Iron Maiden

Black Knight

1 Satellite15 ... The Final Frontier "(8min40)

A huge roar came from far away, and go to a martial rhythm, with drums chopped and omnipresent. Very far from the openers of previous recordings, this title, which is clearly divided into two distinct parts starts very strong, with big chords and a song that tries to find a place amidst the chaos. Halfway title, there is a bit more rock, more typical ofIron Maiden, with a refrain ("The Final Frontier" packet of four) combined with a melodic guitar. The three scratch themselves to the heart's a tangle of solidarity that can be found throughout the disc. At his, Kevin Shirley has put the small dishes to serve in large Nicko McBrain !

2 "El Dorado" (6min49)

Already available for free download on the band's website, this first single does not quite convinced me but the fact remains that there with a big sound, it is quite effective! A cavalcade of low so typical of Steve Harris coupled with a riff that makes me (a little) recalls that of "Scream Until You Like It" Wasp to start the machine and place under an atmosphere close enough to what the group We proposed to "Brave New World" and especially "Dance of Death" to the instrumental part that it refers directly to the period "Powerslave". This title, with its variations of intensity alright live (expect to reread this several times) even for Bruce, it will not be a pleasure because the rise in the treble is awesome on the chorus (which the ultra catchy melody're not).

3 "Mother of Mercy" (5min20)

After a short intro where the guitar poses a warm light on accompanying her clear, Nicko marks the beginning of hostilities and found a big rhythm typical of the group. The solos are superb and personally I love the refrain that should do well bellow the fans! The transitions are fairly fluid and surprisingly low offers for shots. The conclusion of the piece is quite dry, which allows movement of the next song so enjoyable.

4 "Coming Home" (5min52)

On the intro, the guitars and bass play in unison a theme quiet but convoluted. Just then a sort of ballad whose verses are made up of a game played in arpeggios and clear while the next is the background electric agreements. The structure verse chorus is played identically twice prior to a return of the theme intro leading to a solo air (there are sounds of "7th Son ..."), itself followed by a solo more angry. Certainly a great time on stage. Some routes are very rich on agreements, which do much to think about what can be Dream Theater (Thanks Kevin Shirley !).

5 "The Alchemist" (4min29)

Starting up the floor with the bass running around. Something crazy to tear his fingers. The fast track "the Maiden" par excellence with a solo 200 miles an hour and an end in twin guitars. Direct, simple, efficient, and end dry.

6 "Isle of Avalon" (9min06)

THE BIG TIME!

After an intro bass / guitar (as in almost all titles Epic Group), Bruce sings in a very theatrical and intimate (a sort of declamation in the shade). We feel that it will slam hard. The atmosphere is beautiful and reminiscent of "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner". Indeed, when the storm breaks, it sends severe. The breath of 80's inspired compositions on this plane. Nicko is everywhere, the solo starts in a way limit prog (really innovative in the group directory). A drawer construction, with beautiful rhythmic breaks, solos everywhere who are diving into the depths, this title is an epic musical with Bruce Imperial (another chorus that will be difficult to take in live). A great song!

7 "Starblind" (7min48)

New intro song with a pervasive calm (almost too much sometimes). After the mandala of the song before, it's hard to return to solo it (re ambience "7th son"). There, after a break again very depressed, has a big riff restart the machine to a fury of solos. The rhythmic, sometimes brutal and sometimes kills a small job for this great song that represents a sort of roller coaster intensity. One thinks the appearance prog "Somewhere In Time." Maiden is clearly pleased. The prod is super powerful even if sometimes a bit too all this element is very dense and difficult to digest at once)

8 "The Talisman" (9min04)

Imagine Bruce fireside, accompanied by an acoustic guitar to sound absolutely sublime, with a story (just like on "Dance Of Death") and you get a good overview of the intro song of the eighth. But the intro only, because the boot is a huge "In Your Face"! All musicians are stuffed full and it returns the field without qualms to the chorus, lighter!

Suddenly, joy joy, it was the leak of guitar while the audience will sing in concert (it will be repeated several times in the song). Chip typical Maiden 2000s. A very good time but, like other shots a little unnecessarily prolonged. Another great performance from Bruce !

9 "The Man Who Would Be King" (8min28)

Another long song construction maidenesque to wish (with nice little intro theme and then start scratching on wholesale agreements and twin guitars while Nicko takes stock of the battery). The intensity rises gradually. The solo part is again very beautiful, with a battery that offers plans away from stereotypes group. Nicko is loose and it really gives great emphasis to this passage. Again, there is the guitar everywhere. For cons, I hang around with this song a bit too heavy for my taste. Chunk, but the density of the album begins to have because of my discernment!

10 "When The Wild Wind Blows" (10min59)

A song that contrasts with the rest of the album by his side almost perky. On the intro (accompanied, as required, wind), Bruce goes down really low (it will rest him a little vocal cords on stage!). Even with the arrival of big guitars, the atmosphere is quite light and this one will blow the audience (who take the opportunity to take back the chorus "Do not You Know?".

The second part of the song is more epic themes with six-string that will choose to think "Blood Brothers" or "Fear Of The Dark". Nicko still hits hard, with many setbacks.

The verses contain a form of tension which is released on power chords at the end.

The title ends (those who follow will have guessed) by the wind.

Wow! A dense album, with extensive reference to two distinct periods (late 80's on the one hand, and the early 2000's on the other) but also some really new features (rhythmic structures, solos etc.).. Iron Maiden is loose and we propose a disk more accessible than it was "A Matter Of Life And Death". A wide variety of items which should go live well, although I personally regret the drift towards "always longer. A bit more spontaneity and brevity would not hurt. But we rejoice to see in 2010 a group still in great shape and very well inspired!

In fact, I dutifully listened to the album while taking notes, result: the buffet had been completely devastated when I got close! It's ugly guys prefer to listen rather than Grailler Maiden !

Thank you to Peter, AT (h) OME for the guest and the host (the next time I start with the buffet!)

• Upvote 2

Anywayz, bio bi red da album  procuri, kad su vec krenule recenzije x)

Tesko, procitao sam na maidenfans forumu da su svi recenzenti slusali album iskljucivo u zgradi produkcijske kuce uz obezbedjenje (ne smeju da unesu diktafone, telefone, kamere i sl.). Cak ne daju da se slusa na zvucnicima, vec samo sluske.

Pokupio sam lyrics sa nekog foruma...

Satellite 15 . . . The Final Frontier

I'm stranded in space, I'm lost without trace

I haven't this chance of getting away

Too close to the sun and surely will burn

Like Icarus before me or so legend goes

I'm taking my life, reliving the past

There's nothing but wait til' my time comes

I've had a good life, I'd do it again

Maybe I'll come back some time, my friends

For I have lived my life to the full, I have no regrets

But I wish I could talk to my family to tell them one last goodbye

The final frontier, the final frontier!!

If I could survive to live one more time, I wouldn't be changing a thing at all

Do more in my life than some do in ten - I'd go back and do it all over again

For I have lived my life to the full, I have no regrets

But I wish I could talk to my family and tell them that one last goodbye

Solo (Smith/Murray)

There isn't much time, must say my last rites - Nobody is here to read them to me

Must say my goodbyes, if only a line - A message to tell them in case they might find

But I have filled my life to the full, I have no regrets

But I wish I could talk to my family to tell them that one last goodbye

Ah, ah! The final frontier, the final frontier!!

Edited by BruceBruce
  • Upvote 1

Neocekivano i iznenadjujuce opustena pjesmica, nepretenciozna, sa odlicnom solazom na sredini, svidja mi se taj opusteni rokerski smek, jednostavna struktura, kao da je ispala sa nekog Dickinsonovog solo albuma sa pocetka 90-ih ili recimo sa Tyranny of Souls.

What he said :)

Konacno sam sinoc gledao spot zatim skinuo mp3 negde sa neta i slusao i slusao...stvarno opustena, vesela stvar, kao da su konacno uspeli ono sto su pokusavali na prethodna 2 albuma sa prvim pesmama. Bas je "letnja" koliko je to moguce za mejdene :)))))))) Video sam uglavnom negativne komentare pa sam se zabrinuo ali bez razloga, ovo je sjajno :)

• Upvote 2

Konacno sam sinoc gledao spot zatim skinuo mp3 negde sa neta i slusao i slusao...stvarno opustena, vesela stvar, kao da su konacno uspeli ono sto su pokusavali na prethodna 2 albuma sa prvim pesmama. Bas je "letnja" koliko je to moguce za mejdene :)))))))) Video sam uglavnom negativne komentare pa sam se zabrinuo ali bez razloga, ovo je sjajno :)

Tako je kralju! :rockdevil:

Dajder linak za mp3, nem' snage da guglam...

Hvala  :pivopije: Pa i kontao sam i ja da nema drugog nacina nego izvlaciti iz spota, a kao sto rekoh, mrzelo me da vucem sa tubeta pa konvertujem :)

Nema na cemu :)

UZIVAJ!! Ja moram da cekam da dodjem kuci, a to ce biti tek kasno uvece, da bi opet cuo pesmu. Jedva cekam :)

Tako jednostavna pesma, a tako efektna. :) Riff je skroz groovy, pogotovo u bridge-u. Tekst ništa specijalno, but who cares? Refren mi se baš sviđa, veoma je pevljiv i upečatljiv. Pa šta ako se ponavlja ''The Final frontier'' iznova i iznova? Ne znam kada sam čuo da se neko žalio na refrene iz Running free, The Evil that men do, The Wicker man, pa čak ni Man on the edge. Ponavljanje ume da zadaje glavobolje u nekim drugim pesmama, ali ovde stvarno dobro funkcioniše. :da: Meni se sviđa, a ako se nekome ne dopada, šteta. Mislim da me pesma sve u svemu pokreće i više nego El Dorado.

Jedina mala zamerka koju bih dao je Dejvov solo. Dobar je solo, pogotovo prva dva takta, ali na kraju krajeva nisam siguran koliko je neophodan. Voleo bih da se na tom mestu našla neka perverzna terca, s obzirom na to da je od fraze kojom počinje Dejvov solo mogla da se napravi moćna gitarska harmonija. Al ajde... :mrgreen:

Ne volim vesele i lepršave pesmice, a ova je takva. Hoću da naprave nešto kao Powerslave ili Hallowed Be Thy Name, toga je barem bilo dosta na A Matter of Life and Death. Uz to, ne znam kako nekoga može da oduševi spot u kome se ne pojavljuju članovi benda (izvinjavam se ako se neko pojavio maskiran, a ja nisam obratio pažnju) - mogli su opušteno da uzmu scene iz nekog filma, ne bi se primetila razlika.

• Downvote 2

Ne volim vesele i lepršave pesmice, a ova je takva. Hoću da naprave nešto kao Powerslave ili Hallowed Be Thy Name, toga je barem bilo dosta na A Matter of Life and Death. Uz to, ne znam kako nekoga može da oduševi spot u kome se ne pojavljuju članovi benda (izvinjavam se ako se neko pojavio maskiran, a ja nisam obratio pažnju) - mogli su opušteno da uzmu scene iz nekog filma, ne bi se primetila razlika.

Jbt, nisam ni provalio da nisu u spotu, nisam ni razmisljao. U pravu si. Jako je bitna ta komunikacija sa publikom, Bon Jovi su cuveni sto su im svi spotovi polovina trajanja sa koncerta, to je "trik" koji pali. Maideni imaju ubedljivo najbolju komunikaciju (pricam o celoj muzickoj sceni, ne samo metalu) sa publikom.

Mozda nisu hteli da remete pricu, da se kao uzivimo u radnju ... hahahaha. U svakom slucaju, nije mi toliko bitno ali dobro opazanje.

Sto se spota tice, ovaj put su ulozili ali mi opet deluje da je moglo bolje, efekti su im uvek bili (i ostali) smesni...ali bolje da se ne bunim previse, ovo je korak napred, a to moze da se racuna kao 3 koraka napread kada uzmemo u obzir da je ovo 15. album :)

Posle 10000000 spotova Maidena u kojima oni stoje na bini i pevaju, hvala Bogu da se ne pojavljuju u jednom :bigblue:

If I could survive to live one more time, I wouldn't be changing a thing at all

Do more in my life than some do in ten - I'd go back and do it all over again

- Bruce je u svom zivotu uradio vise nego neki u 10 :bigblue:

Edited by Ancient Mariner

Maideni imaju ubedljivo najbolju komunikaciju (pricam o celoj muzickoj sceni, ne samo metalu) sa publikom.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

A kako si dosao do tog zakljucka?Dikinson izgovori najvise puta "I love you" i "You are the best" tokom jednog nastupa?Ili po broju reci koje izgovori?Ako je po tome,nisu ni do kurca Balasevicu.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

A kako si dosao do tog zakljucka?Dikinson izgovori najvise puta "I love you" i "You are the best" tokom jednog nastupa?Ili po broju reci koje izgovori?Ako je po tome,nisu ni do kurca Balasevicu.

Ne, nikad nisam cuo da Dickinson tako nesto kaze.

Da ne zalazim previse u detalje ali od pocetaka su svaki "dinar" ulagali u svoj SHOW, u izgled bine, pirotehniku, efekte itd itd i uvek su se trudili da i oni licno prirede spektakl za publiku. Dovoljno govori da su najveci live band ikada :)

• Upvote 1