Chimaira

fiction

• 2 months later...

Vocalist Mark Hunter of Cleveland, Ohio metallers CHIMAIRA has released the following statement:

"I would like to start off by thanking our fans for a great tour. This last run was a blast, and truly the most fun we’ve had in a long while. The energy from the audience was exactly what we needed, and a welcoming return. Thank you, guys!

"Unfortunately, as much fun as we were having, behind the scenes we were aware of some unfortunate realities that prevented us from 'living the dream' and having the time of our lives. We had another bomb to drop on the fans.

"Early in July, we were informed that Rob Arnold [guitar] and Matt DeVries [guitar] would be leaving CHIMAIRA at the end of 2011. Of course, this was a huge blow, but there were no hard feelings. We understand that life invades art, everything runs its course, and we have to take different paths. We respect their decision and wish them only the best. We made heavy metal history together and that is all that matters at the end of the day. 'Chimaira Christmas 12' will be their last show, and we've been preparing to make it one that you'll never forget.

"I would personally like to thank Rob and Matt for all of their hard work, years of service to CHIMAIRA, amazing songs, and for their friendship. Together we built something special that will remain for generations to come.

"I'm looking forward to spending another five weeks on the road with two of the best (and criminally underrated) guitarists in modern metal.

"What's next for CHIMAIRA in 2012? More on that very soon.

"Rather than try and make light of unpleasant news, or downplay this by hyping up a new lineup, let's take a few to honor Rob and Matt. My favorite solo of Rob's is on 'The Heart Of It All' and my favorite riff of Matt's is 'The Dehumanizing Process'. I'll be cranking those today. What about you?"

Ja ne znam kako Hunter planira da i dalje gura ime "Chimaira". Kompletna postava je otishla. Cenim da ce da bude razuman, pa ce sa novima da pravi novi bend... ili mu ime nosi neke pare i popularnost, pa se odluchi na fusharenje.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

CHIMAIRA has entered the studio to begin recording its new album for a tentative summer release via eOne Music. The follow-up to 2011's "The Age Of Hell" is expected to include the track "I Despise", which the band debuted during the 13th annual Chimaira Christmas concert on December 29, 2012 at Cleveland, Ohio's House Of Blues.

CHIMAIRA's current lineup is as follows:

Mark Hunter - Vocals

Matt Szlachta (DIRGE WITHIN) - Guitar

Jeremy Creamer (DAATH) - Bass

Emil Werstler (DAATH) - Guitar

Sean Zatorsky (DAATH) - Keyboards

Austin D'Amond (BLEED THE SKY, THE ELITE) - Drums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...