Opeth

Baal

Hey guys!

Well, the North American tour went great, in fact, I think it was one of my favourite tours ever! Baroness were great guys and a great band, and High on fire...well, I love those guys. Pike was like my brother before, and now I feel like they're all great friends of mine. Can't say what my fave gig was really...the 4 biggest ones (NYC, LA, SF and Chicago) all went fantastic which was nice, but I really think the whole thing went really well. Thanks SO much for coming to check us out! We love ya!!

Bought shitloads of vinyl on this run, maybe a 100 Lp's all in all. Some real nice stuff too!

Coming home was awesome (as always)! Mirjam started warming up to me after only 10 minutes and soon enough it was like I'd never been away. She wasn't shy at all. And Melinda was real happy I was back. Got them shitloads of gifts, some of which I'd gotten from fans. I got 2 pairs of pink cowboy boots in Texas from a girl I've met before and those are Melindas favourites now. She wear them ALL the time! Mirjam just started walking so maybe it's no good idea for her to try hers on just yet.

5 days off back home and then off again.

We had the Classic rock awards to attend in London/UK. Me and Mendez went and it was great fun. We didn't win though (Album of the year), Whitesnake did, so it was a good loss either way.

It was pretty wierd hanging out at this posh party with all these celebs and idols of mine every where I turned. Ozzy, Jeff Beck, Ronnie Wood, Wayne Kramer, Jack Bruce, Slash, Gary Moore and moore. We we're sipping champagne and as I turned around I saw Peter Green. I got shivers down my spine. He's one of my absolute heroes and I totally didn't expect to see him in the flesh ever! As I'd downed a few drinks I had to go up to him, pat him on the back and say "I love ya Pete!!". He just stared at me like I was Dahmer or something. Other than that I didn't really talk to anyone of my idols, but we hung out with our mates in Alter Bridge a little and we're sharing tables with Airborne who were a funny bunch of dudes.

All in all, a great night and the aftershow party was fun too. Didn't get completely wasted or nothing either which is a plus (at my age).

Next day we had the screening of the "Roundhouse tapes" DVD at Prince Charles Theater in Leicester square. It was fun too. They'd (Peaceville) set up the theater in a way so it looked like they're premiering a new horror film or something. Looked awesome! Quite a few people showed up and they all seemed to like it as well. We stayed and signed some stuff after the film was done. Then we hooked up with Steven Wilson and Richard Barbieri and some biz folks and pissed off down to the pub for a few. Fred got a bit shitfaced and blew his nose in Mendez bedsheets later on, but that's another story....

We also did a little show in Aalborg/Denmark which was fun. Rarely play Denmark for some reason but it was pretty cool! I like it there and I love some Danish prog rock!

Next, European tour....will be great! We have rehearsals tomorrow, but to be honest, we're pretty fucking tight already. I don't think we've ever sounded better, but...won't hurt with a little bit of practise...

Take care peeps!

Mike

Koji srećnik, haha... :lol: Da kaže Greenu "I love you". :lol:

OPETH - Burden : World Premier of Burden Video!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/view.aspx?songID=2362

Eto, Bibi... You got it. :D Meni se ovaj spot mnogo više dopada od spota za "Porcelain Heart". Mendez guy izgleda počeo opet da pušta neke kose, a Per neke brade. :lol:

Mmmm, opeth. Opet Opeth. :)))

Evo "mojih" covera. :D Dizajnirala sam ih u cast Opeth-u. :D

http://melancholymacabre.deviantart.com/ar...peth-I-75435752

http://melancholymacabre.deviantart.com/ar...eth-II-75436098

:D Dopadaju mi se coveri, te ću stoga da te dodam u watch. :) Svaki Opeth prijatelj, je i moj prijatelj. :) Inače, evo ko će da mi odradi cover, kad bude zatrebalo. :D

Guest Drkoslav Masturbatovski

mnogi metal poklonici Opeth smatraju za najbolji metal bend...meni su solidni recimo, ali mi nikako nije jasno zašto imaju tako snažnu reputaciju da im se dodeljuje presto.

Zato shto su mnogo dobri? nezam ni jedna Opeth album posle Mornigrisea da je losh. E u tome je stvar, Opeth ce svaki put kada izbaci album, izbaciti nehsto skroz novo, a ponovo veoma kvalitetno i dobro.

Ma kavi losh i Mornigrise je dobar, nego da nije odlichan.

Zato shto su mnogo dobri? nezam ni jedna Opeth album posle Mornigrisea da je losh. E u tome je stvar, Opeth ce svaki put kada izbaci album, izbaciti nehsto skroz novo, a ponovo veoma kvalitetno i dobro.

Ma kavi losh i Mornigrise je dobar, nego da nije odlichan.

Sta fali Orchidu?

Sta fali Orchidu?

Realno nishta. Kao i Morningrise , album je super ima par dobrih pesama, ali celokupna slika nije jaka kao kod ostalih Opethovih albuma . Nachi povuchena linija je da Opeth nema slabih albuma. Kolko je jako zvuchao kada sam prvi put chuo My Arms Your Hearse, oduvao me je a ja sma Opeth pocheo da dowujem od prvoga ka poslednjem. I dan danas mi je to omiljeni Opeth album. Uglavnom od tog trenutka opeth je do dana danashnjeg evulirao u mozda najznachajniji i najunikatniji bend danashnjice.

Pa evo koji bend na svom 9-om albumu, zvuchi tolko sveze i novo i do njega nije napravio nijedan losh. Zato je Opeth jedan od najvecih bendova danasnjice.

Edited by Lunar

Pa naravno da ce da evoluira, mada je Orchid u ono vreme bio okarakterisan kao nesto novo i dobro.

Taj rad. Svaki album je priča za sebe, i to kakva priča. Svaki album mi je poseban, čak i "Ghost Reveries", koga mnogi okarakterisuju kao najslabiji u Opeth opusu. Taj album zahteva slušanje, jeste težak, ali sa strpljenjem se može "svariti". Ovo govorim kao neko ko voli i poštuje ovaj bend, a ne samo kao slušalac.

Nachi povuchena linija je da Opeth nema slabih albuma.

Uglavnom od tog trenutka opeth je do dana danashnjeg evulirao u mozda najznachajniji i najunikatniji bend danashnjice.

Pa evo koji bend na svom 9-om albumu, zvuchi tolko sveze i novo i do njega nije napravio nijedan losh. Zato je Opeth jedan od najvecih bendova danasnjice.

Podvlačim sve što si rekao.

Meni ti komentari za GR apsolutno nisu jasni, taj album mi je u top 3 Opeth izdanja, uz BWP i Watershed.

Teško mi je da se odlučim za top 3, ili bilo kakav top, jer mi svaki album leži u zavisnosti od trenutka. Možda najviše volim twins-albume Damnation/Deliverance, Blackwater Park mi je za nijansu iznad Still Life, Watershed je savršen i kotiram ga uvek visoko, Ghost Reveries, rekao bih eksperimentalan album, samo za sladokusce i ljubitelje Opetha. Naravno, stariji albumi - status kultnih albuma.