Marilyn Manson

E hvala... sad cu da je skinem!

Nego u ovom textu ima par zanimljivih stvari za procitati (vezane sa novi album):

BACKSTAGE ON THE NEW MANSON VIDEO

A new user in the Heirophant community Lauranna has talked about the new video which Marilyn Manson has been working on, this is her backstage account on making the new video.

"To best desribe the LYRICS of this tune, rather than the song, I'd say it was kind of emoish, however musically, he sings more than anything and the lyrics were like "if you break my heart, I'll break your heart shaped glasses" and "she was the one I used to see in school, all dressed in white" or something like that....

The beat was even kind of dancey, I'm not sure if old fans will like it, but I liked it, and I wasn't a huge MM fan (huge NIN fan actually).

Thats my take on it, emoish for Marilyn Manson, mind you, not emoish for like, the Get Up Kids. Don't be upset if its not what you are expecting it to be. The sound was creative for sure, but it was not like old Manson stuff.

Vocals wise it wasn't raspy, really, that's what was different, and I liked it better, since the raspy shit used to piss me off. And like I said, I was really into NIN and Tori Amos and crap like that in the 90's.

Some of the goth chicks were listening to it, and were like "If thats the new stuff then I don't like it." I don't understand, is the possibility of Manson sounding different this time around, (after he was supposedly in retirement) just something you can't accept?

So like I say he sings about getting his heart broken and heart shaped glasses, and Evan is wearing these lolita glasses in the video, the scene we were in was red (so we weren't allowed to wear any red)... and well, something else that is totally emo, but I can't say since I really don't want to give anymore away.

It really didn't sound like anything MM... I'm not going to lie, the beat reminded me of head automatica, but like, not the music, it was still like, deep, industrial sounding.. Mansons vocals are more like say Trent Reznor's instead... and thats a good thing. He deserves recognition as an artist, not just that guy that was into "devil music"but it still had a MM sound... it was just different, but I really liked it, so I'm not saying it was bad. Just some of the goth MM fans weren't into it, but they were lame, so who cares what they think.

But overall, and to clarify, I can't say too much seeing as its been two weeks since I heard the song to properly describe it, and I'm not a big enough fan to be able to compare it anyway.

I say "emo" more in relation to the LYRICS, which from what Phant users tell me is not necessarily a new thing with Manson, but the singing itself was less raspy vocals, more emotion is put into it, thus, more emo, its not like manson suddenly started wearing tight pants and hoodies... (this is funny, imagine him with the makeup in a bright green hoodie.. hahhahahah).

Regardless of the sound, and pertaining to the actual video shoot however, I was right in front in the video too, next to all the nudes, actually directly behind Evan.

They even lubed me up with baby oil gel (gel?!?! I didn't know this existed!) and sprayed me with water so we'd look "glistening"...

Suicide Girls didn't "take over" the topless scene, or the video shoot... on the right of Evan was the SG's, and on the left was the God Girls (www.godsgirls.com, its where a bunch of SG's left to, and where the photography is done by professionals, + they have makeup artists for the girls, and the models are smoking hot).

The SG's and GG's got along well, it was the lame hollywood types who were there bitching and moaning about everything.

I thought it was an honor to do the video, I was really kinda irritated that so many of the girls were acting like they were too cool for the video, I was like, bitches, you should be honored, so many people would for KILL for this chance. I was going to the bathroom, and I saw manson out of the dressing room, and I peed really fast and ran out so I could say hi and I got to shake his hand (he had a good handshake).. he was really shy and quiet when i met him.

When it came time to do the video he was the one directing it for the most part when we started shooting, he was really funny and dedicated (he was drinking by this time, so he was much more outgoing than when I met him) and wanted to make sure each scene was exactly how he wanted it. I was watching the monitors when they were shooting, and it looked really cool. Evan's outfit was amazing, I was right behind her the whole time, it was meant to contrast with us, who Manson described as girls who "didn't wash their pussies for two weeks." haha, I was dressed a little more classy than some of the other girls....

I also realise a lot of Manson fans will be interested to find out about the new guitarist... Well there was someone new, and he was um, I'd describe him as the cute one, but I don't know his name. ?

Anyway, thats pretty much all I can tell you guys, and to finish I should say that Manson was really amazing to work with, most artists these days let record companies mold them, it was like, through Manson's career he molded a whole generation of people. We were being loud, and the director was a short angry man, who kept telling 40 girls to shut up, he says to us exasperated "Will you please shut up? For the love of god!" And Manson replies "Nobody loves God!"

"Heart Shaped Glasses"... auh... pa dobra je pesma, meni se dopada iako ju je kompresija prilicno unistila.

Ali je bas cudna... cudna za Mansona izgleda da na novom albumu mozemo ocekivati potupno drugacijeg Mansona.

Sa druge strane pesma mi je vise za Franz Ferdinand nego za MM ali dobro je i u ovoj varijanti. :da:

Sad mi jos teze pada cekanje albuma! Damn! :udri:

Dok se ne pojavi novi Marilyn Manson neko od vas moze da uziva uz novi John 5 solo.

Meni je skroz dobar i apsolutno mi je jasno zasto je izasao iz benda samo mi je krivo sto se bas i nije usrecio u Rob Zombie. :(

Elem...

john5thedevilknowsmynamxf0.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7TACCGK.

Edited by Sinstrel

Najbolje?! :)

Gledam na mansonusa forumu svi su odusevljeni pesmom. Kao, najbolja Mansonova pesma... :huh: ...pitam se samo koliko dugo ti slusaju Mansona kad im je ova pesma najbolja. :)

Ono sto primecujem je to da i na Heart Shapped Glasses i na ovoj vampirskoj Manson jako lose peva i kvari pesmu. Mozda ova pesma i ne bi bila toliko losa da je Manson bio malo mastovitiji. Jako monotono/ravno peva, bash smera. I sad mi nije nista jasno jer sam po press najavama citao kako mu je glas jako melodican i da bash emotivno peva na ovom albumu. Ova pesma je dokaz da se Manson bacio na emo. :)

Na Heirophantu ima mnogo ljudi koji slusaju Mansona jos od 93/4...Ja ga licno slusam od 2000. i ne mislim da je owo najbolja njegowa pesma ALI se slazem da je weoma dobra, cak sta wise odlicna za uwodnu pesmu. Jako je mracna, emotiwna ( ali ne EMO u wazonu u kom hoces da ga prikazesh ;) )

Ne znam... trudim se da mi se dopadne ali mi ne ide. Jednostavno pesma mi je dosadna iako se vidi napredak u samom muziciranju, sveza krv u bendu radi svoje ali mi se cini da je Manson ostao bez ideja.

Mozda previse ocekujem od novog albuma pa mi je ova pesma sranje jer ocekujem ne znam ni ja sta.

Provali samo refren... bukvalno pricha nista ne peva (ustvari kroz celu pesmu vise prica nego sto peva, hip-emo-hop?!).

I mislim da je suvise prepotentna bila njegova prognoza da ce ova pesma biti nova goth himna koja ce smeniti "Bella Lugosi's Dead" (za koju takodje smatram da je sranje).

sto kaze cartmanja odbijam da slusam ista pre nego sto izadje album!

jer ovo utice pomalo na ocenu pesama, jer kada izbaci singl to je verovatno zatos to se njemu pesma nekako vise svidja i izdvaja od ostalih, sto hoce da kaze da je bolja. Ja protestujem i cekam album da kupim original i ga da preslusam bez predrasuda! :mrgreen: Hmm i sada prvi put vidim ove golden arches...

Bella Lugosi's dead je samo paljenicka i paljevinski bas ima! drugo nista vise! :)

a i naziv 'if i was your vampire' mi je skroz idiotski! :) :)

sto kaze Cartman: "LAME!"

Edited by GothicWraith

Ta slichka stoji na myspace ali nisam bas skontao da je to omot. Ako jeste onda je mnogo glup. Jbte na kraju ce mi ovaj novi album biti razocarenje godine a ocekivao sam bas suprotno! Ok jos je rano za konacan sud ali... :mrtav:

edit:

Cover koji sam postavio na pocetku ove strane je i bolje uradjen i originalniji nego ovaj. :da:

Edited by Sinstrel
sta te boli koji moj!