Arjen A. Lucassen

StarbreakeR

Evo prica koje stoje iza svakog albuma:

THE FINAL EXPERIMENT

Prologue

In the year 2084 scientists have found a way to send messages back into time using time telepathy. With the earth nearly destroyed by many different causes, they have one hope for the experiment: warn the past of the future to avert the fate of earth.

Act I

The receiver of the telepathic messages is Ayreon, a blind minstrel living in 6th century Britain. He's lived his life in darkness from the day he was born, but one fateful day everything changes- Ayreon can see images. The minstrel believes these visions are sent to him by the Lords of Time. Unaware of how much time there is left before earth is destroyed Ayreon sets out to tell the tale of earth's demise singing songs of wars, natural disaster, and computer technology. The terrifying tales frighten the villagers who run him out of town.

Act II

Alone, and cast out of his village, Ayreon goes to King Arthur's castle, and, being a famed minstrel, he is allowed to sing of his visions in the King's very own court.

Act III

Jealous of his ability to foresee the future, Merlin, the court's wizard, isn't pleased with Ayreon's message, convincing the court the minstrel must be a charlatan.

Act IV

Merlin believes it is necessary to silence Ayreon forever and curses him. With the curse completed Merlin realizes his error, but it is too late. The wizard then predicts that the message will arrive in the mind of another minstrel at the end of the 20th century…

ACTUAL FANTASY

On 'Actual Fantasy' Arjen wanted to stimulate fantasy, not simulate reality. Actual fantasy is the opposite of virtual reality.

Actual Fantasy

This song is the intro of the CD and starts like a fairy-tale, beautiful, with a classical orchestra.

Abbey of Synn

Synn is the old spelling for 'sin' and also refers to the important role of the synthesizer on the CD. Inspired by the movie 'Name of the Rose' with Sean Connery, the song tells the story of a monastery where laughter is strictly forbidden. One by one monks die mysteriously each having a blackened finger and tongue. It turns out that the monks have discovered a book of comedy written by Aristotle, but the pages are poisoned; if you lick your finger to turn a page it will kill you.

Stranger From Within

In this story that Arjen wrote himself, doctors are trying to find a way to help a girl who is in a coma. In this state she begins to fantasize about some stranger. He could be dangerous, or harmless, or just a magician. The stranger tells her that she can cure herself using her own imagination, and then he allows the doctors to 'shoot' him as he takes the disease with him. The girl wakes up and the stranger from within has become part of her.

Computer Eyes

This song is a story Arjen wrote himself. It is about someone who has been playing a computer game for days. At a certain time he isn't able to tell anymore whether he's playing a game or has become part of it. He doesn't feel any emotions and has become like a hologram unable to find a way out. This song is certainly not an attack on computers, for this album could never have been made without computers. It just all depends on how you use computers and virtual reality.

Beyond the Last Horizon

This is story Arjen came up with during the last few days of his father's life. The story is set in the Middle Ages during the days of the crusades. One of the crusaders is ambushed and killed. After that it's a familiar story: he sees a light and he rides towards it on a road that disappears on the horizon. Beyond it is the 'last horizon': death. In most stories it says there is a beautiful light or heaven. But where he is, there is darkness. There is nothing beyond the last horizon; he will disappear.

Farside of the World

This song is based on 'The Navigator', an obscure Australian movie. It's about a boy in a medieval English village where the plague is killing most of the inhabitants. The boy falls and has a vision: in order to cure the village they must dig a hole straight through the earth, and- on the other side- place a cross on top of a silver tower.

Back on Planet Earth

In this story, written by Arjen himself, a boy lives in a space station. Humans have lost the ability to feel but he overhears the older people telling stories about the days when they lived on earth. On his computer the boy finds images of the most beautiful things, such as flowers and mountains, but he also finds out that earth was destroyed by wars and environmental disasters and people eventually had to live in space in order to survive. The boy realizes that after seeing people with emotions, and their laughter, he would rather have died on earth, than be in the cold space station.

Forevermore

Based on the movie 'The Neverending Story'. A boy steals a book from a store. The boy arrives too late for class, sneaks into the attic and crawls under a blanket to read the book. The fictitious world of 'Fantasia' is falling apart; it's being eaten by the Nothing. Symbolizing the fact that nobody's fantasizing anymore. The hero in the story has to cure the empress from her disease, and save 'Fantasia'. He does so by giving the Empress a name.

Dawn of Man

This is a very experimental song with vocoder and scratches on it. The story is based on Stanley Kubrick's '2001' and '2010', but with Arjen's own fantasy and interpretation incorporated. The listener should do the same; the lyrics cannot be explained one way. Just use your imagination!

INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE

Into the Electric Castle' tells the story of 8 stereotypical characters from different periods of time who suddenly find themselves in another dimension. A Highlander, Knight, Egyptian, Indian, Barbarian, Roman, Hippie and Futureman each try to understand where they are and what they are supposed to do. It is then that a voice rings out from the sky to tell them that the dimension they have arrived in is built on dreams and fears. In order to find their way back to their own dimension and time, they must go in search of The Electric Castle. During the search every character is forced to confront his or her innermost fears, and not everyone survives the treacherous journey to the Castle.

At the end of the journey those that successfully dealt with their personal demons find out that the voice belongs to an alien named 'Forever of the Stars', a member of an alien race living in a distant galaxy. These aliens created planet Earth and its people as an experiment so they could study, and hopefully one day experience emotions, as they themselves lost feelings eons ago.

'Into the Electric Castle' is a double CD. On disc 1 we experience the journey to The Electric Castle and on disc 2 we find out what happens when they arrive there.

THE UNIVERSAL MIGRATOR Part 1:THE DREAM SEQUENCER

On 'Universal Migrator part I: The Dream Sequencer' Arjen picks up the story of the 22nd century. Over a hundred years have passed since the last world war destroyed all life on earth, which the main character Ayreon already predicted in the 6th century (see the first Ayreon CD 'The Final Experiment').

During the battles a number of colonists resided on Mars, witnessing the destruction on earth from afar. For years they managed to keep themselves alive with the supplies they brought with them from earth. These supplies ran out and almost all colonists have died. The main character in the story is the last surviving human being, a child of the first colonists. He has never been on earth.

To make the boredom on Mars somewhat bearable, clever technicians designed the Dream Sequencer, a machine that allows Colonists to travel back to their own youth by means of hypnoses, but also to their lives before; their pre-incarnations so to speak.

It is in this machine that the Colonist relives his youth on Mars, his death as a woman on earth during the war of 2084, the first moonlanding of 1969, and his life as the standard bearer in the famous 17th century painting of Rembrandt: The Nightwatch. He stood on the shores of England as Queen Elisabeth I, watching the English fleet sail out to stop the Spanish Armada, and as a Mayan girl he witnessed sacred ceremonies in Tikal. We find out that the Colonist once was the minstrel Ayreon and that, in another even earlier incarnation, he was present during the construction of Stonehenge. His soul's first incarnation was the first human being on earth.

THE UNIVERSAL MIGRATOR Part 2:FLIGHT OF THE MIGRATOR

The Universal Migrator part II continues the story of the last man alive on Mars as he decides to venture further back in time. He wants to go all the way back to the time right before the universe was created, a time when there was nothing but chaos. The Colonist witnesses the big bang and the creation of the first soul: The Universal Migrator. This soul divides in various new souls that each go in search of planets they can inhabit. This is how they bring life to various planets and start different civilizations.

In the Dream Sequencer program the Colonist follows the soul that is headed for earth. On his long journey through space, he passes astronomical manifestations such as quasars, pulsars, supernovas, black holes, and wormholes. He finally enters the solar system, but the DS program goes on overload. The Colonist should never have ventured that far back in time. The Dream Sequencer is desperately trying to wake the Colonist from his deep state of hypnoses, but it is too late; the Colonist dies in the machine. Then the Migrator speaks to him without words: "Eternity lies before you. You are the new Migrator!"

THE HUMAN EQUATION

A man has a car accident and ends up in hospital in a comatose state. The car accident was very bizarre: it was broad daylight and there was no other car in sight. His wife and his best friend are keeping a vigil at his bed, trying to understand what happened, hoping he will wake soon.

Cut off from the outside world, the man finds himself trapped in a strange realm where his emotions- most of which he’s ignored for a long time- have come to life to confront him with all the choices he has made in his life.

As he is taken from one memory to the next, he slowly becomes aware of all the events leading up to his accident, and realizes that if he ever wants to wake up from his coma, he must find a way out of his prison…

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Heh, moj omiljeni lik u muzickoj industriji.

Kako ja volim ovog coveka!

Naravno sve radove sam otpratila, a zahvaljujuci njemu otkrila i svoj omiljeni vokal - Damiana Wilsona...

Trenutak kada me je osvojio:

I hark back to olden days

to her and her magic ways

two souls in harmony

in an endless sea

the cruel wings of destiny

carried you away from me

and left a heart unstilled

that never will be filled

I'd sacrifice my very life

to have you at my side

like a dream I see your face

through the misty haze

we were one amid the stars

and time never healed my scars

deep inside the sadness burns

I must return!

Списак сарадника на досадашњим пројектима:

1994 - Arjen Anthony Lucassen - guitars, bass, keyboards, vocals

Session musicians:

1996 Floortje Schilt - violin

1998 Taco Kooistra - celli

1998 Jack Pisters - sitar

1998 Ernö Olah - violins

2000 Peter Siedlach - strings

2004 Robert Baba - violins

2004 Dewi Kersten - cello

2004 John McManus - flute, whistle

2004 Marieke van der Heyden - cellos

2004 Jeroen Goossens - flute, panpipes, didgeridoo, bassoon

Guest musicians:

1995 Lucie Hillen - vocals, backing vocals

1995 Mirjan van Doorn - vocals, backing vocals

1995 Debby Schreuder - vocals, backing vocals

1995 Ernst van Ee - drums

1995 Jolanda Verduijn - bass, backing vocals

1995 Peter Vink - bass

1995 Jan Bijlsma - bass

1995 Rene Merkelbach - backing vocals

1995 Ruud Houweling - vocals, backing vocals

1995 Leon Goewie - vocals

1995 Lenny Wolf - vocals

1995 Jan-Chris de Koeijer - vocals

1995 Cleem Determeijer - hammond, minimoog, mellotron, vocoder, keyboards

1995 Ian Parry - vocals

1995 Barry Hay - vocals, alto flute

1995 Jan van Feggelen - vocals

1995-1996 Robert Soeterboek - vocals

1995-1996 Edward Reekers - vocals

1996 Rene Merkelbach - hammond, synth solo

1996 Okkie Huysdens - vocals

1996 Cleem Determeijer - synth solo

1998 Fish - vocals

1998 Sharon den Adel - vocals

1998 George Oosthoek - vocals

1998 Edwin Balogh - vocals

1998 Anneke van Giersbergen - vocals

1998 Robert Westerholt - vocals

1998 Peter Daltrey - vocals

1998 Edward Reekers - vocals

1998 Jan van Feggelen - vocals

1998 Damian Wilson - vocals

1998 Thijs van Leer - flute

1998 Ed Warby - drums

1998 Robby Valentine - piano

1998 Clive Nolan - synth solos

1998 Rene Merkelbach - synth solos, harpsichord

1998 Ton Scherpenzeel - synth solos

1998 Roland Bakker - hammond

2000 Michael Romeo - guitar solos

2000 Mark McCrite - backing vocals

2000 Neal Morse - vocals

2000 Jacqueline Govaert - vocals

2000 Edward Reekers - vocals

2000 Floor Jansen - vocals

2000 Rob Snijders - drums

2000 Johan Edlund - vocals

2000 Rene Merkelbach - synth solos

2000 Keiko Kumagai - synth solos, hammond solo

2000 Russell Allen - vocals

2000 Ralf Scheepers - vocals

2000 Andi Deris - vocals

2000 Bruce Dickinson - vocals, backing vocals

2000 Timo Kotipelto - vocals

2000 Oscar Holleman - guitar solos

2000 Jolanda Verduijn - bass

2000 Stephen van Haestregt - drums

2000 Okkie Huysdens - backing vocals

2000 Erik Norlander - synths, piano, vocoder, hammond, keyboards

2000 Damian Wilson - vocals, backing vocals

2000 Lana Lane - vocals, backing vocals

2000 Ed Warby - drums

2000 Clive Nolan - synth solos

2000 Robert Soeterboek - vocals, backing vocals

2000 Ian Parry - vocals

2000 Fabio Lione - vocals, backing vocals

2000 Gary Wehrkamp - guitar solos, synth solos

2000 Astrid van der Veen - vocals

2000 Mouse - vocals

2000 Gary Hughes - vocals

2004 James LaBrie - vocals

2004 Joost van den Broek - synth solos, spinet

2004 Martin Orford - synth solo

2004 Oliver Wakeman - synth solo

2004 Heather Findlay - vocals

2004 Magnus Ekwall - vocals

2004 Devin Townsend - vocals

2004 Devon Graves / Buddy Lackey - vocals

2004 Irene Jansen - vocals

2004 Eric Clayton - vocals

2004 Mikael Åkerfeldt - vocals

2004 Mike Baker - vocals

2004 Ken Hensley - hammond solo

2004 Marcela Bovio - vocals

2004 Ed Warby - drums

2004 Ewa Albering - flute

2005 James LaBrie - vocals

2005 Ed Warby - drums

2005 Heather Findlay - vocals, bodhran

2005 Cleem Determeijer - keyboards

2005 Peter Vink - bass

2005 Joost van den Broek - keyboards, mix

Laki, kako si dosao do majice koju si nosio na koncertu Kamelota?

Kako? Iz Holandije :meshuggah:

Kad je taj Star One DVD izasao, tj. kad je turneja krenula, bio sam u fazonu da bih dao 5 godina zivota to da vidim. Na zalost, jedina mogucnost dovodjenja Arjena danas (Stream of Passion) nije izvodljiva, jer su u pitanju velike pare kako cujem, a pitanje je da li bi nas na koncertu bilo vise od 100.

Koliko sam razumeo u poslednjem intervjuu covek je nazalost izgubio culo mirisa i ukusa(Anosmia) ali je prebrodio to i nastavlja sa radom.

Sve je dobro, samo da ne izgubi culo sluha :opusteno:

Jos preciznije, Arjen vise nije clan SoP-a, pa bi njihovo dovodjenje bilo uzaludan posao po tom pitanju. Kaze da oni nastavljaju bez njega, a kakav ce biti novi Ayreon, zivi bili pa videli, posto je covek malo odlepio u poslednje vreme. Ko zna mozda se ta depresija u kojoj se nalazio, pozitivno odrazi na kreativnost...

Nije vise u SoP?

Wow!

Pa on je ludak zivi!

Poklonio im je slavu i to je to!

Vecina nas ne bi ni slusala SoP, da nismo culi da on radi sa njima.

Kad se setim koliko sam cekala da se dokopam tog albuma!!!

Jedva cekam da izadje nesto novo...

PS: na koncertu Arjena sa bilo kojim bendom bi bilo najmanje 500-700 ljudi. Mnogo ljudi ga gotive...

Aha evo nadjoh:

Hi everyone,

Since our last tour we've received a lot of inquires about the future of SoP. As you may have heard on the Ayreon website, Arjen has been going through a very rough period on in his life; he has decided to quit the band and focus entirely on his new Ayreon album, which we know for sure will be a huge success so good luck with it, Arjen!

Besides Arjen, Lori and Alejandro have also decided to part ways and focus on their own personal lives and musical projects. We, the rest of the SoPies, wish the three of them all the success and happiness in the world.

HOWEVER THIS BY NO MEANS THE END OF THE BAND! The rest of us are extremely motivated to continue this beautiful story called Stream of Passion and give it a more than positive future, like we think it deserves. We are already busy writing music for a new album, so soon you'll hear more about our future plans and musical ideas. Stay tuned!

Hi everyone!

A lot has happened since our last newsfact. Currently we're extremely busy writing new material and we are happy to inform you that within a few weeks we've already gathered more than enough material for about half an album. What's always been special about SoP is the intercontinental webbased writing process, which we now again are using with success.

From Mexico Marcela has been writing and recording a lot of melody lines and music, which she then sends to Holland where Davy and Johan contribute their parts.

The overall feel of the new music is heavy, inspirational and still the recognizable SoP twist and we are very excited about it!

Of course we're also really busy with looking for new musicians and already have a lot of options for the new guitarplayer(s) and a keyboardplayer. During next month we will be having the first try outs.

If you're interested and have the skills and experience, send us your cv including music/video/photo's via this mail: tryoutsopATgmail.com (replace AT with a @)

We will be back in short notice with more and exciting news, so stay tuned and be ready to embrace the new storm!

Stream of Passion

Marcela, Davy and Johan

Pa sta ostade od starog SoP-a!?

Dugo su i trajali :mhihi:

Jos preciznije, Arjen vise nije clan SoP-a, pa bi njihovo dovodjenje bilo uzaludan posao po tom pitanju. Kaze da oni nastavljaju bez njega, a kakav ce biti novi Ayreon, zivi bili pa videli, posto je covek malo odlepio u poslednje vreme. Ko zna mozda se ta depresija u kojoj se nalazio, pozitivno odrazi na kreativnost...

Pa ja citah da se ozenio,mozda je zato pukao :)

Evo shta je ajren rekao za Michaela Romea kad je snimio solo za The Dawn Of The Million Souls, inace ako ne i moje najomiljenije pesme njegove:

Arjen explains:

When Russell had agreed to sing the song 'Dawn of a Million Souls' I asked Michael if he could play a guitarsolo in that song. After all Michael is technically one of the best guitarists in the world at the moment. What he ended up playing surpassed my wildest expectations. Both melodically and in virtuosity. There is a chromatic riff in the solo that is technically impossible; even Russell couldn't believe his ears. After I heard that, I didn't touch my guitar for a few months… what's the use? Damn you, Michael!

Zajebano!

I da josh me neshto interesuje, molim nekoga ako ima star one da mi da, kao budala trazim po netu vec mesecima i ne mogu da nadjem!

Sta ti treba mp3 ili video?

Imam naravno odavno i jedno i drugo...