Opeth

Baal

Meni je Heir Apparent ali bas -ubedljivo- najgora pesma.. ne samo ovog albuma, nego od Wreath-a. A sto se tice razumljivosti vokala, zezao sam se.. ja cak Miku bolje razumem od vecine heavy vokala bili oni death /black ili neki hc-stavec (Neurosis)

Jesam li ja rekao da album razvaljuje? hehe

Kad god krene Heir Apparent, pochnem da bengujem sa ovom kosurachom ko nenormalan...strashna pesma...mogao bih da pishem dosta o novom albumu, al kao shto neko reche, jako je teshko opisati pesme Opetha....sigurno album godine za sada, no sachekacu da preslusham nove radove Judasa i Iced Eartha pa cemo videti.

Friday, May 16, 2008

The final countdown!

Hey good people!

We're in Columbus Ohio right now. Nice weather, shitty food, smelly bus but everything's alright. We're having a blast actually. It's a very nice tour. Our first with Fredrik and we're hanging out all of us every night! Not partying, but sipping wine and eating them scary wheat thins....basically we're slaves to them now. I tell you...we are happy!

Dream theater are taking good care of us and the shows have been great...most, if not all of them. Done a few headlining shows as well and what can I say....I have missed it! A lot! We played Pittsburgh last night in a sweaty club and it was fucking ROCK! Loved it!

We were aproached by Itunes to record a few songs live as a mixed band consisting of Opeth and Dream theater members but it all fell through. Would have been cool, but whatever...

Portnoy is so cool to us. He hangs with us and we talk pretty much every day. Extremely cool guy! All of them seem great, but I haven't really talked that much to the other guys. Well, James and I talk a little and he's super nice as well! Either way, this tour is cool! The guys in Three and Between the buried an me are also super cool down to earth guys and good bands!

I miss home but Skype allows me to talk to my wife and my daughters every day, and to be able to hear their voices and even see them makes this so much easier for me.

And..."Watershed" is coming soon!! I'm excited to see what you guys will think of it, even though I guess some have already heard it. Do allow a lot of time to let it sink in. There's a lot of stuff going on there.

I forgot to mention that I recorded a version of the song "Porcelain heart" done with mellotrons and moogs, so I redubbed it "Mellotron heart". Roadrunner printed up a few thousand copies but it will be very limited. I think you can only get it if you buy the album through a certain website but I can't remember which one it was. It's a pretty cool and very dark spooky version actually.

I will get back to you on that, OK?

OK, I'm back to doin nothing now so please excuse me will ya?

NP: Vangelis/Earth (1973) AWESOME!!!

Take care you hip people of the world!

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Opeth - Watershed (2008) [special Edition]

x55r3o.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Coil

02. Heir Apparent

03. Lotus Eater

04. Burden

05. Porcelain Heart

06. Hessian Peel

07. Hex Omega

08. Derelict Herds

09. Bridge of Sighs

10. Den Standiga Resan

part1

http://www.shareonall.com/pth_wtshd_08_spd...t1_jqai_rar.htm

part2

http://www.shareonall.com/pth_wtshd_08_spd...t2_mwmr_rar.htm

*.mp3 / CBR=320kbps / FLAC --> LAME mp3

Opeth exist in a genre of one. The forward-thinking Swedish titans, who seamlessly and fluidly combine metal, classic rock, prog, folk and free-form jazz, continue the time-honoured Opeth tradition on ‘Watershed’, their second album for Roadrunner Records. With this, their ninth effort, Opeth continue to shake things up, turn the corner and push the limits of their sound. And the results are breathtaking. In fact ‘Watershed’ picks up where 2005’s flawless Ghost Reveries left off, combining brute, blunt force with whimsical, melodic beauty. Watershed opens with the quiet, yet powerful "Coil," which features the bewitching vocals of local folk singer Nathalie Lorichs. "Heir Apparent" is a metallic blockbuster, and the only song with death metal vocals throughout. Smack dab in the middle of the chaos is the gorgeous ballad "Burden" which will remind listeners of bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. "I wanted to do a big ass mid 70s sounding ballad," says Akerfeldt. Equally "Porcelain Heart" is quite epic, due to the quiet-loud dynamic structure of the song. An avid obscure rock fan and record collector who buys records daily, Akerfeldt was inspired and influenced by surprising sources on Watershed. "I’ve been listening to ‘60s music and psychedelic music," he reveals. "I also listen to Bill Withers and lots of AC/DC and Scott Walker - he makes very mellow music that is also very dark". This time around the album is bolstered by the addition of some new membership. Drummer Martin Axenrot plays like a battering ram on Watershed, which also introduces new guitarist Fredrik Akesson, formerly of Arch Enemy, to the fold. Watershed is the album that will satiate the appetites of Opeth diehards, those who have followed the band on their musical journey. It’s also the album that will turn new heads, of those who appreciate both the band’s and the record’s musicality and musicianship. Watershed proves that Opeth are peerless, and truly exist in a genre of one.
Edited by DBrave