Therion

Kakashi

Swedish metallers THERION have issued the following update:

"From Wacken Open Air [in early August] and onwards, Mats Levén (KRUX) will no longer be singing with the band. It was a decision taken by the whole band in discussion with Mats. This change of lineup is on friendly terms and the remaining shows before Wacken will be performed with the same energy and passion as if nothing had happened. There are no bad feelings. THERION will continue to develop even further into the direction we set on the last tour and Mats will focus on his new projects.

"Every time there was a change in the THERION lineup, it caused a lot of discussions. Some will always prefer the previous line-up because for some reason or another. Those who was with us back then probably remember the discussions after Martina, Anders 'the bald guy' Engberg etc. Some fans fell in love with the high-energy vitamin injection that Mats gave to the band, while others thought he was too much rock 'n' roll for THERION (which by the way was totally our intention when engaging him for the 'Lemuria'/'Sirius B' tour). Without a doubt though, it is clear that a majority will think back of the period with Mats on stage with a huge smile. Each stage in THERION's development has had its own unique charm and strengths and it is therefore a good thing when people are missed, but the good part is that it does not mean one has to be disappointed with the next step.

"And the part you all have been waiting for... The new guy will be Thomas Vikström, a singer who has been singing both opera, operettas and musicals as well as rock, metal and loads of other stuff. He is probably most known in the metal world for singing on a CANDLEMASS album ('Chapter VI' — which is actually far from his best effort). Here in Sweden he is also know for the melodic hard rock band TALK OF THE TOWN. His great vocal abilities will for sure be more known at least among the THERION fans after the tour."

AAAA LEBA TI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THOMAS VIKSTROM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MORA IH NAGOVORIM DA SVIRAJU JULIE LAUGH NO MORE !!!! Jes da nije njina pesma al nema veze :)aahhaha

Mats > Tomas

Meni je Mats medju najboljim pevacima u metalu. Sveukupno. Tomas je just ok pevac. Ali dobro...e eeee eeee..u kurac..tek sad mi zao sto ne gleda Theriona...moram da prestanem sa time. Nadam se da ce Leven da se zaokupira u nekom dobrom bendu dalje...

Swedish vocalist Mats Levén (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, THERION, KRUX, TREAT, AT VANCE) has commented on his decision to leave THERION prior to the band's appearance at this year's Wacken Open Air festival in early August. His replacement in the group will be Thomas Vikström, who is best known to metal fans as the voice behind CANDLEMASS' "Chapter VI" album (1992).

Said Levén: "Yep, now it's official that I won't play anymore with THERION after Hellfest in June.

"The reason is simply that since we started to use four lead vocalists on tour, I found myself doing more backing vocals and guitar playing etc. than actual lead vocals.

In the beginning I tried to tell myself that I would get used to it, but I didn't really...

"I gave all I had during the few numbers I sang lead and it was especially great to feel the fans' response during 'Son of the Staves of Time' (that the THERION guys were kind enough to let me write on 'Gothic Kabbalah'). Still, when I got off stage — something just didn't feel right. It felt too much like a job, and that's not a good sign.

"Note that I totally supported the lineup change for the 2007 tour, so those problems were partly self-inflicted.

"When I started to tour with THERION in 2004, my role on stage with THERION was very different compared to this year. I actually think it was a much better, more interesting performance by THERION now in 2007 in every way including the stage production...but it just didn't please my own heart and soul enough in the end.

"Anyway, I'm happy that Thomas Vikström will be the new singer. He's a good friend of mine and a very, very competent singer.

"I will now focus on my own projects including the S&M album [collaboration with drummer/songwriter Snowy Shaw (THERION, KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE, MEMENTO MORI, NOTRE DAME)].

"So, a big thanks to everyone in THERION and all the other session singers I've shared the stage with the last three years. Many cool memories. I'd also like to thank the road crews, especially Peach and Parschau, who've been working on practically all the 130+ shows.

"Finally, a mega-thanks to all you fans who came to see THERION or just mailed your support — I hope I'll see you all again in the future!"

To sam i ja rekao...bio je prevelika harizma za Therion...pevaci u tom bendu su jednaki, ali on to ne moze da bude, zato sto je, kazem, prevelika licnost...

Steta za Therion, i za mene sto ga nisam video uzivo, s obzirom da je i meni u top 5 vokala ikada...