Whitesnake

Volvox

Danas sam nakon dugo vremena slušao WS jer sam sređivao ID tagove za mp3 fajlove... I poslušao sam prva dva solo albuma Northwinds i Whitesnake - više su R&B nego rock, i malo su me smorili - ali mi je zato Live... In The Heart of The City odlično sjeo... Prejaka svirka, a i Coverdale zvuči odlično, ali za svaki slučaj tu su i muški i ženski prateći vokali...

Jebiga, ne mozete da zamislite koliko je maaaaaaalo falilo da koncert bude u Beogradu... Pare su bile sredjene, bukvalno se cekao telefonski poziv koji ce potvrditi... i nista, nije im odgovarao datum. :cry:

Ali bice tog koncerta, u Beogradu ima ljudi koji su jako zalegli za ideju Whitesnake-a i mislim da ih mozemo ocekivati ovde za vreme prve sledece turneje biggrin.gifa:

Inace, da li se neko seca Hita dana na 3K kada ih je Jugoslav Pantelic (znameniti Fest-o-organizator tongue.gifsmile.gif ) nazvao Vit Snajk smile.gif

E ljudi skrša, čitam recenzije na amazonu, evo šta jedan lik kaže za Slide It In:

(Recenzija je pozitivna, dao je 5 zvjezdica) ... Okay, so maybe some of the lyrics are sexist, but I don't care! (What do you expect from somebody who named their band WHITESNAKE? Think about it folks!)...

Kvalitet. Mislite o tome.

I'm tired of waiting

An' closing my eyes

I'm asking myself

Why is it all my horizons

Are so far away

I look in the mirror

Don't like what I see

In my reflection

A stranger is staring at me

Looking for love

The love of a woman

The needs of a man

I try so hard to belive

But I don't understand

The search goes on

But over the mountains

Across the sea

I know love is waiting

I hear it calling to me

Calling my name...

:cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whitesnake jesu bili veliki i odlican bend.Medjutim morate shvatiti da je to

u stvari bio projekat.Coverdalle je u osamdesetim koristio slavu koju je st-

ekao sedamdesetih i nije cudo sto je tako veliki broj dobrih muzicara prosao kroz bend [promenili su preko dvadeset postava].Imao je otvoren

put ka svetskom uspehu i do toga je stigao na mnogo laksi nacin nego dru

gi britanski bendovi tog vremena kao recimo Maideni,Def leppard,saxon....

Ja volim Whitesnake ali su mi ipak drazi bendovi [napomenuo sam neke]

koji su se vise trudili da postignu to sto jesu.

• 2 weeks later...

Pa ono jeste bila malo pretenciozna izjava, ali je treba pročitati koji put...

Drugi nastavak Whitesnake-a (1987 pa dalje) na neki način i jeste bio projekat (odnosno svaki korak dalje je bio poseban projekat), ali originalni WS je bio pošten rhytm&blues/rock BEND (držao se originalni gitarski duo, i Lord se zadržao sve do DP okupljanja)... Jebiga, trudili su se, ali je Coverdaleu neko iz izdavačke kuće šapnuo na uvo šta bi mu dobro bilo da uradi da malo ubrza stvari...

Prva stvar koju je uradio pri promjeni smjera jeste novi remiks ploče Slide It In za američko tržište, a zatim je uslijedila pauza zbog problema sa grlom tokom koje je on uvidio šta prolazi i sledeći album tako projektovao...

1987 - tu se nema šta puno reći.

Ali Live... In The Heart Of The City - to ne može da izrodi nikakav projekat, treba imati poštovanja i za tu prvu fazu...

Inače, David Coverdale je jedini čovjek za kojeg je Gillan rekao nešto loše (u stilu 'ko vam je to rekao, ma pustite, njega ni rođena majka ne zanima') a ako je on to rekao, onda znači da ovaj jeste stvarno papak.

iz dosadasnjih poruka sam primetio da se ovde uglavnom

prica o post slide it in fazi pa sam izneo sta mislim o tome.

gillan je imao pravo da mu to kaze.coverdalle je pre dolaska

u purple bio niko i nista.odjedanput je okacio zlatan sat o ruku

i potpuno zaboravio iz koje je rupe dosao.

morate shvatiti da coverdalle nije najbolji pevac svih vremena.

bavim se pevanjem i nije mi namera da se hvalim[to bih poslednje

uradio] .pevao sam dosta njegovih stvari i mogu vam reci da je

u dp. fazi pevao odlicno dok se ostatak karijere sveo samo na odlicnu boju glasa ,samo to i nista vise.

Pa odlicna boja glasa je upravo kljuc uspeha zar ne?

Eto npr. "Still of the night", kad se Dave pred kraj onako prodere.. Kao Jon Bon Jovi u "I'll be there for you" pred solo. To prodaje pesmu. :wink:

Za sve WS fanove, evo praznicnog poklona bas od Coverdale-a

1. http://whitesnake.com/new/newdownloads/All...The%20World.mp3

2. http://whitesnake.com/new/newdownloads/As%...0Have%20You.mp3

Enjoy! 8)

Necu to da kazem,ali je David jedan od najboljih, Liga Shampiona a Bon Jovi nije ni Uefa Kup

Ma Bon Jovi je sranje. Kako ih uopste mozes porediti.. :roll:

Anyways, svi se vidim po netu zale nesto kako Coverdale nije sto je nekad bio niti ce to ikada biti.. :roll: Po kvalitetu pevanja i svega sto ide uz to.. :|

Cak sta vise fanovi ga ocrnjuju, a ja se taman nadao nezaboravnom koncertu kod nas, ali ako je ovako lose.. :ne:

[Procitajte sve komentare, zaista zacudjujuce..]

"I'm a fan of Coverdale's but I have to say this is weak, the reviewer is absolutely right and that Ozzy (unlike many said) is not the bottom or anything close to that. In fact, he made history, David not, and I repeat: I'm a fan. This album is fullfilled of cliche. Aw, come on... Love is Blind?? Yeah, so what? We heard that dozens of times before. And what about the names? The next album will have "Love is Love", "Love is for Love", "I Love to Love", "Love Loves", "I'm in Love", "I'm not in Love". COME ON!" - SilvAndroid

WHITESNAKE

Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg

June 7th 2003

"Help me!!!!! Somebody has stolen Whitesnake – or was it just a 3rd rate cover band. A group of "only in it for the money” US “stars” with a “look how good I’m looking” attitude, but with a great looking David Coverdale sadly screaming 75% of the time and only singing 25% of the time.

I have been a HUGE fan of David Coverdale since Deep Purple and all the way with Whitesnake in the days of blues/rock, so I know my Coverdale history very well – and this was NOT the Coverdale as in the old days. The best Coverdale singing and by far the best playing of the night was Deep Purple's 'Burn' (played through the PA) just before the show. I’m sad to say, but the only hope for the real Whitesnake feeling is for David to leave the US for the UK for at least 5 years. Get this crap out of your system and get the 'Snake back to the roots, and at least get this drum machine out and a real drummer in. Good grief... he is still doing the 2595 years old drumsolo with his hands. Get a life!

I will try my best to forget this show – and to bring back the sound of Whitesnake as it should be. Plenty of CDs and videos will help me. I hope next time will be better – if not – then rest in peace Whitesnake. I know that a lot of old fans think the same – many left after a few songs."

review: Bo Poulsen, Denmark

Ovo je sramno: :cry:

The band casually strolled out on stage, and ripped into Bad Boys. Dave gave such an impressive array of old school Coverdale poses that I found myself bursting out laughing. It was all in there, except for one crucial thing. The voice! Where was it?

The layers of delay made it hard to decipher, and when he came through, he seemed worryingly out of breath and out of tune. All the reviews on Coverdale's website had been glowing with praise of his new-found strength, but I had my doubts. Rightfully so. The parade of well-wishers apparently have no recollection whatsoever of DC's past as one of rock's finest vocalists, or perhaps they simply could not tell the difference between a delayed scream and a controlled voice. Even in the lower registers I sometimes felt he failed to deliver, and the thin and frail sound to his voice even reminded me how he used to deliver a 'safe' tune such as Solider of Fortune back in the days.

I found it hard to ignore the vocal flaws, but during the first two songs it didn't matter too much as I was busy listening to the rest of the band. Timothy Drury produced layer after layer of keyboard sounds, but failed to deliver the crunch a song like Walking in the Shadow of the Blues desperately calls out for. Aldrich played immaculately, but lacked the spark I thought he'd have onstage. Mendoza on the other hand could hardly keep still, difficult not to enjoy and laugh at. The competition from the latin lounge lizard was stiff, but Reb Beach turned in a great visual performance nevertheless. Musically speaking I had few complaints about him.

In a way, they all were perfect musically, but there was something vital missing. I would probably refer to it as the feeling of a band in for it together. The music seemed to lack emotion, and I got the worrying impression that they were rushing through the songs just to get it all over and done with.

"What can I say – it was almost exactly as I expected. DC and five anonymous backing men running through a set skewed towards Slide It In era Whitesnake, providing some great moments but an overall sense of disappointment. It was my first concert at the Arena and it was the usual soulless barn, reminiscent of Wembley."

Ovo je vec previse: :ne:

"Yes, on this tour David Coverdale really does sing like an old lady! I was at Zwolle, and the show was really catastrophic. There was no medium in the sound, and Coverdale has lost all the legendary soul in his singing. Instead he screamed throughout the show. A real nightmare... What a shame for the best voice of the 70's and 80's. RIP"

singing.jpg

Things they change my friend.. :|

• 2 weeks later...

hahahaha smile.gifsmile.gif

pa o tome i pricam... '83.. Eliot je popljuvao upravo taj projekat

a kao sto rece Peter Grant(menadzer zeppelina) da je bilo makar i pomena da Page radi nesto sa Plantom(u to vreme su bili u nekoj zavadi) zadnja osoba kojoj bi se obratio je Coverdale smile.gif ... cak i "idoli" biggrin.gif ponekad naprave gresku biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Da se ipak vratimo na temu..

http://www.classicwhitesnake.com

Whitesnake - The Early Years (EMI 7243 592019 2 4)

This compilation is out on Feb 24th 2004, a single CD, part of the EMI programme of early collections of many of their major catalogue artists. The 18 tracks span the years 1978 - 1984, and only four duplicate the recent anniversary sets. Although the album features no rarities the tracks are remastered (NOT remixed) and so sound a little better than the early CD releases. Tracks included are: Walking In The Shadow Of Blues / Sweet Talker / Would I Lie To You / Trouble / Gambler / Love Hunter / Don't Break My Heart Again / Ready An' Willing / Child Of Babylon / Here I Go Again / Carry Your Load / Rough An' Ready / Wine Women An' Song / Lie Down / Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City (Live) / Fool For Your Loving (Live) / Take Me With You (Live) / We Wish You Well.

LINE-UP:

Tony Martin - Vocals

Bernie Marsden - Guitar

Micky Moody - Guitar

Neil Murray - Bass

Mark Stanway - Keyboards

Jimmy Copley - Drums

Setlist.jpg

This isn't Whitesnake with David Coverdale..but rather Whitesnake with Bernie Marsden, Micky Moody, and Neil Murray, 3 members of the original incarnation of Whitesnake. Tony Martin (Black Sabbath) is the vocalist standing in for Mr Coverdale. While many might groan and wonder what the point is with out David singing...keep in mind his version of Whitesnake barely ventures pre-Slide It In when it comes to live performances. So if you want Walking In the Shadow of the Blues or Ready and Willing, you gotta go to these guys. Also...for those who really know their Snake history..you can go ape sh** over the fact the live album also includes Young Blood and Child of Babylon...both never performed live by the original line up

Dakle buy-buy Coverdale.. 8O