Gridlink

Grobodan

• 1 month later...

Jon Chang napusta bend, a po ovome sto je napisao, deluje da bend vise nece raditi, ovo je poslednji koncert bio na klipu:

Last night was the end of a road that started for me in 1991, when I met first met Rob Marton and started a band with him that would snowball into Discordance Axis. Thirty two years later, after two incredible nights at Saint Vitus Bar, I have opted to quit while I am ahead.
Yes, I have said that before. In all fairness, No One Knows What The Dead Think was a surprise (I never expected Rob Marton to approach me with a new album) and after a decade, I didn't think Takafumi wanted to work together again either. After his incredible recovery, he had launched a solo project as well as several other bands - all of which were performing and releasing new material regularly.
Bryan had also moved on and was building a body of work with his new bands Cognizant - GRIND and Trucido.
But then Hydrahead shut down for good. After a number of conversations with interested labels, I decided that Willowtip would be the best home for my body of work, including Discordance Axis, Hayaino Daisuki and of course, GridLink.
A few weeks later, I received a demo from Takafumi with several new tracks, originally intended as bonus songs for the anticipated re-release of the GL discography. However, as soon as I heard them, I knew they were the beginning of something much bigger. After not having put pen to paper in years, I was writing lyrics the same day he sent me the demo.
After we confirmed Bryan was in, we recruited Mauro and then Rory to complete the line up that would record "Coronet Juniper", in February, 2023. Let me take a moment to extend my thanks to Willowtip Records. This entire release would not have been possible without their patience and support.
While I cannot speak for the rest of the band, "Coronet Juniper" was not only a challenge to prepare for, but extremely demanding to maintain the chops to deliver on in a live setting. At my age, the time required for such a emotionally and physically intense performance goes far beyond rehearsals. After six months, calisthenic gym sessions 3-5x a week really took a toll on my left knee and right hip. The reality is, I am no longer able to deliver to the level I demand of myself, and I will not cheat you with a studio enhanced or lack luster live delivery.
This music means too much to me to turn it into a business.
So thank you for 20 years of support with GridLink, and 30 years of extreme music. And for those of you who have supported my other work outside music, I am in your debt.