06: follower

07: rusted

08: increase

09: july

10: in the white

11: the itch

12: journey through pressure

--

ova poslednja mi je trenutni highlight albuma.. a to se menja svakih 12 sati laugh.gif

trenutno bih izabrao i 10. i 03.

u svakom slučaju, baš taj drugi deo albuma donosi nešto novo u njihovom zvuku.

prosto mi žao što slušam ovaj promo toliko.

ne mogu dočekati da kupim disk..

srbine znam koji je raspored pesama... imam jebeni Peaceville promos...

rekao sam da mi ovakav raspored nije ponajbolji pa sam napravio redosled koji meni odgovara...

1. Katatonia - Soil's song (4:12)

2. Katatonia - The itch (4:20)

3. Katatonia - Increase (4:20)

4. Katatonia - July (4:45)

5. Katatonia - Leaders (4:20)

6. Katatonia - Journey through pressure (4:20)

7. Katatonia - My twin (3:41)

8. Katatonia - Follower (4:45)

9. Katatonia - Rusted (4:21)

10. Katatonia - In the white (4:53)

11. Katatonia - Consternation (3:50)

12. Katatonia - Deliberation (3:59)

Edited by Out Of Time

znam ja šta si napravio, nisam glup.

samo rekao si da je bolje kad "july" nije poslednja.

a july i nije poslednja.

i tako..

gledaj ti da ih smekšaš za kintu nekako.. haha

ovih 50 ljudi koji bi došli na svirku u beogradu to definitivno zaslužuju.

edit: sad ću baš da preslušam sa ovim tvojim redosledom..

Edited by KRANG

srbine znam koji je raspored pesama... imam jebeni Peaceville promos...

rekao sam da mi ovakav raspored nije ponajbolji pa sam napravio redosled koji meni odgovara...

1. Katatonia - Soil's song (4:12)

2. Katatonia - The itch (4:20)

3. Katatonia - Increase (4:20)

4. Katatonia - July (4:45)

5. Katatonia - Leaders (4:20)

6. Katatonia - Journey through pressure (4:20)

7. Katatonia - My twin (3:41)

8. Katatonia - Follower (4:45)

9. Katatonia - Rusted (4:21)

10. Katatonia - In the white (4:53)

11. Katatonia - Consternation (3:50)

12. Katatonia - Deliberation (3:59)

interesantno, ja sam skinuo samo Deliberation...A ti je slushash kao zadnju...Jel najbolja,najgora il ijednostavno najbolje pashe kao zadnja ? icon_mrgreen.gif

Evo,naleteh na recenziju...

Many people bemoaned the direction Katatonia took on their last opus "Viva Emptiness". The words nu-metal were bandied around and personally, I didn't agree. "Viva Emptiness" was a definite step in a different direction from the almost alt-rock stylings of the previous three albums, three albums which represented a refinement of a particular style. "Discouraged Ones," "Tonight's Decision" and "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" each served as a step in the development of a style which endeared new listeners to the former doom band, experimenting more and more with melancholy and less with out and out metal. "The Great Cold Distance" would appear to be the same kind of refinement from the previous album, leading me to believe that this is a new era in Katatonia's musical chronology. It's hard to say whether the band have improved from "Viva Emptiness", as the differences on offer here are subtle and hardly the kind of jump that the band made between "Brave Murder Day" and "Discouraged Ones." Many elements are held over from the stylistic lexicon that the previous album displayed; epic sustained guitar sound-scapes, shimmering clean guitars, a thick and warm bass tone and Mr Renkse's vocals sound more comfortable than ever.

The track available for download, "My Twin", doesn't tell the whole story here either. "My Twin" is similar in some ways to the more catchy material on "Viva Emptiness", such as "Criminals" and "Evidence", but overall, "The Great Cold Distance" is a lot more convoluted and complex. The songs are less catchy in general, with a few exceptions, and the album stands as one long journey into a particular mode of thought. Renkse calls the album, "A distance necessary to journey through the corridors of human vexation." The album noticeably lacks certain elements from the previous, no "Omerta" or "Inside the City of Glass" to break up the flow for example. This works for and against the album in different ways. The overall length of the album can be somewhat of a hindrance without the breaks in flow that the aforementioned track afforded "Viva Emptiness". However, this singular direction of flow also gives the album a unique push into the journeying mode that Renkse speaks of.

The album largely features the kind of crushing, moderately simplistic riffs that prevailed on the last album, but at times they reveal half hidden pieces of technicality that can occasionally be glimpsed through the walls of distortion. The musical performances on display are top notch, the guitars are incredibly tight and Daniel Liljekvist's drumming is tight and hard, really giving the album the kind of percussive force that the hard riffs demand to be supported by. As previously stated the songs seem to flow into one long musical sound-scape and there is not a huge amount of variation to break it up, but there are highlights. The lilting, rolling gait of "Soil's Song" proves extremely effective and along with "My Twin" provides a one-two hit of the albums most blatantly catchy moments. "Consternation" is probably the most out and out heavy song on the album, reminding me of "Wealth" from "Viva Emptiness" in it's bloody-minded riffing. "In the White" features a clever laying of rhythms between the bass and guitars, whilst not quite as blatant as Meshuggah, the polyrhythmic effect is somewhat disturbing and catches the listener's ear. Renkse's vocal performance is also superb on this song, he breaks the comfort zone inhabited on most of the rest of the album, sounding as desperate as ever, and as beautiful. The album closer, "Journey Through Pressure" doesn't disappoint, ending the album in an epic and different way, with many different experiments in production giving the song a complex texture.

Katatonia really stand out as one of the most consistant bands in the metal scene today. There is not a single Katatonia album I don't enjoy in some way or another, whichever period you choose to pick from. From the early crushing, blackened doom, through the alt-rock styled period and on into this more metallic current sound. "The Great Cold Distance" is a deceptively complex journey into the darker side of human emotion, which doesn't suffer from it's near singular thrust but rather thrives on it. It's always a good sign when you're already looking forward to what a band will do next, before they even release the current album. Katatonia have achieved a rare level excellence and that surely must be applauded.

Jeste malo offtopic,ali 'ajde - Jonasov top 2005:

Antony And The Johnsons - I'm A Bird Now

Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked

Edited by grave

antony...?

jonas je gay. dobar je album, ali su textovi čist homosexualizam, i mnogo me nerviraju..

kako da pevam uz album

"one day i'll grow up and be a beautifull woman,

but for today i am a child

for today i am a boy"?

itd..

a recenzija..

onako..

i nije nešto.. može da prođe.

ha.. izabrao je iste highlightove kao i ja koji post ranije..

ok, samo javi kad stižeš.

--

i ja sam izbegavao poređenja sa vivom, ali ovaj albu je definitivno bolji.

treba malo vremena da se to provali, ali definitivno od 5 najboljih katatonia pesama, meni su 3 sa ovog albuma.. i to je dovoljno.

jebali su kevu.

pored toga, meni je viva emptiness bio najdraži album svih vremena.. ne događa se baš svaki dan da dobijete novi omiljeni album svih vremena haha

laugh.gif

najzreliji album. najinteligentniji.

isis momenat u july me odusevio (sam pocetak pesme).

mora da se slusa, nije na pvu loptu kao viva, osim pesme my twin.

vokal isproduciran fantasticno, sve se savrseno razume, a i meLooooodije su strava.

gitare vrh.

ima jos puno do marta..