Killswitch Engage

azal

• 3 weeks later...

OVERCAST, the long-defunct influential Massachusetts band which featured in its ranks KILLSWITCH ENGAGE bassist Mike D'Antonio and SHADOWS FALL singer Brian Fair, has reunited and will be will be playing this year's New England Metal And Hardcore Festival on Saturday, April 29. In addition, the band will be re-recording 10-14 classic tracks and laying down two previously unreleased songs for a full length album entitled "Reborn to Kill Again", in May 2006. Adam Dutkiewicz (KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) has signed on as producer of this endeavor for which a label deal has yet to be announced.

Regarding their decision to re-record classic material, OVERCAST said in a statement, "Simply put, we are having the time of our lives hanging together and playing these old songs again. We feel as if we are breathing new life into this dead material. Suddenly the ambition to 'one up' ourselves has returned, more thirsty than ever. But most importantly, our main reason is due to the overwhelming excitement of the old skool fans, even to this day. For the kids who have shown us MUCH love over the years by coming up to us at shows and telling us how much they appreciated OVERCAST. These people have provided us with the greatly needed encouragement and enthusiasm we have been lacking. They have given us a vision to try this band one more time. For them we dedicate our new found time and energy towards this recording. We consider it an honor that some of you still care."

From August 1991 to November 1998, five people had an obsession with music entitled OVERCAST. Motivated by having fun and playing songs that went against the grain, the band stayed true to themselves by writing music they wanted to play ... fashionable or not. Money was never an issue back then mainly because there wasn't any to be had. Sometimes the group would play for gas money, most times for far far less. Only through sacrifice and perseverance did they make it work. First-hand experience and trial and error provided their path. They had no one to rely on but themselves. Years and years of weekend warrior tours took them places they normally would never have gone or seen. It was indeed a time they still reflect on and a time they will never forget.

But all things come to an end. After years of being turned down by labels, skimped out on by promoters, and a general sense of the band being too much of an albatross to continue ... in 1998 OVERCAST disbanded. Heartbroken and emotionally taxed, they went their separate ways. Brian joined SHADOWS FALL (a band who had opened for OVERCAST on many occasions), Mike started working on a project called KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. Guitarist Pete Cortese continued writing and ended up in a band called SEEMLESS. Guitarist Scott McCooe began playing bass in TRANSIENT. Drummer Jay Fitzgerald formed and played in many bands, finally settling down in the band TUNNEL DRILL.

Now eight years have passed since OVERCAST was an active band. All of a sudden the stars have aligned, the planets have shifted, and old friends find themselves back home with substantial amounts for free time. OVERCAST is reborn.

TOOOO JEBOOOTE!!!!! icon_exclaim.gif

!!!!!!...&%/$...!!..??...)(&%...!!!!!!....!!!!!... pa da li je to moguće!!!..???...!!!

Nemam rechi da opishem koliko sam srećna za OVERCAST!!!! 8 JEBENIH GODINA.... Pogotovu mi je drago zbog Mike D.-a, jer znam koliko mu je Overcast znachio... (a pride, taj chovek je pakleno vredan... zasluzuje!)

Koja je to jebena snaga... 8 godina gradish jedan san i on se srushi. Tebi se srushi ceo svet, ali smognesh snage da nastavish.... (i to na taj nachin shto, sasvim bezazleno, napravish revoluciju americhkog metala, tako shto svetu ponudish Killswitch Engage (Mike) i Shadows Fall (Brian)!!!! icon_exclaim.gificon_smile.gif)

CAREVI!!!

Respect Mike D.!

Respect Brian Fair!

Sve najbolje OVERCAST-u od srca!!!!

OVO JE PREVISHE LEPA VEST... icon_rockdevil.gif

ali ovo:

Animals with exo-skeletons - when you eat them, you gain their power!

Which reminds me... ''Exoskeletal junction at the railroad delayed...'' ph34r.gifzuba.gif

Adam D. - to good to be true!! icon_rockdevil.gif

Turn to the 14 year old girl next to you and mosh her training bra off!

znas sta je meni mnogo do jaja, kad oni likovi iz All That Remains mole da ih povedu na turneju, it's like soooooooo coooooool

A od Jesse-a mi je naj ono

tiriri-ram-tam-tam...Teach MeEe...tiriri-ram-tam-tam...To Inscribe These Words...AUOUPON MY HUEART!!!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

znas sta je meni mnogo do jaja, kad oni likovi iz All That Remains mole da ih povedu na turneju, it's like soooooooo coooooool

To su ovi iz Everytime I Die... 233.gif .... ''First Halle Barry wins Oscars.. then Howard Jones sings for a band!'' icon_smile.gif

''He gave me a copy of that shit, which changed our band. Because I knew at that point, NU metal was dead! I knew it!'' Dalas //God Forbid icon_smile.gif

.... kako sam se tu najezila musik19.gificon_cool.gif

''Me and my brother looked at eachother. We immediately... ahmmm... First we contemlated suicide!'' Doc, God Forbid icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif