As the climate grows more and more desperate for record labels, their answer to their mostly self-inflicted wounds seems to be to screw the consumer over even more. A couple of examples that quickly come to mind:

* The ABSURD retail pricing of Year Zero in Australia. Shame on you, UMG. Year Zero is selling for $34.99 Australian dollars ($29.10 US). No wonder people steal music. Avril Lavigne's record in the same store was $21.99 ($18.21 US). By the way, when I asked a label rep about this his response was: "It's because we know you have a real core audience that will pay whatever it costs when you put something out - you know, true fans. It's the pop stuff we have to discount to get people to buy."

So... I guess as a reward for being a "true fan" you get ripped off.

* The dreaded EURO Maxi-single. Nothing but a consumer rip-off that I've been talked into my whole career. No more.

The point is, I am trying my best to make sure the music and items NIN puts in the marketplace have value, substance and are worth you considering purchasing. I am not allowing Capital G to be repackaged into several configurations that result in you getting ripped off.

We are planning a full-length remix collection of substance that will be announced soon.

The bottom line is that record labels are scared to death that they will soon be without a job. A relatively free distribution vehicle is already there: the Internet. Soon, groups such as NIN will sell directly to the Internet and completely circumvent record labels. Do we really need CDs? If DVDs with complete audio, video, and special features can be sold for $10 and still make money, why do CDs cost more when the content is obviously less? Charge a reasonable price and most people won't steal!

all bow to mighty trent reznor...

• 4 weeks later...

Rekoh samo da podignem temu. :rolleyes:

Dakle, juce sam po prvi put gledao mitoloski Broken Movie, koji je btw 30.12. '06. 'procurio' u DVD formatu. Sve sto mogu reci je vrlo, vrlo uznemirujuce (Trent je jednom rekao da Broken Movie "...makes 'Happiness in Slavery' look like a Disney movie").

Vise o svemu ovome procitati na http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_%28movie%29

Torrent link http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3586323/Nine_I...igh-Quality_DVD

200px-Brokenmovie.jpg

To je to. Ali ja imam taj DVD već nekih 5 godina. Otkud je to novost?? Taj DVD je snimljen negde 1995. i originalno je izašao na VHSu i na bonus disku reizdanja albuma. Nego, mene zanima da li neko ima starije koncerte NINa (video snimke)?? Ja imam možda nekih 6-7 koncerata ali se uglavnom od 1990. pa nadalje. Interesuju me bukvalno bootlezi.

To je to. Ali ja imam taj DVD već nekih 5 godina. Otkud je to novost?? Taj DVD je snimljen negde 1995. i originalno je izašao na VHSu i na bonus disku reizdanja albuma. Nego, mene zanima da li neko ima starije koncerte NINa (video snimke)?? Ja imam možda nekih 6-7 koncerata ali se uglavnom od 1990. pa nadalje. Interesuju me bukvalno bootlezi.

Tacnije copyright je 1993, i ti vjerovatno imas ovu, kako je zovu prvu verziju.

This copy was traded on VHS tapes for years (resulting in many poor-quality, high-generation copies), and was later encoded in MPEG and AVI formats and distributed extensively through peer-to-peer networks and Nine Inch Nails fan websites. These are generally not of the highest quality, as they are not first-generation copies.

Ja sam govorio o ovom (ver 2.0, DVD kvalitet!):

On December 30, 2006, an unofficial version of the film was released on a DVD disc image and distributed via BitTorrent at The Pirate Bay by an anonymous user, representing a significant upgrade in visual and audio quality from "Broken 2.0." This copy of the film includes the video for "Help Me I Am in Hell." Fans have speculated that this version of the film has been sourced directly from the master tapes, and that Reznor himself may have been the source of this leak along with the Closure DVD leak, as implied by a post on his official blog: "12/21/06 : Happy Holidays! This one is a guilt-free download. (shhhh - I didn't say that out loud). If you know what I'm talking about, cool."

kkkm..... Spotovi koji se nalaze u tom "filmu" su uvek bili dostupni u DVD kvalitetu a jedino što je bilo lošijeg - tačnije VHS kvaliteta - bio je film "Broken" koji se prožima IZMEĐU SPOTOVA. 2006 je samo izbačen film sa poboljšanim kvalitetom dotičnog među filma. I u tome je cela filozofija.

• 1 month later...

slazem se.......bas je dobar.........ja mnogo volim da ga slusam.........i uvek mogu........pa kad vec dovode sve te grupe, i napokon smo se pokrenuli po tom pitanju.........ima u poslednje vreme dosta dobrih koncerata......mozda i mozemo da ocekujemo i NIN........ima on dosta fanova, verujem da bi koncert bio popunjen.......

ja sam ih gledao u Becu. Koncert koj je trajao sat ipo pun energije, bio je fenomenalan. Prvo kod nas oni nema gde da sviraju. Kad sam video kakvu salu imaju nemci, i kakvo je ozvucenje odusevio sam se. Bend je bio lud totlano i pored toga sto im je to bio drugi dan koncerta u Becu imali su energije i lepo su to odradili. Svidja mi se sto im je zvuk ostao u njihovom poznatom stilu, pa cak i ovaj novi album je ok. Malo se Trent uobrazio pa malo gleda sa visine, ali opet dobar je.

Svidja mi se i gledao bi ga uvek..................