Symphony X

Nista novo........mada nije losa stvar,voleo bih da cujem malo bolje riffove.

Malo vesti....

In other news, the official SYMPHONY X French web site The Eyes Of Medusa has also revealed the main visual that will adorn the cover of the band's new album, "Iconoclast", as well as related t-shirts and posters. Check it out below.

During a January 29, 2011 interview with DJ JC Green of Metal Messiah Radio's "Heavy Metal Thunder" show, SYMPHONY X vocalist Russell Allen was asked what stage of the recording/mixing process the new CD is in. "We are in post-production, so the album is pretty much almost done," Allen replied. "At this point, mixes are being wrapped up and finalized and it's off to mastering and should be ready for release in a few months — definitely first quarter of 2011. We've got the artworks all done, we're taking pictures next week... all that good stuff. So everything's on track for release pretty soon."

Regarding the sound of "Iconoclast" and how it compares to that of 2007's "Paradise Lost", Russell said, "Sonically, it's in the realm of that one in a way, in terms of the sound of things; the guitar sound is a little different. Basically, the album is pretty intense — probably the most intense record we've ever done; it's chock-full of riffs — tons of great riffs. It's heavy, the music, but the singing is very melodic in terms of its... the choruses are real strong, the verses are real strong, but I'm singing aggressively — a lot of that going on — 'cause the topic is, again, very dark; you know, that's what we do. So the album's very powerful. And, of course, we do have one song that's like a little mini-epic, so to speak, and it's the lightest — a light, light, light song. So there is a contrast on the record of that one song that has that sort of 'Paradise Lost' feel to it; it's a ballad, I guess, if you wanna call it that."

He continued, "This album will contain a good body of work that harkens back to a lot of early metal — some early metal — and a lot of SYMPHONY X standards that you guys know already, and a little bit of a newer sound, too, here and there — just a newer direction. Some of the singing parts, I tried some more rhythmic things that I was hearing that sounded pretty cool, and some different things that I'm doing with my voice now that are a little more looking to the future of what we hear the music going. It's just the next progression for us, where we are as writers and stuff, but it's pretty intense — it's way more intense than 'Paradise Lost', if you can believe that."

When asked about the "Iconoclast" lyrical concept, Russell said, "It is basically just the idea of machines taking over everything and all this technology we put our society into pretty much being our demise. It's a story we were all familiar with, but we put our own spin on it. It's not a linear story in terms of... This is just the theme of the record, so all the songs are in that theme, but they're not connected in any sort of story way — there's no characters of any of that stuff — it's just a theme. Like [PINK FLOYD's] 'The Dark Side Of The Moon', it's really just a theme of the dark side of the moon — one song deals with death, the other one deals with time... You know what I mean?! So it's the same kind of thing. I'm not comparing the two albums by any means — don't misunderstand me — but in terms of the idea of a concept, so to speak, the concept is there, but it's not a story record — not like [2002's] 'The Odyssey', where the song 'The Odyssey' is that story."

Edited by AwakeN

The official SYMPHONY X French web site The Eyes Of Medusa recently conducted an interview with the band's bassist, Michael LePond. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

The Eyes Of Medusa: We guess that the [new SYMPHONY X] album ["Iconoclast"] is either wrapped up or in its final stages. Can you tell us who handled the sound mixing/engineering?

LePond: "The album is complete and has been delivered to the label. Of course, [sYMPHONY X guitarist] Michael Romeo handled the sound engineering and recorded everybody at the Dungeon. The mixing and mastering were done by Jens Bogren (OPETH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA). He's probably the best I've ever heard at what he does; he is amazing. We're all very excited."

The Eyes Of Medusa: Have you kept the same cover artist for this new album?

LePond: "Yes, the artwork was done by Warren Flanagan. It's a different design from 'Paradise Lost', but the guy is unbelievable. He's a fan of SYMPHONY X so he enjoys doing it. I've seen the album cover and it's really, really good."

The Eyes Of Medusa: Is this what we can see on the new merch [that is being sold on the band's current European tour]?

LePond: "No, I believe it's part of the artwork; the album cover is much more elaborate. We also took promotional pictures before we left for the tour by a photographer named Danny Sanchez (Note: he also took the pictures of SYMPHONY X singer Russell Allen for Russell's solo album, 'Atomic Soul'). He lives close to where we rehearse. It's a nice group of studio shots. So far everything is looking good."

The Eyes Of Medusa: We now know the overall theme of the album being about the overwhelming presence of machines and technology in our everyday lives. What's your personal opinion about this?

LePond: "What we were trying to talk about with the theme is when technology with machines goes so far and you start not to think about the consequences. There might be a time where technology is pushed so far that the machines take over and cause serious problems. That was basically the idea and I think that's a possibility in the real world: anything you do, you have to have morality in it, you always have to think of the consequences rather than just say to yourself, 'I'm going to do this and get rich and who cares!'"

You can read the entire interview (in both French and English versions) at this location.

Video footage of SYMPHONY X performing two brand new songs, "End Of Innocence" and "Dehumanized", on February 28, 2011 at Élysée Montmartre in Paris, France can be viewed below.

• 2 weeks later...

North America's progressive metal masterminds SYMPHONY X have revealed the details of their ninth studio album, "Iconoclast", due in Europe on June 17 and in North America on June 21 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Illustrator and film concept artist Warren Flanagan ("Watchmen", "The Incredible Hulk", "2012") is the talent behind the album artwork. He states, "The idea was to create imagery that was a little darker in tone to previous SYMPHONY X albums and to represent the overall theme of 'Iconoclast' into the artwork. The whole concept came from [sYMPHONY X guitarist] Mike [Romeo], who had a strong idea of what the cover should represent based off the music. I just ran with it. When the album's title was decided on, I focused the image based on the meaning of it. I also wanted to use the band's signature 'masks' but present them in a way that connected to the new album."

SYMPHONY X founder and lead guitarist Michael Romeo has the following to say about Flanagan's art: "We worked with Warren on the last CD, 'Paradise Lost', and have a good relationship with him. When I talk to Warren about artwork ideas, a lot of times we end up making comparisons to films and movies. With the new CD, 'Iconoclast', the music and lyrics have a darker mechanical/technological theme, and I remember us talking about scenes from films like 'The Matrix' and 'Terminator'. From there, we sent him some songtitles and lyrics (songs like 'Dehumanized', 'Bastards Of The Machine', 'Electric Messiah') and just let Warren run with the ball. He has a great imagination and style, and he totally gets what we are trying to convey with the music."

The track listing for the jewel-cased version of "Iconoclast" is:

01. Iconoclast

02. The End Of Innocence

03. Dehumanized

04. Bastards Of The Machine

05. Heretic

06. Children Of A Faceless God

07. Electric Messiah

08. Prometheus (I Am Alive)

09. When All Is Lost

The track listing for the 2-CD special edition digipak version of "Iconoclast" is:

CD 1:

01. Iconoclast

02. The End Of Innocence

03. Dehumanized

04. Bastards Of The Machine

05. Heretic

06. Children Of A Faceless God

07. When All Is Lost

CD 2:

01. Electric Messiah

02. Prometheus (I Am Alive)

03. Light Up The Night

04. The Lords Of Chaos

05. Reign In Madness

symphicon1.jpg

symphicon2.jpg

I meni se sviđa artwork. Što se tiče toga da je dupli album tj. da je ovaj limited edition praktično drugi nastavak albuma ili šta već... ne znam koliko im je to pametan potez, i sam sam se začudio kad sam video, no videćemo kad bude izašao album. Btw, jedva čekam, baš me zanima šta ćemo imati prilike da čujemo. :)