Kayo Dot (ex-maudlin of the Well)

scissors

ja slušam ovaj collapsar, i to "King Kong Died for Your Sins" pesmu i oduševljavam se.

ovo je isis+mastodon+dep+crowbar+king crimson i to sve instrumentali.

tražio pera pre par meseci, sad sam iskopao na indietorrents.

skinuti obavezno.

carski.

mislim da nece da banuju za to, samo te cimaju i obrisu fajl sto si ostavio.

riaa je ona organizacija sto juri ljudi po netu, u kanadi su hapsili neke likove skoro zbog fajlseringa (!!!).

imaju oni neke brdo jake kompove s brdo jakim vezama sto prate sav moguci saobracaj na netu, zato se dosta torrent sajtova i svakakvih fajl serin servera trude da ne bude tog riaa-unsafe sadrzaja na njima.

btw ne drkaju oni za sve albume, vec iskljucivo za one onih izdavackih kuca koji sa njima imaju ugovore. (aka major kuce vecinom).

sufjan stevens npr sam izdaje albume (ima izdavacku kucu) i riaa unsafe su.

recenzija iz Washington Post-a...full respect.

Kayo Dot

When such bands as Led Zeppelin invented heavy metal, they were simply supercharging the blues, using vocals and guitar that sounded intimate even at extreme volume. Such contemporary art-metal groups as Kayo Dot, which performed Thursday at the Warehouse Next Door, treat heavy rock as a sort of chamber music, emphasizing the power and precision of the ensemble over individual expression. The Boston group could be described as the creature of Toby Driver, who composes the music, plays guitar and occasionally sings.

Yet the band, which couldn't fit all eight of its members on the club's small stage, set up so that Driver was facing away from the audience. Kayo Dot permits solos but not star turns.

The group played a 45-minute set that comprised three long pieces, two of them from its new album, "Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue." (That's another characteristic of chamber-metal outfits: They'd never stoop to titling anything "Whole Lotta Love.'') The pieces began quietly, with passages that featured samples, Mia Matsumiya's violin, Forbes Graham's array of horns or Driver's vocals, whose thinness was the group's most indie-rock aspect.

Gradually, the music built to howling climaxes in which grinding guitars and galloping drums combined into an all-encompassing shriek. Not exactly a human shriek, though -- there was drama in the music but no theater in the performance. The effect resembled an orchestral performance of Wagner or Grieg: a skillful evocation of a tempest in which the performers stood outside the storm, untouched by wind or rain.

-- Mark Jenkins

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

offtopic:

The coffin was then lifted to a van where Milosevic supporters lined up to kiss it, and was then taken to the Belgrade morgue.

hahaha

jesi ti ovo preveo?

----------------

recenzija je bez veze.. odrađivanje totalno.

• 2 months later...

Jul 2 @ Harper's Ferry / Allston, MA with Irepress and Neurisican

haha tako toby zove sve one bendove sto zvuce kao Neurosis/Isis/Pelican i sto ih pera sve gotivi, i vec je komentarisao kako ga smara sto kad god prave cert mora takav jedan bend da svira...ali ovi, ne znam ko je u pitanju, su nesto rekli da je on "ass" na nekom forumu, a nisu se nikad upoznali uzivo, pa ih je toby stavio na tour dates kao "Neurisican." icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...