Metal Church

Anno Mundi !

Од свих које си навео, мени је најбоља била управо обрада, али ми се не свиђа много музика. Некако је превише успорена и нема снагу, док на новом има стварно одличних пауер песама, баш како треба.

• 2 months later...

The following press release has been posted at the David Wayne's Metal Church web site:

"On behalf of David Wayne's Metal Church, we would like to express our deepest sorrow in the passing of our metal brother, David Wayne. This is not only a loss for us as a band and his family, but also millions of metalheads throughout the world. David died due to complications from injuries he sustained in a head-on automobile accident several months ago.

Ne znam shta da kazem...tako mi je zao choveka..vrhunski vokal!!!!!

R.I.P.

• 1 month later...

Due to "prior commitments," guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof will not be performing with METAL CHURCH on their three-week U.S. run with W.A.S.P. He will be temporarily replaced by Ira Black (VICIOUS RUMORS, CHRIS CAFFERY).

"I have been hired by the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA to do some engineering on their upcoming album and had already committed to that project prior to getting the W.A.S.P. tour," Kurdt explained in a statement. "The band really wanted to play these dates so rather than turning it down we agreed to bring Ira in to fill the spot. He is a fantastic musician and a great guy and I know he will do a great job with the METAL CHURCH songs. We will begin putting the new METAL CHURCH record together after I finish my work with TSO."

hihih..fino fino mhihi.gif

• 6 months later...

METAL CHURCH have issued the following statement:

"Due to health complications from years of struggling with diabetes, Kirk Arrington has stepped down as METAL CHURCH's drummer. He will be missed and we wish him only the best.

"We are pleased to announce that filling Kirk's shoes is the 'one and only' Mr. Jeff Plate (SAVATAGE, CHRIS CAFFERY, TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA).

"We are very honored to have a musician of Jeff's caliber working with us and we know that he will do a fantastic job in METAL CHURCH."

JEFF PLATE je vrh nad vrsi bubnjar, al ovo znachi da je otishao josh jedan originani MC chlan..sad je tu samo Kurt, a i on mislim da nije svirao na poslednjoj turneji. Nema ni Marshala, ni Eriksona..

METAL CHURCH are scheduled to release their new album, "A Light In The Dark", in Germany on May 26, 2006, in Europe on May 29 and in the USA early June, reanimating the zeitgeist of their first two releases, "Metal Church" (1984) and "The Dark" (1986). "It's almost twenty years ago that we shook up the international metal scene for the first time with these two recordings," recalls guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof. "Just the right moment to bring that era to mind with a brand-new album and the same sort of energy that we had back then." METAL CHURCH are currently at the studio, recording over a dozen new tracks. It remains to be seen how many of these will make it onto the new album. One thing, however, is certain: the album will include a new version of the classic "Watch The Children Pray" as a tribute to vocalist David Wayne, who passed away in May 2005.

Vanderhoof, who doubles as sound engineer and producer during the recordings, promises an offering featuring all the important trademarks of typical METAL CHURCH tracks. "Before our new drummer Jeff Plate joined the band, I would have claimed that the new album will be a traditional heavy metal album through and through. Now I'm not so sure; we may end up experimenting with the odd unusual idea, but we'll stay within the framework defined by the band's history. 'A Light In The Dark' will represent what the name METAL CHURCH has been standing for for the last twenty years."

lipo

• 3 months later...

METAL CHURCH have announced the track listing for their new album, "A Light in the Dark", due in Europe on May 29 (May 26 in Germany) via SPV and U.S. in early June. The album will include a new version of the classic "Watch the Children Pray" as a tribute to vocalist David Wayne, who passed away in May 2005.

Guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof, who doubled as sound engineer and producer during the recordings, promises an offering featuring all the important trademarks of typical METAL CHURCH tracks. "Before our new drummer Jeff Plate joined the band, I would have claimed that the new album will be a traditional heavy metal album through and through," he said. "Now I'm not so sure; we may end up experimenting with the odd unusual idea, but we'll stay within the framework defined by the band's history. 'A Light in the Dark' will represent what the name METAL CHURCH has been standing for for the last twenty years."

"A Light in the Dark"

01. Light in the Dark

02. More Than Your Master

03. Disappear

04. Pill for the Kill

05. Mirror of Lies

06. Light Machine

07. Blinded by Life

08. Beyond All Reason

09. Under the Gun

10. Caught Up

11. No Remainds

12. Watch the Children Play (tribute)

user posted image

Ja sam prezadovoljan.

Mislim..album nije kao nista iz ranijeg perioda, ali je "lights year away" bolji i od Masterpisa i WOtW.

"A Light In The Dark" je jedna od najboljih MC pesama zasigurno i kad gi gledam na leto nadacu se sa istom zestinom da otvore ili sa ovim ili "Ton Of Bricks". Dakle razbijachki dobri riffovi bre..

Od ostalih pesama izdvojio bih "Mirror Of Lies", ultimativna powerashka pesma. "Temple Of The Sea" traje 10 minuta ali je izuzetno dobra kompozicija, "Son Of The son" ima kul riff ali refren malo smori..Pill For The Kill takodje dobra, ali vrhunac albuma je "Watch The Children Pray" re-recording...znachi nema rechi da se ova pesma opishe i ova verzija je isto fantastichna kao i originalna samo sto je zvuk normalno bolji..

Dakle, stvarno odlichan MC effort..nisam ochekivao..

Јеси ли то слушао "Blessing In Disguise"? е, ако ти се то свидело, узми неки од прва два албума са Дејвидом Вејном. Satisfaction guaranteed!

Odmah da ti kazem od prva ne da nema bolje, nego i da se ne trudish da trazish. A i nijedan kasniji album im nije kao prva dva.

Ako volish Live albume, nabavi Live iz 84e sas Vejnom samo prva dva albuma..

Shto se tiche albuma daljih sa Howe-om...u principu im stvarno nishta ne fali, s tim shto su malko vishe mekshi. "Blessing In Disguise" je mozda i najkreativniji MC album, i to im je bre asterpeace pravi! "Hanging In The Balance" je powerastiji i malo brzi, "Human FActor" takodje s tim shto on chak malo vuche i na prva dva albuma..

toliko od mene..

a ko hoce da chuje ima "Mirror Of Lies" na http://www.mp3.com/metal-church/artists/4200/summary.html

..sa novog albuma pesma jelte

• 1 month later...

According to MTV.com, a new DVD series called "Dynamo Classic Concert 1991" will launch this fall via Escapi Music with a performance by METAL CHURCH filmed that year at the Dynamo Open Air Festival in Eindhoven, Holland. Other bands that played Dynamo that year include ARMORED SAINT, MORBID ANGEL, EXTREME, OBITUARY, PRIMUS and SAIGON KICK. The METAL CHURCH DVD is scheduled for release October 10.

There's a light...in the daaaaarrrrrk icon_rockdevil.gif