Track listing:

01. Coil

02. Heir Apparent

03. The Lotus Eater

04. Burden

05. Porcelain Heart

06. Hessian Peel

07. Hex Omega

Swedish progressive metal titans OPETH have set "Watershed" as the title of their forthcoming album, due out on June 3 via Roadrunner Records (one day earlier internationally). The CD, recorded in the band's native Sweden and produced by frontman/guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren, is a masterwork that follows the time-honored OPETH tradition; its modern yet timeless, progressive yet paying homage to the sounds of classic rock.

According to a press release, "Watershed" is truly one of those special records that cycles through a variety of moods, speeds and textures, complete with lots of subtleties and nuances of sound. Because of its expansive scope, "Watershed" is destined to land the album atop many "best-of" lists. Album opener "Coil" is a gorgeous acoustic number, featuring local folk vocalist Nathalie Lorichs, while "Heir Apparent" will knock listeners unconscious with its blunt force metal. Always one to defy the rules, OPETH posits sung vocals over artillery-like blast beats on "The Lotus Eater", cementing their reputation as innovators and redefiners.

"Watershed" combines elements of modern metal, prog rock, free jazz and hints of European folk music, all of which come together for a seamless, unique collection of songs that will leave an indelible mark upon all who listen.

The follow-up to 2005's "Ghost Reveries" is the first OPETH release to feature new guitarist Fredrik Åkesson and drummer Martin Axenrot and is the band's second effort for Roadrunner Records.

In a recent interview with Revolver magazine, Åkerfeldt stated about "Watershed","The music is much more complex. The metal parts are even faster and a lot more technical than the last one. It's really hard to play some of this stuff. I mean, I wrote it and even I have trouble playing parts of it. I think it's going to be hard for some people to get into. It's definitely not a commercial-sounding record. The arrangements are exhausting. And it's much darker. Even the major patterns are very dark, while I think 'Ghost Reveries' had some light."

When asked if the songs were influences by anything musical, Mikael replied, I was hugely inspired by Scott Walker, who's an avant-garde artist and crooner. Last year he put out a record called 'The Drift', which is quite extreme and frightening, and it made a huge impact on me. Immediately, I wanted to do something like that. It just felt right. Also, with the situation the band has gone through over the last couple of years with the lineup changes, I just wanted it to be this way. I didn't want it to be a happy-sounding record."

Takodje, verovatno prva (nazovi) recenzija albuma:

http://runningthevoodoodown.blogspot.com/2...bum-update.html

Sumnjam da ce pre maja doci do procurivanja, obzirom da je izlazak albuma gurnut za Jun.

Ipak, mysterious are the paths of piracy, tako da...

Mike je imao i ovo da doda:

Says Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I´ve worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I´ve listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before."

@Talvi

Album je uveliko snimljen i izmiksovan i sve...spreman za (zlo)upotrebu u potpunosti.

Ako nista, sigurno cemo biti pocasceni nekim odlomcima na Opethovom MojProstor-u. Uzgred, omot ponovo radi Travis Smith, cime je eye-candy i ejakulacija artistickih nagona zagarantovana.

Edited by Et in Arcadia Ego

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Watershed

That's the name of the the new album right there...

Songs?

1. Coil

2. Heir Apparent

3. The Lotus Eater

4. Burden

5. Porcelain Heart

6. Hessian Peel

7. Hex Omega

We also recorded an extra track called "Derelict herds" + a few covers: "Bridge of sighs" (Robin Trower), "Den ständiga resan" (Marie Fredriksson) & "Would?" (Alice in chains). The album's set to be released through Roadrunner worldwide in late May (in some territories) and early June (in others). I can't remember the dates besides we never seem to keep them anyways.

Hope you will check it out...it's delicious like fresh custard on a blueberry pie! Or a beer.....

Working on the sleeve now and it will be nice.

Cheers to you whose religion is Heavy Metal music!

Mike

"Album opener “Coil” is a gorgeous acoustic number, featuring local folk vocalist Nathalie Lorichs, while “Heir Apparent” will knock listeners unconscious with its blunt force metal. Always one to defy the rules, Opeth posits sung vocals over artillery-like blast beats on “The Lotus Eater,” cementing their reputation as innovators and redefiners.

Watershed combines elements of modern metal, prog rock, free jazz and hints of European folk music, all of which come together for a seamless, unique collection of songs that will leave an indelible mark upon all who listen. Watershed is the first Opeth release to feature new guitarist Fredrik Akesson and drummer Martin Axenrot and is the band’s second effort for Roadrunner Records. Watershed is the eagerly awaited follow up to 2005’s critically acclaimed Ghost Reveries.

The complete track listing is as follows: “Coil,” “Heir Apparent,” “The Lotus Eater,” “Burden,” “Porcelain Heart,” “Hessian Peel” and “Hex Omega.”"

"The Grand Conjuration" je bio nekako... hmm... "američki", što je možda zbog toga što ih je Roadrunner uzeo pod svoje. Ne kažem da je "The Grand Conjuration" loš album, daleko da je od toga. Samo se nadam da će "Watershed" biti evropejski orijentisan. Ako bi pravili po mom ukusu, odgovaralo bi mi ukrštenje albuma "Damnation" i "Deliverance". :pivopije: