Cult Of Luna

Out Of Time

Pazite ovu recenziju:

I am new to Cult of Luna and quite honestly, I do not see what all the fuss is about. The band seems to be able to do no wrong in the eyes of reviewers and critics, landing stellar reviews across the board. What I heard on their new CD, SALVATION, is 75 minutes of pretentious, overly-long, plodding songs that barely escalate above heavy metal elevator music. The band is comprised of SEVEN members so one would think that there is a lot going on here but that just is not the case. Half of the songs are over the ten minute mark (the shortest is nearly six) and are more tedious than the most heinous of conceivable tortures. Each song follows exactly the same format—lengthy, ambient build-up, loud section, quiet fade-out. EVERY SONG! Something can be said for the melancholy delivery of a band like Neurosis but Cult of Luna is NOT Neurosis and nothing good can be said about SALVATION.

At 12:30 in length, the album opener, “Echoes,” takes six minutes to go anywhere beyond a piece of muted keyboard programming. Klas Rydberg’s growl finally livens the track up but the final two minutes of the song turtles back into hiding with just as melancholy a tone as it began with. “Vague Illusions” bleeds into “Leave Me Here” and so on. One track is virtually indistinguishable from the next as the listener is left in this catatonic state of boredom. “Waiting For You” takes an incredible NINE AND A HALF MINUTES for anything to go beyond white noise and keyboard effects and then a minute later…it’s over?!

I listened to this CD from start to finish several times over the course of two months thinking something might finally click. Well, it didn’t. This stuff could sedate a rabid pit bull that ate a whole bottle of NO-DOZ pills. If SALVATION is not one of the most over-hyped and misdirected albums of 2004, I don’t know what is. I want SALVATION…from ever having to waste another 75 minutes listening to this rubbish again.

KILLER KUTS: None!

"I am new to Cult of Luna and quite honestly.."

e, što volim ovo da pročitam.. pukeface.gif

pazi sad: recenzije treba čitati jedino ako ih piše neko ko ima mnoogo veće iskustvo o određenom bendu od tebe..

što bih ja čitao recenziju nekog mentola koji je juče nabavio disk i sad ga već recenzira, a pre toga nije ništa od njih čuo.?

ni ja se ne petaljam da dajem neke "stručne" komentare o bendovima koje slušam mesec dana..

btw, u zadnje vreme ih sve više gotivim.. mislim CoL

• 7 months later...
tracklist za 22 02 2005

01 echoes

02 leave me here

03 crossing over

04 adrift

05 waiting for you

poslednja odvalila posebno u onom delu kad udju vokal+dist+wah.. Fukkin great koncert

skoro pa sam zaboravio koliko je na ovom koncertu dobro bilo

• 3 months later...

CULT OF LUNA Complete Work On New Album

Apocalyptic Swedish outfit CULT OF LUNA have completed work on their new album, entitled "Somewhere Along The Highway". Slated for an April 24 release via Earache Records, the album's initial tracking took place over seven days in a wooden octagon barn surrounded by "Blair Witch"-style scenery close to the band's hometown of Umeå in northern Sweden. According to sound engineer Magnus Lindberg, the remote location coupled with the spotting of "Wicca witch women dancing in the woods" and the actual acoustics of the barn itself all contributed towards creating the perfect ambiance to lay down the basic tracks which were done primarily live, as a unit — a departure from previous CULT OF LUNA recording protocol. Further recording and mixing happened in Tonteknik studios where both the band's 2004 album "Salvation" and its predecessor "The Beyond" (2003) were recorded. And the result promises to more raw and unpolished then the bands previous releases.

"Somewhere Along The Highway" track listing:

01. Marching To The Heartbeats

02. Finland

03. Back To Chapel Town

04. And With Her Came The Birds

05. Thirtyfour

06. Dim

07. Dark City, Dead Man

CULT OF LUNA Complete Work On New Album

Apocalyptic Swedish outfit CULT OF LUNA have completed work on their new album, entitled "Somewhere Along The Highway". Slated for an April 24 release via Earache Records, the album's initial tracking took place over seven days in a wooden octagon barn surrounded by "Blair Witch"-style scenery close to the band's hometown of Umeå in northern Sweden. According to sound engineer Magnus Lindberg, the remote location coupled with the spotting of "Wicca witch women dancing in the woods" and the actual acoustics of the barn itself all contributed towards creating the perfect ambiance to lay down the basic tracks which were done primarily live, as a unit — a departure from previous CULT OF LUNA recording protocol. Further recording and mixing happened in Tonteknik studios where both the band's 2004 album "Salvation" and its predecessor "The Beyond" (2003) were recorded. And the result promises to more raw and unpolished then the bands previous releases.

"Somewhere Along The Highway" track listing:

01. Marching To The Heartbeats

02. Finland

03. Back To Chapel Town

04. And With Her Came The Birds

05. Thirtyfour

06. Dim

07. Dark City, Dead Man

ti si lud evil spiritu. kao da stalno visis po netu i prvi provaljujes infoe icon_smile.gif

Evil Spirit shrugs of taunting

Evil Spirit, an internet persona known on many heavy metal and hard rock related forums for bringing breaking news first to the masses, said that he will continue to do so, despite the ribbing he has been receiving recently from several of his internet comrades.

His detractors, who often make fun of him for being such a speedy herald, and who sometimes accuse him of having no life outside of heavy metal album release information, continued to cast dispersions his way, though Evil Spirit claims that he remains prudent in his tasks.

“Some people have yearly subscriptions to the New York Times or USA Today, I read blabbermouth religiously, what can I say.” Evil Spirit told the Beta new agency today.

In related news, a popular internet bully, Body Remover, used the phrase “you go girl” to show sarcastic and mocking approval of Evil Spirit’s life’s mission and is now being sued by Oprah Winfrey for copyright infringement.

roflmao

His detractors, who often make fun of him for being such a speedy herald, and who sometimes accuse him of having no life outside of heavy metal album release information, continued to cast dispersions his way, though Evil Spirit claims that he remains prudent in his tasks.

ako neko od nas nadzivi evil spirita trebalo bi da se postara da mu ovo pise na spomeniku.