Dark Tranquillity

Earendil

Povodom diskusije o Century Mediji...DT su potpisali ugovor sa njima za jos 3 albuma.Novi album se zove Character i izlazi u januaru sledece godine.

"DARK TRANQUILLITY are the originators and innovators of the melodic death style and a favorite band of the Century Media staff, so we are all extremely proud to continue the professional and very successful cooperation we’ve managed to have with the band so far,” says Leif Jensen, the label’s European director of A&R.

Nece ga ukenjati,nema sanse.Fredrik rece da je bolji od Damage Done,pa 'ajde da mu poverujemo...

Evo ti deo intervjua sa Mikaelom...

You have a new CD coming out in the fall of this year, as well. Have you finished recording already?

We’re finished. It’s all wrapped up about two months ago, so it’s kind of frustrating. I just want it out there right now (laughs). It’s an excellent recording and we finished ahead of schedule.

Did you record at Studio Fredman again?

Yes.

Did Fredrik Nordstrom produce, as well?

No, we produced it and he mixed it. That’s how we have worked the last couple of albums.

What direction are the new songs? Are they heavier like DAMAGE DONE or more experimental like PROJECTOR and HAVEN?

They are heavier than DAMAGE DONE but they are also more experimental than anything we’ve done. It’s very complex and progressive in a way…more twisted. We really wanted an album of songs that would have a longer life than our usual songs. We didn’t want to be too obvious or take an easy way out. They’re complex but definitely fast and aggressive. I think we outdid ourselves. Sometimes it’s nice to go a little nuts (laughs)!

Is there a more exact date that you can tell me when the new CD will be out? Century Media has just said tentatively in the fall of 2004.

That’s how much I know (laughs). We’ve been working on negotiating record deals and all that boring stuff.

Can you give me any song titles or maybe even an album title if you’ve decided on one yet?

There’s nothing final, but there is one song called “One Thought” that we just played this weekend for the first time. There’s a song called “My Negation.” We’re probably going to change some of the titles, so it’s still too early to really say.

Edited by grave

ENGLISH VERSION:

New worldwide deal with Century Media, new EP release in November, upcoming full studio album in January, new video clip, special UK X-Mas show and full European tour with Kreator announced!

After the release of the bands very own audio treasure vault entitled “Exposures – In Retrospect And Denial” in May of 2004, it’s now about time to look forwards:

New EP in November:

All supporters of modern and melodic death metal tunes made in Sweden should look forward to Monday, November 15th 2004: That’s the European release date of the brand new, specially-priced “Lost To Apathy EP” by DARK TRANQUILLITY via Century Media Records! Here is the track-list:

DARK TRANQUILLITY – “Lost To Apathy EP” (17:33)

European street date: November 15th, 2004

1. Lost To Apathy (4:37) [album-version, taken from upcoming album “Character”]

2. Derivation TNB (3:25) [Non-Album track]

3. The Endless Feed [Chaos Seed Remix] (3:56)

4. UnDo Control [Live] (5:25]

+ Lost To Apathy (Video Clip Enhancement)

+ DT Screensaver

New Video Clip:

The band’s new amazing video clip for the EP’s title track “Lost To Apathy” was recently shot in Gothenburg, Sweden with director Roger Johansson / Bobby Works, who has already worked with bands like The Haunted, In Flames or HammerFall in the past. Photos from the shooting can be viewed at: http://www.darktranquillity.com/media/ltavid.html

New Album in January 2005:

The EP with video clip should serve as a highly-anticipated taster and value for money item for all faithful DT fans. The new DARK TRANQUILLITY studio album is entitled “Character” and exceeds all expectations, combining all the band’s beloved trademarks with skilled song-writing and relentless modern heaviness. Release dates will be January 24th in Europe and January 25th in North America. Look out!

Touring all over the place:

In perfect timing for the band’s new album, DARK TRANQUILLITY will be supporting thrash metal icons KREATOR all over Europe on the lengthy “Enemy Of God” tour from February 2nd to March 5th, 2005. Two more support acts will be announced soon! Check out www.centurymedia.de for a complete list of dates!

Previous to that comprehensive tour, DARK TRANQUILLITY have just been confirmed to appear on a very special Metal Hammer sponsored UK one-off show together with label mates Arch Enemy and The Haunted:

Metal Hammer presents: Hammered At Xmas

Dark Tranquillity + Arch Enemy + The Haunted

17.12.2004 London (UK) - The Forum

New worldwide deal with CMR:

Good news so far, huh? Well, we have even more: DARK TRANQUILLITY recently extended their deal with Century Media Records!

Leif Jensen, European A&R of Century Media comments, “DARK TRANQUILLITY are the originators and innovators of the Melodic Death Metal style and a total favourite band for Century Media’s staff, so we are all extremely proud about the professional and very successful co-operation we managed to have with the band so far! And this is only the beginning because the band has signed a new worldwide contract with Century Media and we are looking forward to break new ground for them with their outstanding next album “Character”. This one won’t leave you unimpressed…watch out!”

The band adds, "We are exceptionally satisfied to announce that we've chosen to continue our cooperation with Century Media for another three albums. After lengthy negotiations with several prolific labels, the dotted line was finally signed and we have full confidence that we've made the right choice and that there are some excellent years ahead - both for us and for Century Media. As some of you know, the new CD is already recorded and mixed, and the response for the live previews of the song "One Thought" has been truly great throughout the summer festivals, so we're eagerly anticipating the release of the album."

More news and details can be found at:

http://www.darktranquillity.com

http://www.centurymedia.de

pivopije.gif

tek u januaru??

u jebem ti.. a ja sam mislio da će malo ranije. jer koliko sam čuo, album je gotov.

sad im je šansa da postanu najveći melo death bend u istoriji. ako ovaj album ukenjaju, biće katastrofa laugh.gif

pa bas da postanu najveci melo bend ... tesko na 7. albumu ako nisu do sada nece ni sad icon_razz.gif

Moram da priznam da bas nevidjeno jedva cekam taj album .. posto stvarno nemam ideju kakav ce da bude - DTu su svi albumi do jaja razliciti, i zanima me kako ce oni da se uklope u dosta modernijem zvuku koji sada ima vecina gothb bendova ... icon_da.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Preslusavam MCD "Lost To Apathy" ...

1. Derivation TNB - Neko shaputanje na jastuku ... ne vidim neku svrhu ovakve pesme

2. Lost To Apathy - To je to !!! Stari dobri Tranquility !!!! Ovakve bi trebalo da su sve pesme !!!!

3. The endless feed (Chaos Seed Remix) - Shaputanje na jastuku No.2 - ne odusevljava me. Mozda ce posle par slusanja malo bolje da legne. Spora je i nema neku posebnu melodiju.

4. Undo control (live) - live ... ok...

Ovaj single nije nista extra. Nadam se da ce album biti malo dinamicniji. Naslovna numera pokazuje da jos uvek znaju kako se to radi, ali ove 2 spore stvari me malo brinu ... i ova live je isto spora.

Edited by solicitor

DARK TRANQUILLITY singer Mikael Stanne recently spoke with Portugal's LOUD! magazine about the band's upcoming album, "Character", due in Europe on January 24 and North America on January 25 via Century Media Records. The Swedish band recently released an EP, entitled "Lost to Apathy", as a teaser for the upcoming full-length. It includes four songs, a video-clip (for the title track) and a screensaver. Several excerpts from Stanne's interview with LOUD! follow:

On "Lost to Apathy":

"If you like that song, you'll like the rest of the album… that's at least how I feel about it. It's a good indication of where the album is leading, but… I don't know, it's something that we did with the record company just to show off the record. We were really divided on the subject, actually. All six of us got different opinions of which song we should pick for this release, so we just let the record company decide and in the end I think it's the right choice. There are also a couple of the songs on the EP that are exclusive to this release… One is a remix of a song off the album ['The Endless Feed (Chaos Seed Remix)'], we just decided to focus on the electronic elements and tried to do something different from the original version, which is more

guitar-oriented. The other one ['Derivation TNB'] is actually bits and pieces of different tracks on the record… we took some melodies, give them a different treatment and came up with kind of a trailer to the album."

On "Character":

"The album is very diverse. There are songs that are heavier, other ones that are much more complex and a couple of others that are really fast. Overall I feel it's more varied and also much angrier, the whole thing just fells different. We wanted to make an album that wasn't that easy… We don't want people to listen to one of our records today and think it sounds great, just to forget about it two weeks later. We

tried to do something that sticks with the listener, which they can explore over a long period of time. I personally haven't got tired of it yet, so I think we managed to do it pretty well — we didn't want to be too obvious with this one. It was actually kind of a conscious effort to do it this way… We love music with a progressive edge and we played around with these songs for months, worked every little detail to make it as interesting as possible [for us] to play."

On the recording process:

"We worked again at Studio Fredman but we did it all by ourselves, we actually didn't have a producer working with us. We fell pretty comfortable and think it's easier to do it this way; we just need a good studio and [we] were left alone for a couple of weeks. It's not a big production or anything like that… We have a pretty good idea of how the material should sound and basically just try to get the sound that we have in our rehearsal place in the studio. We spent so much time writing these songs that we didn't even feel the need to bring an outside ear to the recordings; we have plenty of different ideas between each other. Fredrik Nordström just came along in the end, to mix the tracks… And that was it. We finished it some time ago, but it still sounds fresh and everybody's totally happy with the final result."

On the new record deal:

"Actually we had some other offers and that was one of the reasons why the album got a bit delayed, but… We heard all these bands complaining about their labels, terrible stories about record companies and know that most of them are true. We talked to a lot of people and just decided to sign a new deal with Century Media. It's not easy to talk with someone at a big company, some of these labels try to control everything about the band and we were obviously not interested in that. We know that the people at the label are metal fans and really care about what we do, so there was no big reason to change. Thankfully we've always been really lucky with the labels we worked with and that feels really good."

DARK TRANQUILLITY will be teaming up with long-running German thrashers KREATOR for the "Enemy of God Tour 2005" beginning in February 2005. Also appearing on the bill will be Hungarian hardcore/thrash metallers EKTOMORF and Danish thrashers HATESPHERE.

kratak intervju sa stanne-om.. nego, ide li neko odavde u zagreb da ih gleda? tražim društvo za voz biggrin.gif