Belphegor

Vintersorg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guitarist/vocalist Helmuth Lehner of the Austrian blackened death metal outfit BELPHEGOR has revealed that the group is working on material. The band's as-yet-untitled new album for a tentatively slated for a late 2012 release.

From this coming Saturday until next Wednesday, BELPHEGOR will rehearse for the upcoming recordings in Abtenau, Austria.

The drum duties will again be handled by Marthyn, who did an outstanding job on last year's "Blood Magick Necromance".

Commented Helmuth: "[it's] amazing to have the opportunity to be creative again and compose a new album.

"I begun the compositions in November 2011, after I had to spend five weeks in the hospital and six weeks in rehabilitation center because of my health issues. I survived this hard trial, which still seems unreal. I m not fully recovered, but feel way better now, I can say. Unfortunately, we had to cancel all tours until June 2012, when we will get back on the road, and will start with some European open-air rituals.

Added bassist Serpenth, "At this time, we dont feel the pressure of a hard touring schedule and all the rigors surrounding that, so we can concentrate and create these arrangements in a completely focused way and can even put more energy, blood and guts inside. Working intensely on ten tracks. We are totally concentrated, you know, the musick reigns above all. Magick. It's time for a new chapter."

• 4 weeks later...

Death/black metal commando BELPHEGOR has started the rehearsal sessions for their upcoming new album in Abtenau, Austria.

Vocalist/guitarist Helmuth stated:

“All good so far. We just finished the second rehearsing session. Currently we're working on nine sound-collages, added a lot new arrangements, elements and structures. Serpenth, Marthyn and me shredded our asses off in these eleven days. There will be three more until we enter the studio by end of May 2012 and start to track drums. The titles on the set list are working titles. Hell awaits!"

The band has uploaded some photos from the rehearsal session. You can check those out here. Thanks to Bloodbrother Barth, for eternal support.

"It's amazing to have the opportunity to be creative again and compose a new audible monster," commented Helmuth in an earlier statement. “I began the compositions in November 2011, after I had to spend five weeks in the hospital and 6 weeks in a rehabilitation center because of my health issues. I survived this hard trial, which still seems unreal. I’m not fully recovered but feel way better now, I can say. Unfortunately we had to cancel all tours until June 2012, when we will get back on the road, and will start with some European open air rituals."

The as of yet untitled album is tentatively slated for a late 2012 release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The release date was pushed back to January 2013. Erik has never produced a band like Belphegor before. It will be an extra challenge for Erik and Belphegor. The album, the sound wall, will be very aggressive. The nine tracks are way faster and even more extreme than on the last LP. A combination of European metal coldness, atmosphere and sickest elements crossed with an American brutal sound, is the master plan. This experiment is going to be ultra-sick!

Zvuči zanimljivo.