Avantasia

• 3 weeks later...

Usled neopisive dosade u jbnoj trecoj smeni,resih da se po 385.put pohvalim kako JA IMAM Gold Edition Metal opere :) Salim se...evo vam neki od Tobiasovih komentara na pesme sa Avantasie 1 i 2...naravno samo delovi...da ne prekucavam bas sve :D

1.Reach out for the light

To this day it is one of my favourite up-tempo tracks in this kind of music(vrlo skromno,nema sta) :) It is clearly influenced by early Helloween,but I believe that it's one of the few attempts to recreate the Helloween spirit that sounds authentic...at one point in the production Michael Kiske made a funny comment,when I asked him if it was difficult for him to sing like that on my record.He just said:"No,not at all.I've sung all these songs ten years ago already.''

2.Serpents in paradise-jedan od najboljih

I remember that we had sent out the playbacks to David Defeis who was singing the monk or whatever.Now,of course,I've never met a monk of the early 17th century in real life,but I'd expect him to sound different than what David finally came up with.There were all these weird high pitched ''ooooohs'' and ''ahhhhs'' and Eric-Adams screams.Norman,the co-producer was really confused and wondered what kind of dope a monk have to be on to roam the streets of a medieval town sounding like that.But we had great fun with David breaking out of the given frame and the result was unique and very good.But to this day I do not believe that monks in the 17th century would have sounded like David did here.On the other hand,I don't think that Satan has a Scandinavian accent either! :):):):):)

3.Inside

''Inside,so deep inside...'',that sounds weird,doesn't it,haha?

4.Sign of the cross

Ok,nowadays I tend to smile when I listen to the keyboards sounds and some pathetic elements in there,but the overall vibe of the song still amazes me.We sent the song to Kai Hansen so he could record his parts in his own studio.When we got this recording to put it in the mix,he told me that he had some problems because he thought it was so high and so fast.After he had recorded a couple of attempts he realized that even my guide vocals(which were suposed to give him idea what I wanted him to sing)sounded a bit like Mickey Mouse.It turned out he was recording with a different sampling rate.In other words:It's like if you just fast forward a tape while you still listen to it.And it's not so much faster that you immediatelly hear it,it just sounds odd.But the diffrence is quite big enough to cause the trouble.Later on he told me that after a while he and Dirk Schlachter were wondering seriously if Tobi has always had this Mickey Mouse style of voice,haha. Well...Kai...:)

5.No return

...by the way,in the chorus the word spirit sounds like ''spare-rib''...That's what the engineer Norman Meiritz told me all the time.

The tower i Seven angels su mu medju omiljenima,a misli da su Neverland,Chalice of agony i Memory najlosije,tj.dobre su ali dobro nije dovoljno za Avantasiu...

Avantasia

I really like this song.It's very simple and effective.It's the kind of song that you van sing along to even if you listen to it for the first time.Henjo's lead guitar work is superb,the solo reminds me of the solo in Europe's Final Countdown.When we play this song with Edguy everybody in the audience goes nuts,so it works quite well as a single song.

The final sacrifice

It's the heaviest song on both Avantasia works.I like it,I am very proud of my vocal performance.Jens Ludwig played the lead guitar on this one and it was chosen for best solo 2002 by Spanish Kerrang magazine.We didn't deserve that.It was recorded in 2001,not 2002...:)))

Dobices na uvid...jednog dana kad i one slike... :) Ipak moram nekako da ti napakostim za to tvoje slikanje sa Tobiasom :razz:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ma meni je nesto sranje

nisi dovoljno slusao

a osecam da si preslusao jednom i rekao aj bezi :)

tako je i meni bilo prvi put ali posle kada mi je doslo da slusam bas mi lepo leglo :D

auuufff, kad bi samo dosli na exit... mada ko zna, mozda nekad dodju i u SKC :) zajedno sa edguy-em.

btw. da li je ime Edguy neka parodija na maskotu Maidena?

Avantasia radi samo festivale tako da dzabe od SKC-a

Prva dva albuma su čista umetnost, nema jedne sekunde koja ne valja, impresioniran sam tim remek delima! Scarecrow mi je u početku bio bzvz jer sam ja očekivao neku vrstu nastavka metal opere iako sam znao da je ta priča ispričana na prva dva albuma, ali sam se nadao da će stil ostati isti, što nije bio slučaj, pa sam se tu razočarao, ali mi je posle par slušanja postao ok, s tim što ja to posmatram kao nešto što je sasvim van Avantasia-e...