HIP-HOP

Kox

• 2 weeks later...

booyakasha

As if the incredible music wasn't already enticing enough, Aesop wanted to pair the tunes up with some visuals. Once again, he enlisted the talented director Rob Shaw, who masterfully crafted a shot-by-shot recreation of Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining… in miniature! (And slightly sped up to match the length of the album). You've gotta see this!

:haha: :rockdevil:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

mozda najbolji aesop album ikad?

mnogo direktniji, bitovi su ludnica, toliko dobrih pesama, obradjuje sve tema na neki mnogo pozitivan nacin.

Shrunk je koliko sam skapirao o poseti psihijatru, mega dobro.

Dorks vrh, Lotta Years presmesno. bas mnogo mnogo dobar album.

zaklao Aesop, fantazija od albuma. izjednačujuće direktan, nije uobičajeno da većinski iz prve skapiraš o čemu su pesme :haha:

masa sjajnih stvari, zasad Water Tower možda favorit, ovaj arcade beat mi vuče na Perturbator malo :haha: i još Lazy Eye, Mystery Fish, Dorks, Lotta Years, Syrup... vrhčina

Aesop Rock

4 mins ·

I thought I'd take a second to briefly sum up the songs and subjects covered on The Impossible Kid. These are very short explanations, but should give some general direction on what you're hearing.

Mystery Fish - This song is about the alley I lived on in San Francisco for 7 years. Wild place but a lot of great memories.

Rings - This is about my failed endeavors as a visual artist and feeling some regret for slowing down on my studies in that arena.

Lotta Years - This is about observing today’s youth and feeling old.

Dorks - This is about the music industry, tastemakers, artists, critics, and messages pumped out into the community through all related channels. It deals with the divide I see between the art, the artist, the image, and how music media gets to steer the conversation more than the actual creators do.

Rabies - This is about living in the woods, feeling like eyes are watching you from deep in the trees, feeling like you’re becoming the forest, war paint, strange noises, all that good stuff.

Supercell - This is about the holidays and choosing not to go home to see my family. It talks about the kinds of thoughts and inner dialogue that takes place in those times.

Blood Sandwich - This is two stories from childhood, one highlights my younger brother, and the other my older brother.

Get Our of the Car - This talks about the death of Camu Tao in 2008, and the adversity I’ve faced since. Sometimes we think we’re all healed up and moving forward, but then one day you realize you never actually dealt with the first loss in a manner that enabled you to steer through the following years in the most productive way.

Shrunk - This is about going to the psychiatrist, and taking a slightly humorous angle on attempting to get the most out of the work I put in in that arena.

Kirby - This is about my cat, Kirby.

TUFF - This is kind of my pre-therapy moment, losing control and going a little batty. It’s like the song you make before you say to yourself “ok maybe I should go get some help” - but not really in a dark way, more in a scattered and hopefully humorous way.

Lazy Eye - This was about an attempt to really pull myself together and try to feel good about my accomplishments in music thus far - something I rarely allow myself to do. It was written after a long and inspiring conversation with Chuck D about music, work, diversifying, and recognizing the importance of being an artist.

Defender - This is about attempting to deal with a few unrelated issues at one time. There were sightings of a bobcat locally, which meant to stay indoors with the pets and such. At the same time I was dealing with a couple private, personal issues, and dividing my time into worrying about all of them.

Water Tower - This is about life into death into life, etc. It talks about how every living thing eventually turns back into earth on an equal level. Sinners, saints, goldfish, all of it.

Molecules - This song is about feeling displaced a bit after moving around so much. It speaks of my wanting to get back home to the East Coast soon, but also feeling unsure of what I even have left out there.

Edited by Talvi