Type O Negative

Nik

Despite a message on the band's official web site that seems to suggest otherwise, TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele HAS NOT DIED.

The band, who are famous for their dark sense of humor, have spent much of the last few months preparing material for their SPV Records debut, which is expected to be recorded later in the year.

TYPE O NEGATIVE cancelled their U.S. tour last fall in order to allow Steele to undergo further tests after "undisclosed anomalies" were discovered during a medical exam. A February 11, 2005 update on Peter's condition from TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly stated, "There really isn't much to report other than he's doing fine and his health is improving daily."

TYPE O NEGATIVE, whose first album, "Slow, Deep and Hard", was issued in 1991, fulfilled their contractual obligations to longtime label Roadrunner with the release of 2003's "Life Is Killing Me". That album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at No. 39 in June 2003 after registering a first-week sales tally of 27,023 copies. TYPE O NEGATIVE's best-selling album to date is 1994's "Bloody Kisses", which has shifted nearly a million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

link:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=36711

Is TYPE O NEGATIVE's Peter Steele Dead???

Added Saturday, May 14

Added By: Lord of the Wasteland

Rumors have been flying around tonight about something that appears on Type O Negative's official Web site at http://www.typeonegative.net. The site is currently being bombarded with hits so it's really slow, but if you do manage to get the page to load, this is what you'd see:

Click here - http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/sub...eteDied2005.jpg

What does it mean? We're not sure, and nobody else knows either. We've scoured the Web looking for any further details, but can't find a thing.

We figured if anyone had an official announcement, it would be Blabbermouth.net, based on their official relationship with Roadrunner Records (which has Type O Negative on their roster). But as of now... nothing.

There were some unsubstantiated rumors flying around that Peter Steele had been sick for awhile, so there may be a correlation. Then again, today is Friday the 13th, so perhaps it's a prank? One can only speculate.

We do know that TypeONegative.net was in the process of moving Web servers. And for the past week or so, all you could see at that address was a page with rainbows and unicorns and teddy bears and other shit. (This was confirmed by a post made at Type O Negative's page on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/typeonegative) This is what it looked like:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/sub...OHappyStuff.jpg

That looks like something bastard boy floyd might have hanging in his bedroom! We're not saying he does, but you never know with floyd.

All kidding aside, we hope that it's only a publicity stunt, but if something really happened to Peter Steele, we'll let you know as soon as we find out and can confirm details.

Metal Sludge

Sludging You Was Like Sludging the Dead

Source: http://www.metalsludge.tv

Huh dobro je... nije icon_mrtav.gif !

Bas sam se prepao... icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

Looks like the rampant rumors suggesting that Peter Steele croaked yesterday were exactly that: rampant rumors. Blabbermouth.net posted the following today:

TYPE O NEGATIVE's PETER STEELE Is Not Dead - May 14, 2005

Despite a message on the band's official web site that seems to suggest otherwise, TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele HAS NOT DIED.

The band, who are famous for their dark sense of humor, have spent much of the last few months preparing material for their SPV Records debut, which is expected to be recorded later in the year.

TYPE O NEGATIVE cancelled their U.S. tour last fall in order to allow Steele to undergo further tests after "undisclosed anomalies" were discovered during a medical exam. A February 11, 2005 update on Peter's condition from TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly stated, "There really isn't much to report other than he's doing fine and his health is improving daily."

TYPE O NEGATIVE, whose first album, "Slow, Deep and Hard", was issued in 1991, fulfilled their contractual obligations to longtime label Roadrunner with the release of 2003's "Life Is Killing Me". That album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at No. 39 in June 2003 after registering a first-week sales tally of 27,023 copies. TYPE O NEGATIVE's best-selling album to date is 1994's "Bloody Kisses", which has shifted nearly a million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Well, we suppose that’s good to know. Though not everyone took the news so lightly.

In fact, our own Donna Anderson was a little upset about all this. Here’s what she had to say about it:

Today was fucked up to begin with: I woke up in a Chevron bathroom missing a pair of my favorite "fuck me" heels and a fake eyelash, only to hear the news that Pete Steele might have bit the big one. I’ve got no problems admitting that I’m a Type O fan, so of course I was concerned.

By the time I bummed enough cab fare to get back to a computer today, I found out it all seemed to be some kind of morbid publicity stunt. What the Sam fuck?!

Stage a band fight if you want publicity. Or say someone went into rehab, checked into a mental facility, teabagged a security guy's head, or hit a fan with a bottle. You don’t have to say someone died! Think about your fans. People were fucked up all morning about this (well, a few of us anyway) and you never know how people will react. Some people were obviously bummed, and a few people might have even gone off the deep end.

Look at what happened when Kurt Cobain died! What if someone flipped out and blew their brains out thinking that Peter bought the fucking farm? You gotta keep your crazy fans in mind when you do this kind of shit.

I just think it sucks big hairy dick that they had to resort to a desperate fucked way to get attention. And to any Type O fans offended by this… Fuck you in advance too.

I’m out like a lame publicity stunt.

Lustfully Yours,

Donna Anderson

Well, that was nice of Donna to chime in!

We did hear a few comments that Friday the 13th is to Type O Negative fans what April 1st is to everybody else in the world. Well, if people didn’t know that, they obviously didn’t get the joke. And we just don’t care either way. We just report this crap.

I woke up today when my mother was calling my cell phone. My stepsister got rushed into hospital after a suicide attempt. She will most probably survive, luckily. She is/was a huge Type O Negative fan. I do not know yet if she heard/saw the news and tried to end her life because of that STUPID JOKE of the band or if it was just a coincidence that she tried to suicide at the same day this "joke" was announced.... I doubt the latter one, though.

Type O Negative, THINK WITH YOUR BRAINS. If my stepsister would've succeeded on her attempt, would you be more happier with your "joke"??? Think about it, morons! Yes, I know it isn't your fault she is a huge fan(atic) but still, playing JOKES with someone's DEATH is just simply too much!!! You NEVER thought someone would believe what the OFFICIAL web page seemed to inform???

I woke up today when my mother was calling my cell phone. My stepsister got rushed into hospital after a suicide attempt. She will most probably survive, luckily. She is/was a huge Type O Negative fan. I do not know yet if she heard/saw the news and tried to end her life because of that STUPID JOKE of the band or if it was just a coincidence that she tried to suicide at the same day this "joke" was announced.... I doubt the latter one, though.

Type O Negative, THINK WITH YOUR BRAINS. If my stepsister would've succeeded on her attempt, would you be more happier with your "joke"??? Think about it, morons! Yes, I know it isn't your fault she is a huge fan(atic) but still, playing JOKES with someone's DEATH is just simply too much!!! You NEVER thought someone would believe what the OFFICIAL web page seemed to inform???

It's not their fault,they just do what they want to do,and her life is not their responsibility,nor guilt is !!

Too bad for her,but it's obviously her fault.

That reminds me on 'Baywatch",when Mich wasn't lucky enough to save a little boy,so his parents act like Mich was a murderer.

Ok,guy is a Jerk,but not a persont to blame for someone elses responsability,right?

So if my brother drink all my beer, I should kill myself?

Oh,no!

I'll beat him to despair,and I'm serious,though!

So,go on,little woman,go and kill the bastards !!

Yes in deed mrred.gif

Edited by Klokan

• 2 weeks later...
Meni bas dobro, vrtim nekih par pesama vec par dana i uzivam... spot za "Christian Woman" je pravo jebacki. mhihi.gif

Ne znam... mislim da mi je omiljeni spot za 'Devojku moje devojke' zbog one 2 male lujke.. a mozda black no1 (cak, shta vishe, za taj bi se pre odlucila) .. Samo ne volim da gledam snimke sa njihovih koncerata, ono pljuvanje sa bine... Kad to vidite, niste sigurni koliko zelite da ih (izbliza) vidite uzivo icon_rolleyes.gif ... mada ne bi imala nishta protiv jedne VIP seanse sa Pericom mhihi.gif

• 3 weeks later...