Van Halen

Gothic Angel

Brate,slazem se ja sa tobom da je VH 3 najgori njihov album,ali,svaki bend ima svoj los period...Muzicki ima stvari na tom albumu koje su super,ali,opet su bolje.

Voleo bih da cujem ove nove stvari sa Sammy-em sa kompilacije "Best of Both Worlds"...tu ima nekoliko novih pesama.

Ako je VH 3 bio slabiji od ostalih,to ne znaci da ce i sledeci album biti sranje...

• 6 months later...

Roth Hot for Van Halen Reunion

05/26/2006 2:49 PM, E! Online

Josh Grossberg

David Lee Roth is ready to jump for Van Halen again.

After he was unceremoniously booted from his morning show in April, four months after replacing Howard Stern on CBS Radio, Diamond Dave opened up about his future job prospects, telling Billboard he foresees a day when he and his old bandmates are bound for a reunion.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told the magazine. "There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management; Irv Azoff is part of their loop now."

But will the rest of Van Halen's members welcome back their first and most popular vocalist, who led the heavy metal band to superstardom, with open arms?

"To me, it's not rocket surgery," added Roth. "It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like What'shername says to What'shername at the end of the movie Chicago--so what? It's showbiz! So, I definitely see it happening."

It was during the acrobatic frontman's tenure from 1974 to 1985 that Van Halen scored its greatest success on the charts, with such classic rock gems as "Jump," "Hot For Teacher," "Panama," "Jamie's Cryin'," "Dance the Night Away" and "Runnin' With the Devil," among others.

But bad blood between Roth and guitarist Eddie Van Halen, bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen surfaced over his increasingly showman-like stage antics. After the release of Van Halen's sixth and most acclaimed album, 1984, the flamboyant crooner left the group in 1985 and launched a middling solo career.

He was replaced by Sammy Hagar and Van Halen entered a softer, more pop-oriented phase (an era many fans refer to as the Van Hagar years).

The original lineup did get back together briefly in 1996, when Roth was invited to join Eddie and the boys in the studio to record two new songs for Van Halen's Best of Vol. 1. However, a bizarre appearance by the foursome at the MTV Video Music Awards that year revealed the old tensions were still there.

Talk of a full-blown reunion has been on and off since then, heating up in 1999 after Van Halen ended their two-year ill-fated collaboration with their third frontman, Gary Cherone.

Instead, the rockers went on a four-year hiatus, only to resurface in 2004 with a second greatest-hits album and a modestly successful summer reunion tour fronted by Hagar, who returned to his solo career shortly thereafter.

Meanwhile, when he wasn't touring on his own tours or recording solo albums such as 1988's experimental Skyscraper or 1990's more conventional rocker, A Little Ain't Enough, the "Just a Gigolo" singer wrote his autobiography, Crazy From the Heat and tried his hand at being an EMT before turning to radio.

Roth took over the morning drive slot from Stern on CBS Radio in January after the shock jock jumped to Sirius Satellite Network, but low ratings prompted his ousting in April and he was replaced by Opie & Anthony.

However, rumors of a Van Halen reunion got going again when the rocker told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he had spoken with Anthony and that a reuion was in the offing.

Whether it happens or not, Roth plans to press ahead with his own tour this summer, telling Billboard he's looking forward to playing all the old Van Halen hits with a large band he's assembling.

"I'm so proud of that music," he added. "I like to bring out the brass section now and the keyboard players and the singers and so forth. It's probably a little closer to the Rolling Stones revue than to the early three-piece power trio."

Jedna od bitnih stvari, prilikom tog uvezbavanja krajem '96. kada su snimili one dve cemerne pesme koje su zavrsile na Best Of-u, uvideli su da Dave vise ne moze da otpeva stare stvari. Glas mu je prilicno riknuo. Verovatno je i bolje da ih vise ne vidimo zajedno, nego da zvuci onako kako ja pretpostavljam da bi to izgledalo... icon_sad.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Prvi album..dakle...Van Halen I..ne vadim ga iz liste..pustim samo taj album da mi se ponavlja i odem da spavam i budim se uz eruption...Genijalan..prejeben..nesvakidashnji...najmocniji TopXXX album..jebote!!!!!! Za minus bih verovatno uzeo tekstove, ali uz odlichan Rothov glas..who cares!

Dvojku sam slushao takodjer..i fin je album, ali daleko od keca.."Bottoms Up" se tu izdvaja..

FUCK mi se svideo izprva..al vec posle drugog/treceg slushanja sam ga izbrisao sa kompa..

Inache smetaju mi i Jump i Panama(what's the fuckity fuck with this song?)

Ok.."Girl Gone Bad" isto moze da udje u kosh dobrih..i na House Of Pain zaboravih..al ostalo NE.

I can barely see the road from the heat...

F.U.C.K. bi možda bi i najbolji album, u Van Hogar eri, naravno.

A i nema ih puno, ćinjenica.

Moram priznati da mi se na svakom od Van Hogar albuma sviđa poneka pjesma, međutim, nije to - to.

A "Hot for Teacher", ako i nije najbolja, svakako ima najjači spot.

Ko nije gledao, hitro.

Meni je jedna od jačih stvari "Light Up the Sky", a tu je i "DOA"...

Dobar bend, majku mu. laugh.gif

A i nema ih puno, ćinjenica.

Moram priznati da mi se na svakom od Van Hogar albuma sviđa poneka pjesma, međutim, nije to - to.

Ni tu se ne slazem...

Tebi se mopzda svidja manje,ali,ja mislim da je svaka VH era prica za sebe i da je svaka dobra na svoj nacin,ne uporedjujem to.Jedino mogu da uporedim glasovne mogucnosti DLR i SH,gde SH dobija.I sam je Michael Anthony rekao da,kada je usao Sammy,da je Eddie mogao da svira sta je hteo,jer je Sammy mogao SVE da peva.

A i ta fora "Van Hagar" je glupa i popela mi se vise... no.gif

icon_smile.gif Sad vec seres icon_smile.gif .

Dave se dosta proseravao,zato vise gotivim Sammy-a kao lika i kao pevaca(ali njihove VH ere ne uporedjujem i dalje).Dave je insistirao da se odradi onaj "Dancin' in the Street",iako je Eddie bio bas protiv.No,tvrdim da svako ima svoj smek i da je svako cool na svoj nacin.

Inace,Dave je skoro zahtevao da se ponovo okupi stari VH,a da sviraju muziku tipa Chemical Brothers,sto dokazuje da je puk'o totalno.Naravno,ovi su ga oterali u pizdu materinu icon_smile.gificon_rockdevil.gif

Dave je jos u vreme najvecih uspeha benda smatran za "Las Vegas Type" zabavljaca. Sto na srpskom znaci - klovn. Meni je to bezveze, mnogo mi je bitniji kvalitet pevanja. K'o kad bih slusao Kiss zato sto imaju zanimljiv make up, a ne zbog pesama koje izvode. Iz tog razloga sam na strani Hagara.

A da ne spominjem one Daveove idiotarije kako je ON ostale clanove nacinio milionerima i sl. Mozda je to njegovo bulaznjenje nekome zanimljivo... meni je bitno sta je i kako otpevao.

Moja lista albuma:

1. F.U.C.K., 5150, I i 1984.

2. Svi ostali.