Ministry

REVOLTING COCKS (also known as REVCO), the American industrial rock band that began as a musical side-project for Alain Jourgensen (MINISTRY), has posted a new track, "Homo Song (I'm Not Gay)", on the group's MySpace page. The song comes off REVOLTING COCKS' forthcoming album, "Sex-O Olympic-O", due later in the year through Jourgensen's imprint 13th Planet.

REVOLTING COCKS's most recent release was "Cocktail Mixxx" — a collection of intoxicating dance/club remixes of the 2006 release "Cocked and Loaded" from REVCO mixologists Luc Van Acker, Clayton Worbeck and Phildo Owen.

Released in March 2006, "Cocked and Loaded", was the first REVOLTING COCKS record in more than a decade. Produced by Jourgensen, it featured the contributions of guest artists Jello Biafra (DEAD KENNEDYS), Gibby Haynes (BUTTHOLE SURFERS), Rick Nielsen (CHEAP TRICK), Billy Gibbons (ZZ TOP), Stevie Banch (SPYDER BABY) and Phildo Owen (SKATENIGS) and Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK).

• 2 weeks later...

To some, THE REVOLTING COCKS (aka REVCO) is the bastard offspring of MINISTRY madman Al Jourgensen and it seems that "Uncle Al" is a damn proud papa these days.

"This is the best REVCO album I've ever done," said Al, who produced the album. "As a matter of fact, I think this is the best album — including MINISTRY, PAILHEAD, LARD — anything I've ever done, period. Production-wise, song-wise, I'm really, really happy with this record. It's the first CD I've ever gotten back from the mastering studio that I didn't have anything to bitch about. No complaints. I listened to the whole thing and just went, 'OK — that's a wrap. Let's go!'"

While still retaining the unmistakable REVCO industrial-dance-metal sound, "Sex-O Olympic-O" sees the group (Josh Bradford/vocals, Sin Quirin/guitars, Clayton Worbeck/keyboards) let first-wave glam rock seep into their already rich sound. Case in point, the soon-to-be quirky anthem (and first single from the album) "I'm Not Gay", which debuted on MINISTRY's 2008 "C U LaTouR" live shows and is now a solid staple on MySpace and Facebook homepages around the world.

Set for release October 14, 2008 via Jourgensen's label 13th Planet Records, it turns out that "Sex-O Olympic-O" was supposed to be REVCO's swansong. However, according to singer Bradford, it was the quality of the material that made Jourgensen alter his plan slightly. "Originally, it was going to be the final REVCO album, Al was ready to put MINISTRY and REVCO to rest. Al and Sin had a couple of ideas, he gave them to me and we threw them together. Al was like, 'Fuck! We're not going to have this be the last album.' He made a decision after hearing the first few tracks to keep it going, because it was going to be one of the best REVCO albums to come out. We were in El Paso — we set up a couple of little studios. We sat down — me, Al and Sin, and then Clayton later joined us — we just started trading tracks. It just magically came together. Most of the time, we all tracked individually, which is very strange for an album when you do that to come out so cohesive. The only time we hung out was when we went to strip clubs or got wasted."

As evidenced by such tracks as "Hookerbot 3000" and "The Red Parrot", REVCO's affection for frequenting strip clubs has certainly rubbed off on them musically, as many of the songs sound like a custom-made soundtrack for strippers worldwide to strut their stuff to. But if you dig deep into the lyrics, you'll be afforded a direct look into the warped and twisted mind of Bradford. "Josh recorded a lot of these vocals in his apartment — really thin walls with no soundproofing," points out Worbeck. "He was tracking in the middle of the night with headphones on, yelling these bizarre phrases that are in the song at the top of his lungs. If you think about it, his neighbors weren't hearing music, all they were hearing was him yelling these strange lyrics. His neighbors must think he's insane."

The last word goes to Jourgensen, who offers to clear up once and for all the rumors surrounding REVCO's future. "I am leaving after this album, and I'm turning it over to a younger generation of REVCO's — much like MENUDO does or BLUE MAN GROUP. I'm kind of franchising it out. It started in 1983 — with me, Luc Van Acker and Richard 23 from FRONT 242. There were three of us, and now, I've found these other three young knuckleheads who I think capture the true essence and spirit of being 'a REVOLTING COCK,' if you will. Picture me, Luc and Richard as when you walk into a bank and you have the portraits of the founders. And we've turned it over to these three guys - under the one condition that in five years, they have to turn it over to three other new guys. They have to find the right people to carry on the tradition — which is a lot of keg parties, beer chugging, throwing up, sexual abnormalities." As evidenced by the strength of "Sex-O Olympic-O", Josh, Sin and Clayton will undoubtedly do the REVCO name proud for the next five years.

REVCO plans to support "Sex-O Olympic-O" with lots of touring starting this fall.

OVo je vrh setlista od pre par koncerata ali mnogo pesama ne sviraju na sledecih par setlisti uglavnom nova 2 albuma plus hitovi...

Let's Go

Last Sucker

Lies Lies Lies

Under My Thumb

The Missing

Deity

Supermanic Soul

Reload

Crumbs

Scarecrow

(Break)

NWO

Just One Fix

Road House Blues

Land Of Rape And Honey

No W

Wrong

RGB

(Break)

Animosity

Shove

Over The Shoulder

(Final Break)

Encore

Psalm 69

Stigmata

Radio Metal has posted a new interview with Aaron Rossi in which the MINISTRY drummer discusses the incident that took place on June 24, 2008 at the band's concert at Havana Café in Toulouse, France. According to the official explanation offered by the group and the venue, MINISTRY's show had to be stopped after a fan allegedly jumped up on stage and attempted to attack the band with tear gas. However, some fans that attended the concert allege that it was in fact the security personnel that used tear gas on the audience, not the other way around. An excerpt from the interview follows.

Radio Metal: I understand there was a problem in Toulouse yesterday. Can you explain the situation?

Aaron Rossi: We probably had a thousand people in the audience, and we knew it was going to be a crazy show. The opening band told us it was like a hundred degrees in there, very hot. We prepared for that — we got more water on stage. We were playing, and the show went very well, but all of a sudden, I saw Tony [Campos, bass] run off stage. Then I saw my drum tech, who was starting to unplug things, and he said, "You have to get out of here." When he said that, I took a deep breath, but I couldn't breathe and my eyes started to water. We ran outside, and everybody poured water on our heads and our eyes. They said it was pepper spray or tear gas, something like that. It was pretty scary. We went back out to play again, but one of the fans jumped upon the fence we have on stage and pulled it down. On the other side of the fence was the bass player, Tony, and he was caught underneath the fence. Finally, Al Jourgensen [MINISTRY mainman] said, "No more, this is it." The crowd was being very disrespectful, and he said, "We're done, let's get out of here." We left as soon as possible.

Radio Metal: So it was Al who decided to stop the show. But what was your opinion?

Aaron Rossi: I love to play, but the conditions of the venue were very bad. There wasn't much security, and for a final farewell tour, safety is a must, especially for Al. Some of the fans get really crazy. I follow whatever Al says, whatever songs he wants to play, whatever show he wants to do or cancel, I have to go with him. The only other time we had to cancel half-way was in Hamburg, because the audience were throwing cups at us. My drum-riser was covered in beer, and I had cups hitting me. This was disrespectful, so we got out of there.

Radio Metal: It is sad to conclude a MINISTRY tour in France like this. But when you left the stage, did you understand that there was a problem with someone in the audience?

Aaron Rossi: Yeah. You see, in the United States, we had the murder of Dimebag Darrell from PANTERA. Since then, security has to be very tight. We thought we had everything under control, but last night the conditions were just so terrible that it just became unsafe. We poured water on our heads, but Al Jourgensen has dreadlocks, so no matter what he did, it was dripping down into his eyes. I think the fan was just crazy. I heard he was yelling things about God, like, "Where is my God?" and this and that. I want to think that everybody out there is really nice, but you never know, there are some loonies out there.

• 2 weeks later...

"Just one Fix" i "Thieves" su mi bili jedina svetla tacka koncerta. Ostalo ravno da ravnije ne moze + zvuk katastrofalan. Sa zaljenjem moram da priznam da je bljutava Pekinska Patka, koja 27 godina instrument u ruke stavila nije, napravila bolju atmosferu i zvucala bolje od jednog benda koji je 30 godina aktivno na sceni. Da ne kazem da su i Pistolse savili. Sramota za Ministry da ne znaju zvuk da nameste, set lista nepromenjena - znaci ista kao ova sa prethodnih strana (samo su neke pesme izbacene). Bas su me razocarali. Ocekivao sam veci profesionalizam od benda takvog kalibra. Ovo je vise delovalo kao sprdnja na stari Ministry. Da nije bilo "Just one Fixa", "Thieves" i Tommy Victora iz Pronga koncert bi bio potpuno ravan do samog kraja. Jedina dobra odlika je po meni odlican vizuelni identitet benda. Muzika i zvuk su im daleko ispod proseka za jedan takav bend.

Steta sto nisam imao prilike da gledam Ministry 1994. kad su bili u najvecoj snazi, ovo je zvucalo isprano i odradjeno.

Da li je neko mozda snimio sa RTS2 koncert? bilo emitovano oko 3 izjutra, ja uhvatio 20 minuta.

Edited by duruman

E pa sada ne znam

Meni je bilo super ;)

Zvuk istina jeste mi se ucinio nekako lose ali posle druge pesme imam utisak da je doslo sve na svoje mesto

Bina i efekti te one resetke su bili zaista vrh-imao sam utisak kao da je sleteo svemirski brod :lol:

Uostalom na YT sam gledao neke klipove i cika Al se manje vise na svakom certu ponasa staticno a takav je bio i sinoc

Ostatak ekipe je bio koliko sam ja video prilicno zivahan a najvise mi je bio upecatljiv onaj na sintisajzeru koje je u raskoraku stajao mirno tokom cele svirke kao neka masina :)

Sto se mene tice-set lista je bila OK,i za ocekivati je da ce svirati vise novih stvari-jbg koliko kod bile dobre ili lose ipak nisu na nivou starih legendi ;)

Jbt sviralu su Thieves,ne mogu da verujem-krivo mi sto se nije nasla na meniju i moja omiljena stvar-Scare crow ali jbg :da:

Snimio sam par klipica sa mobom i pregledao malopre-mogu samo opet da zakljucim da je koncert bio sjajan

P.S. E publika je bila bas penzionerska to me jeste razocaralo a atmosfera je ipak bila na nivou-ja covece ocekivao i sutku i sta ti ja znam-a oni samo stoje kao neke deduskare-jebem ih u usta skrbava :)

Edited by Full_Metal_Yakuza

hah ma bilo je i shutki ovamo napred pri sredini, a uglavnom skakutanje i gubljenje

i meni su falile te sporije - scarecrow, the fall, filth pig, pa i hotrod i neki jos stariji hitovi... jbg ne moze se sve ugurati u onako kratko dogovoreno vreme

ajd ako neko ima nek baci snimak, ili iz publike ili sa rts2 |m/