Aborted

Morphy

• 4 weeks later...

Ovaj novi EP razvaljuje, Bog ga jeb'o. Aborted je definitivno jedan od najboljih death metal bendova trenutno, a što je najbolje, ne libe se da se ponekad i poigraju sa svojim zvukom. Na Strychnine-u je bilo nekih baš interesantnih momenata...

• 1 year later...

I guess initial reports that Belgian death metal act Aborted would start recording in January were wrong. Instead, the band will begin recording its seventh full-length record from June onwards at the infamous Hansen Studios with producer Jacob Hansen (Hatesphere, Volbeat).

The band will be tracking over 15 tracks of the most brutal and intense material they have written to date; the album will be called Global Flatline. The final record will contain 12 songs.

This year marks the ten year anniversary of Aborted’s Engineering The Dead so the band decided to re-record two tracks off the album as part of the bonus material for Global Flatline

Said frontman Sven de Caluwé: “We are thrilled to be finally recording Global Flatline and have the material out there. It is exciting in many ways, one being that this might be one of the most important records in Aborted’s career.”

You don’t say. “We really took our time in composing the most heavy and uncompromising material the band has written to date. Some of the material is faster than ever, some of the material is slower than ever, some old school and some new school, inspired by all eras of Aborted, yet still sounding unique on its own. Writing this record definitely took us back to the roots of why we started playing this kind of music in the first place, the passion and adrenaline you get from playing extreme metal.”

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Belgian death metalers ABORTED will release their seventh studio album, "Global Flatline", on January 24, 2012 (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media Records. The CD was recorded, mixed, and mastered by the Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, PESTILENCE, HATESPHERE) at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark. The artwork was once again created by Justin Osbourn from Slasher Design.

"Global Flatline" track listing:

01. Omega Mortis

02. Global Flatline

03. The Origin Of Disease

04. Coronary Reconstruction

05. Fecal Forgery

06. Of Scabs And Boils

07. Vermicular, Obscene, Obese

08. Expurgation Euphoria

09. From A Tepid Whiff

10. The Kallinger Theory

11. Our Father, Who Art Of Feces

12. Grime

13. Endstille

A trailer for "Global Flatline" can be seen below.

The regular jewel-case edition of "Global Flatline" will include 12 tracks while the limited-edition digipack will have 14 tracks.

"Global Flatline" features several guest vocalists, such as Trevor Strnad (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER), Julien Truchan (BENIGHTED), Jason Netherton (MISERY INDEX), and Keiijo Niinima (ROTTEN SOUND). Their comments follow below.

Trevor Strnad: "It's a pleasure to offer my vocals to Sven and the guys... The new material is fucking sick and I'm glad they would let me be a small part of it. Cheers to the masters of gore, ABORTED!"

Julien Truchan: "I'm so honored to be a part of ABORTED's new baby! So far, what I heard sounds absolutely devastating, sick and furious. Their best album for sure!"

Jason Netherton: "When I got the track for the guest vocals, we loaded the files up and immediately our ears melted! A face-ripping, next-level entry for a new decade of death metal-it was a sheer pleasure to contribute some screams, and I am completely stoked to hear the entire album as soon as it drops!"

A video for the track "The Origin Of Disease" was shot in the U.K. this summer with director Phil Berridge (CEREBRAL BORE).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzO6MbhT4C0

Edited by Talvi

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...