AC/DC

Konacno i ovo...

"Back In Black" released as DualDisc - 3/04/04

"Back In Black" is among the first titles released on the new format DualDisc developed by Epic/Sony Music. Issued on January 13th, the disc contains one side with regular CD Audio (Sampled at 44kHz) of the album, and the reverse side is a DVD layer with a 23 minute video documentary on the album, plus the Audio of the entire album in superior 48kHz sound. The documentary, similar to the "Ultimate Albums - Back In Black" shown on VH1 last year, features some footage not included in the original program, with Malcolm and Angus playing bits of the album tracks, and interviews with all the band members. The format is currently being test-marketed, and only available at retail in Boston and Seattle. It is not available at various internet music stores.

Sto se tice prije pomenutog School Of Rock-a mogu da kazem da je film solidan sto se muzicke strane tice, a prica je manje-viise tu - nije nesto, moze da se pogleda al je muzika fenomenalna, inace od nasega AC/DC-a tu su 4 pjesme, dakle Jack Black prvo kratko svira rif iz Highway To Hell, onda u pozadini kasnije ide skoro cijela Back In Black, pa je tu i par stihova iz For Those About To Rock, i zavrsava se svirkom kompletne Its A Long WAy To The Top...

U filmu je zastupljeno jos dosta velikih rock bendova (Zeppelini, Parpl, Sabbath...) ali najvise je tu AC/DC cisto da se zna ko je najbolji!

Ne kontam zašto ne mogu izmijeniti svoj post, pošto bih samo da dodam zanimljivost...

02 Apr 2004 Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has gone on record with his own personal epitaph to Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain on the eve of the 10th anniversary of his passing.

Speaking to NME.com Lars said:

"In 1991 there was a kind of shift in rock music in America - it was shifting away from all the hair bands in L.A. And with Kurt Cobain you felt you were connecting to the real person, not to a perception of who he was - you were not connecting to an image or a manufactured cut-out. You felt that between you and him there was nothing - it was heart-to-heart. There are very few people who have that ability.

"I never met him but our guitarist Kirk Hammett had a relationship with him. We were doing this tour with Guns N' Roses in the US in 1992 and we wanted Nirvana to come out and join us. Kirk asked Kurt, but while Cobain said he would play with Metallica anywhere in the world, at any time, on any stage, he would not step up on the same stage as GN'R - obviously he felt that Axl was the antithesis to what he was.

"As I said, I never met Kurt, and he's probably the only guy in rock'n'roll that I have never met that I really wanted to - other than Bon Scott maybe. What a sad thing we can't hear the fourth Nirvana album. It would have been so great to be able to see how that would have evolved."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AC/DC Street -- AC/DC might soon have a street named after them in Melbourne. Officials are considering turning Corporation Lane in the city into AC/DC Lane, to honour the achievements of the band who first found fame in Melbourne.

Posted by Malcolm Dome on Wednesday, June 9 2004

TO JEBEM TI !!!

user posted image

http://www.crabsodyinblue.com/acdclatestnews.htm

In a list featured in the July 2004 issue of the UK Rock magazine "Classic Rock", Bon Scott was listed as no. 1 in a list of the 100 greatest frontmen.

The magazine also features an article on AC/DC from 1976

Top 10 greatest frontmen were listed as.

1. Bon Scott (AC/DC)

2. Freddie Mercury (Queen)

3. Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)

4. Dave Lee Roth (Van Halen)

5. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)

6. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)

7. Axl Rose (Guns n Roses)

8. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

9. Roger Daltrey (The Who)

10. Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)

other notable frontmen listed were 11. Jim morrison (Doors) , 16 Alex Harvey (SAHB) , 25 Janis Joplin , 32 Brian Johnson (AC/DC) , 70 Dan McCafferty (Nazareth) , 81 Maggie Bell (Stone the Crows) , 83 Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo)

• 3 weeks later...