća na njega ali ipak se vidi pomak (malo su brzi) ali malo, zatim tu je opet Sonata-balada "Shamandalie", zatim po meni najača pesma sa albuma "Wildfire" je takodje OK, tu je još i The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Real Puppet, dve obrade World In My Eyes i Two Minds One Soul ....sve u svemu vredi ga orangelistening.gificon_cool.gif

Edited by The Wicker Man