Slipknot

Guest kArLo

Sa sajta benda:

THEFT FROM PAUL'S GRAVE

In a very upsetting turn of events we have learned that some gifts left for Paul at his grave site have been stolen. There were statues of a gargoyle as well as a Buddah that were placed at Paul’s grave by his friends and family that were taken. We ask that whoever did this please return the items no questions asked. If anyone has any information about the stolen items please let us know by posting in the comments. Thank you for your continued support in this trying time.

• 4 weeks later...

Slipknot has no plans to replace bassist on stage

Even with Slipknot adjuncts such as Stone Sour tooling around the country, the group is at work on its next album -- and first project since the shocking May death of bassist Paul Gray.

"It's already in motion," drummer Joey Jordison, who has canceled his band Murderdolls' Violent Night, Deadly Night tour slated to begin Dec. 3 due to "an unforeseeable family emergency," tells Billboard.com. "It's definitely exciting. It's a little emotional, of course, but I think it's going to be really, really cool and I think it's gonna be a really, really great record because everyone's really involved in the process."

Jordison says he and the group's other members are demoing material for the follow-up to 2008's "All Hope is Gone," and though no firm timetable has been established he expects Slipknot to united in studio during the first half of 2011. "It's going to be a little interesting," he acknowledges, "but I think it's gonna be a healing process for all of us. Slipknot is not going anywhere. We're a family, and losing a family member sucks. You can't help that, but you need to move on, and I think that what we're gonna do might be the most powerful thing that we've ever created."

Jordison says Slipknot will remain an octet, with no replacement for Gray. On stage, however, "we'll have a bass player that's right next to me, to the right behind the stage, to lock in with me. But there's no one right now who will go on stage."

sa Corey-evog tvitera:

"Before anyone gets the wrong idea, let me be clear. I have NO PLANS to make a new Slipknot album any time soon. Shows? Maybe. Album? No."

"As for Joey's comments, he took that on himself to say that in print. I can think of 5 people in this band who haven't written/heard a thing"

• 2 weeks later...

Slipknot's Sid Wilson announces new solo album

Slipknot DJ Sid Wilson (#0, DJ Starscream) has just completed writing, producing, and engineering his first solo record, self-titled "SID". The album, mixed by industry legends Ross Robinson (Korn, Slipknot), and Tobias Lindell (Europe, Mustache) and mastered by Chris Gehringer (Cee-Lo Green, Drake, Rihanna), is Wilson's first time on lead vocals and sees him taking a departure from his usual role as DJ both in Slipknot and as DJ Starscream.

The announcement came on Channel Zero, a weekly Internet show hosted by Wilson and streamed live on www.breal.tv , a web TV site fronted by Cypress Hill’s B Real.

In an exclusive interview with www.thegauntlet.com in July, it was reported that Wilson's forthcoming album was to feature a song he had written for former Slipknot bassist Paul Gray, “about five or six years ago,” entitled “Flat Lace.” The album is to feature this and twelve other songs, with two singles currently decided upon.

With Sid's partial up bringing in England he was largely exposed to the UK sound. The record fuses Wilson’s hip hop, punk rock, pop, reggae, and jungle influences along with his twelve year career in Slipknot, creating a dark and grimey blend of music, some of which he has called ‘The Miami Vice Sound Crack’. "SID" is expected to drop sometime in the coming Christmas to New Year period.

Industry listening parties are currently being organized.

Tracks from the solo record can be previewed online at Wilson’s myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/sidthe3rd

• 2 months later...

For SLIPKNOT's upcoming shows in 2011, the band has asked Donnie Steele to fill in for Paul Gray on bass.

Donnie was the original guitar player in SLIPKNOT and had actually reconnected with Paul in recent years.

Donnie was great friends with Paul and we can't think of a better way to celebrate his memory than with someone who was there with us at the very beginning. The eight of us are looking forward to being onstage again and honoring Paul's legacy with our families in Europe and Brazil this summer."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...