Deicide

Guest kArLo

Haha,otkazan im koncert u Cileu zbog ovog postera:

user posted image

Pazite ovo:

Ralph Santolla, wearing an IRON MAIDEN t-shirt and running his hands through his hair, sat on an armchair, lit a cigarette, drank a beer and explained that he does not understand what's going on:

"First they told us it was cancelled and then they said it wasn't... I don't understand why this kind of stuff happens," he said.

Could the church have had any influence over the decision to call off the concert?

"Look, I'm Catholic and I'm against Satanism," Santolla is quoted as saying, according to Las Últimas Noticias. "I do understand the church, but I only want to play my guitar and have a good time."

In Chile you're known for inspiring Rodrigo Orias' murder of a priest...

"I don't know why he did what he did, but it certainly wasn't because of our music," Santolla stated. "He was sick in the head or was harboring murderous feelings within himself. It is something terrible; there are many people that should be murdered, but not the priests who are men that dedicate their lives to serving God."

What's your opinion of the promo posters used in Chile?

"That made me really furious," Santolla said. "They do not have the right to do that; they didn't ask us for permission to use that image and we do not have anything to do with it. I would never approve something like that... it's stupid and it's sick. The people who made it are really pretty sick."

Kako li mu je Glen ovo dozvolio?Deicide se pretvara u salu...

Ma daj,Hriscanin u Deicide?Time se Glen posrao na sve sto je radio i pricao svih ovih godina.Nemojte pogresno da me shvatite,nisam neki ekstremista i nemam nista protiv Ralpha,on je super gitarista,ali od nekih ljudi i bendova se neke stvari ne ocekuju...

I sta sad da covek ocekuje od novog albuma?

Jebiga,znaci,Ralph hriscanin opusteno svira u deicide zbog kinte,jebesh verovanja,pravi Amerikanac,nista nije sveto...Koji Glenu bi kurac,to mi nje jasno...

Pa jedino moze da se ocekuje najgori Deicide album....nista drugo icon_da.gif

A turneja ce biti najgora tezga u istoriji death metala icon_da.gif

pukeface.gif

A turneja ce biti najgora tezga u istoriji death metala icon_da.gif

Bas vala tezga, jebes ti ovakav Death Metal bend gde gitarista svira "samo zato sto hoce da se lepo provodi" a protivi se ovakvoj ideologiji. Glen jeste pravio komediju od sebe u proslosti, ali ako ovo precuti, onda je stvarno dno dna.

A number of DEICIDE fans became unruly outside the Teatro Novedades in Santiago, Chile on Wednesday (Feb. 22) after the group's headlining performance at the venue started a half hour earlier than scheduled, according to Las Últimas Noticias. The band played for just an hour and left the stage after performing two brief encores. "We wanted to play for you guys yesterday. We'll make it up to you next time," vocalist/bassist Glen Benton said from the stage, refering to the cancelled show in Valparaiso on Tuesday.

According to Las Últimas Noticias, most of the DEICIDE fans arrived late at the venue since they believed that the show would begin at 9:00 p.m., as the promotional posters indicated. Instead, the concert kicked off at 8:30 p.m., resulting in several fights/incidents when fans tried to force their way inside the venue. Members of the Chilean Special Forces cleared the place and no one was arrested.

Jebem ih u logiku

Ne...trebali su da se razidju posle In torment albuma...Scars je definitivno najlosiji Deicide album icon_da.gif

jeste li culi za incident u Buenos Airesu na koncertu roling stonsa??? masa je htela da udje na stadion za dzabe!!! ej bre!!! juzna amerika je totalno luda...usudjujem se reci cak su ludji i od Srbije icon_smile.gif

Ovo je dobro,umro sam od smeja.

Decibel: Has it been weird writing songs without the Hoffman brothers [Eric and Brian, former DEICIDE guitarists]?

Benton: "It's been the fucking greatest thing in the world. Those two are a couple of idiots, man. I hate Eric and Brian Hoffman more than anything in this world, and I will not rest until I put shit straight with the fans. Up 'til now, everybody thinks I kicked them out of the band, but nobody kicked anybody out. They quit on their own, and I wanna set the record straight in regard to those two fuckin' pricks."

Decibel: What happened exactly?

Benton: "It's real simple: Eric Hoffman has a fucking steroid problem, and he's bi-polar. Brian married some young broad who's running his life for him. What initially happened is that when our publishing deal ended with Roadrunner, and our new deal started with Earache, we put them on notice that our publishing was no longer gonan be split four ways — it's gonna be based on who writes what. That's the industry standard. Brian writes one song for the album, Eric writes two songs and they wanna get paid for all the songs Steve [Asheim, drums] wrote. That's not fuckin' fair. And I wrote all the lyrics, so I'm entitled to 50% of the publishing. Why should I give those two money? They've been losing thousands of dollars for me and Steve for ten years now. If it was one of those things where they showed up and did their jobs, we wouldn't have a fucking problem. That's why the deal we signed [with Roadrunner] in '90 was set up like that. Back then, everybody wrote and contributed and it was a fuckin' group effort. But now me and Steve are the Lennon and McCartney of the band, doing all the writing, and those two wanna get paid for our hard work. Fuck that."

Decibel: So they quit?

Benton: "When they got their first publishing checks and didn't get paid for all the songs me and Steve wrote, they fucking quit. And now we gotta deal with Eric threatening Steve, driving to his house and screaming outside his window at 10:30 at night, making threatening phone calls, talking shit on Blabbermouth about Steve's dad dying, and all this other bullshit. Eric knows better than to come over here, though — he knows I shoot first and ask questions later."

Decibel: Didn't he get busted for steroids?

Benton: Yeah, Eric got busted, and when it happened, he put the drugs in his brother's bag and then his brother got busted. [Laughs]"

Decibel: Amazing.

Benton: "Yeah, they're real nice guys. We're in the process of suing them right now — for slander and everything else, dude. They're going around telling people I'm addicted to methamphetamine. You know what? Who hasn't experimented with a few things in their life? Big deal. So what if I experimented? They did, too! But, look, I don't even drink anymore, man. I mean, I'll have a Heineken every once in a while, but I was drinking a bottle of Jack Daniel's every night before I went onstage and another bottle while I was playing. That starts catching up with you real quick, and I started going blind in my right eye. So after a nice scare at the doctor's office about four years ago, I stopped."

Decibel: Aren't the Hoffmans suing you for the rights to the band name?

Benton: "They can't do a goddamned thing to me, dude. I own the fucking name. They went behind my back and filed on my trademark, so I'm in the process of suing them to get their names off it. And I will win. They abandoned their jobs, and now they wanna come back. Well, there's no coming back, man. Sorry. It's a better band now because they're gone. They're just a couple of losers, and they rode on me and Steve's coattails for all these years."

• 3 weeks later...

Evo,da se opet malo ismejemo...

According to the official Hellfest web site, DEICIDE have been dropped from this year's French festival bill due to circumstances very much out of their control. It seems that the events organizers got the jitters and bowed to local government pressure to have Glen Benton's satanic death metal outfit removed from the ironically named Hellfest after graves were desecrated in Nantes, France.

Here is the official Hellfest statement about DEICIDE:

"Because of what went on in Brittany during the last few months and this cemetery profanation, we must cancel the band DEICIDE to be sure not to have any problems regarding the festival. We are looking for a band that can replace them and we'll keep you informed very quickly."

Commented Sven Letourneur, joint editor-in-chief of France's Hard Rock magazine: "In fact, I read about it in the news, a few idiots, probably kids, profanated a cemetery near Nantes and wrote 'When Satan Rules His World' on one of the tombs... The authorities found that it was a DEICIDE song title, so news went out in the media, etc”.

Le Telegramme newspaper ran with a front-page story in its February 11 edition with the headline "Sur La Piste Des Satanistes" (On the track of the Satanists) containing this excerpt: "'When Satan Rules His World' is the exact title of a song from an American death metal band, an extreme music style that comes from hard rock, that appeared in the '80s and with lyrics that deal about everything that's morbid and gore. Name of the band: DEICIDE. Quite explicit...