Queen

skorpija

• 2 weeks later...

Veoma zanimljiva biografija F.M-a sa par zanimljivih zanimljivosti. icon_smile.gif

Life and career

Freddie Mercury was born Farrokh Bulsara in Stone Town, Zanzibar to Zoroastrian (Parsee) parents from India. His parents Bomi and Jer Bulsara had immigrated to Zanzibar so his father could continue his job at the British Colonial Office. He also had a sister, Kashmira. Stone Town or Mji Mkongwe, in Swahili, is the old part of the capital of the island of Zanzibar, a part of Tanzania. ... Map of Zanzibars main island Zanzibar, Tanzania, comprises a pair of islands off the east coast of Africa called Zanzibar (Unguja) (1994 est. ... Zoroastrianism was adapted from an earlier, polytheistic faith by Zarathushtra (Zoroaster) in Persia very roughly around 1000 BC (although, in the absence of written records, some scholars estimates are as late as 600 BC). ... a person from Pars (the middle-Persian word for Fars), a region now within the geographical boundaries of Iran, and is roughly the original homeland of the Persian people. ... The Secretary of State for the Colonies or Colonial Secretary was the British Cabinet official in charge of managing the various British colonies. ...

Mercury was educated at St. Peter's boarding school in Panchgani near Mumbai, India, where he had his first musical training (Grade IV piano). His first onstage performance was also at St. Peters, with his five-member school band, the Hectics. It was at St. Peter's where he picked up the name 'Freddie'; soon even his parents addressed him by that name. A boarding school is a self-contained educational total institution where students not only study but where some or all students may live. ... Panchagani is a small hill-station, located some distance away from the Pune-Mumbai Road. ... Mumbai (Marathi: मà¥à¤®à¤¼à¤¬à¤ˆ IPA: ), formerly known as Bombay (IPA: ), is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra and is the most populous Indian city. ...

After spending his formative years in India, Mercury and his family fled Zanzibar because of a revolution there. He was 18 when he arrived in England. There, he pursued a Diploma in Art and Graphic Design at Ealing Art College, following in the footsteps of Pete Townshend. This knowledge was to come in useful when he designed Queen's famous crest. ‹The template below has been proposed for deletion. ... Pete Townshend, guitarist and songwriter, in 1985. ... In heraldry, a crest is a component of a coat of arms. ...

With a wide vocal range and a somewhat operatic technique, he was one of the most versatile and technically accomplished singers to work in the pop idiom. He was the composer of many of Queen's hits, including "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Somebody to Love", and "We Are the Champions." The foyer of Charles Garniers Opéra, Paris, opened 1875 Opera is an art form consisting of a dramatic stage performance set to music. ... Bohemian Rhapsody is a song written by Freddie Mercury, originally performed by Queen. ... Somebody to Love is a famous and influential rock song first recorded by The Jefferson Airplane. ... We Are the Champions was written by Freddie Mercury and became an unforgettable hallmark of Queen. ...

His songwriting was unique, demonstrating influence from a variety of sources, but with a strong individual sense of melody, harmony, and complex orchestration. In several of his most well-crafted and popular tunes he provided all of the vocal tracks, resulting in a smooth controlled sound that was at the time unprecedented.

One of Freddie's trademarks throughout the years was using a microphone (and stand) minus the bottom section. In his early years of singing he made the decision to pick up his microphone, still attached to the stand; the bottom fell off by accident, and he decided to use a bottomless microphone stand from then on. When asked why, he replied "Everyone has to have a gimmick, dear". Inside a condenser microphone. ... A gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something stand out from its contemporaries. ...

Queen started using studio overdubs a great deal with their second album, Queen II, which features Freddie's music on the entire second side of the LP (or, in CD parlance, tracks 6-11). Many listeners identify "Bohemian Rhapsody" as the pinnacle of his musical achievement, but it is possible to find the seeds of this mini-opera in his earlier works. Queen II is a rock album by British band Queen originally released in 1974. ... Bohemian Rhapsody is a song written by Freddie Mercury, originally performed by Queen. ...

When the band decided to release Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975, everyone told them it was far too long and just would not be a hit at 5 minutes and 55 seconds. But Freddie gave a copy of the single to friend and London DJ, Kenny Everett, informing him that it was for him personally, and that he must not play it on air. Everett ended up playing it on the air - fourteen times in one day. From then on, every major radio station played the song in full, not edited versions as would be expected. It was a colossal hit and established Queen as a leading band of the era. The video for the single, directed by Bruce Gowers using ideas from the band themselves, was considered to be the one that began the whole video craze. The single stayed at number one for nine weeks. 1975 was a common year starting on Wednesday (the link is to a full 1975 calendar). ... St. ... Kenny Everett as Sid Snot Kenny Everett (December 25, 1944-April 4, 1995) was a popular British entertainer on both Radio and television. ... Bruce Gowers is a music video director. ...

The album was, at the time, one of the most expensive ever recorded, but when "A Night at the Opera" was released in November 1975, it was a massive hit, and gave Queen their first platinum album.

The Queen logo.Freddie had designed a Queen logo for the "Queen" album, which was re-worked and used as the cover for "A Night At The Opera." The now-famous 'crest' features the band's star signs - two fairies for Virgo (Freddie, September 5), a crab for Cancer (Brian, July 19), and two lions for the two Leos (Roger, July 26 and John, August 19). The launch party for the album was held in the exclusive Opera Bar at the London Coliseum Theatre. File links The following pages link to this file: Freddie Mercury ... File links The following pages link to this file: Freddie Mercury ... A logotype, commonly known as a logo, is the graphic element of a trademark or brand, which is set in a special typeface/font, or arranged in a particular, but legible, way. ... September 5 is the 248th day of the year (249th in leap years). ... July 19 is the 200th day (201st in leap years) of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, with 165 days remaining. ... July 26 is the 207th day (208th in leap years) of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, with 158 days remaining. ... August 19 is the 231st day of the year (232nd in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. ... The London Coliseum The Coliseum Theatre is one of Londons largest and best equipped theatres, opening in 1904. ...

He released two solo albums: Mr. Bad Guy (1985) and Barcelona (1988), the latter with Spanish soprano Montserrat Caballé. The collaboration came as surprise to critics, being the first of its kind, but was nonetheless widely acclaimed, if not commercially successful. One of his hits as a solo artist was a cover of the song "The Great Pretender" (1987), but after his death gained his first solo number 1 hit "Living On My Own", remixed by No More Brothers, which was his biggest UK hit. was first released in 1985 during a period in which Queen were taking a break. ... Barcelona was an album recorded by Freddie Mercury, the front-man of famous English rock band Queen, and operatic soprano Montserrat Caballé. The album was recorded in 1987 at a time when Freddie Mercury was ill with AIDS. The album was released the following year in 1988. ... Catalan soprano Montserrat Caballé The Catalan soprano Montserrat Caballé (born 12 April 1933) is a famous opera singer, renowned for her bel canto technique and her interpretations of the great bel canto roles of Rossini, Bellini, and Donizetti. ... The Great Pretender was a popular song by The Platters. ...

He was bisexual, but never came out publicly. Freddie had a girlfriend Mary Austin, whom he was in a relationship with for six years until he told her about his sexuality. After the relationship was over they still remained close friends. Mary Austin often fronted as his girlfriend to the press. Though previously promiscuous, his last boyfriend, Jim Hutton, lived with him for the last eight years of his life, cared for him when he was ill and was with him at his bedside when he died. He was a fan of Liza Minnelli and Michael Jackson, the latter of whom he collaborated with on some tracks which were never published, including "State Of Shock" (which was performed by the Jacksons and Mick Jagger for the official release). Liza May Minnelli (born March 12, 1946 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actress and singer. ... The cover to Michael Jacksons Thriller: Special Edition Michael Jackson in 1987. ...

He was well known for his extravagance and hedonism, but also for his kindness and generosity. He adored cats and kept several, even writing a song about his favourite ("Delilah", on the Innuendo album, 1991). He was a heavy smoker, which contributed to a roughening of his voice in the 80s. Hedonism (Greek: hēdonē pleasure + –ism) describes any way of thinking that gives pleasure a central role. ... Innuendo is a 1991 album by British rock band Queen. ... // Events and trends The 1980s marked an abrupt shift towards more conservative lifestyles after the momentous cultural revolutions which took place in the 60s and 70s and the definition of the AIDS virus in 1981. ...

On November 23, 1991, Freddie announced that he had AIDS. The next day he died peacefully at his home in London surrounded by friends and family. Freddie had kept his illness very private, and only those closest to him had been aware of just how close to the end he was. November 23 is the 327th day of the year (328th in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar, with 38 days remaining. ... 1991 is a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ... The Red Ribbon symbol is used internationally to represent the fight against AIDS. AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, formerly known as GRIDS, rarely written Aids) is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus HIV, a lentivirus [1]. By leading to the destruction and/or functional impairment of... St. ...

Freddie Mercury statue in Montreux.He was cremated at Kensal Green Cemetery. The cremation was conducted in the Zoroastrian faith that Freddie's parents followed strictly; the wherabouts of his ashes are unknown. The remaining members of Queen founded The Mercury Phoenix Trust and organized The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. Download high resolution version (834x1745, 283 KB) Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. ... Download high resolution version (834x1745, 283 KB) Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. ... Location within Switzerland Montreux is a resort town in the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland, on Lake Geneva with a population of 22,897. ... Kensal Green Cemetery, located in Kensal Green, London, England, was incorporated in 1832, and is the oldest of the Magnificent Seven cemeteries still in operation. ... The Mercury Phoenix Trust is a charity organization that fights AIDS worldwide. ... An open air concert on Easter Monday, April 20th 1992 at Londons Wembley Stadium, televised live to over one billion people. ...

Mercury appears at 58 in the 2002 List of "100 Greatest Britons" (sponsored by the BBC and voted for by the public). 2002 is a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ... In 2002, the BBC conducted a vote to discover the 100 Greatest Britons of all time. ... The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) was formed in 1927 by means of a royal charter. ...

A species of East African isopod, Cirolana mercuryi N. Bruce, 2004 was named for Freddie Mercury, as, quoting the type, "arguably Zanzibar's most famous popular musician and singer." SubOrders Anthuridea Asellota Calabozoida Epicaridea Flabellifera Microcerberidea Oniscidea Phreatoicidea Valvifera Isopods are one of the most diverse orders of Crustaceans, with many species living in all environments, and are common in shallow marine waters. ... 2004 is a leap year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar. ...

His famous overbite was caused by the presence of four extra teeth which pushed his incisors out. He commented early in his career that he wished to have work done on his teeth, but regretted that he did not have time to do it. He also expressed fears that such an operation might damage his voice. During Queen's formative years he could be seen putting his hand over his mouth in an attempt to hide the overbite. Incisors are the first kind of tooth in heterodont mammals. ...

Freddie possessed a very slight tenor voice, he was able to produce very sharp sounds, but also quite grave sounds. He had an enviable voice range, with the superb extension of three and a half octaves. In music, a tenor is a male singer with a high voice (although not as high as a countertenor). ... In music, an octave (sometimes abbreviated 8ve or 8va) is the interval between one musical note and another with half or double the frequency. ...

Freddie was known to enjoy drinking wine, tea, and champagne from time to time, and occasionally smoked marijuana. Before Queen was formed, he was sharing an apartment with more frequent cannabis users, who would often hide their stash in tea leaves. At one point Freddie, unaware, drank this in his tea. A glass of red wine Wine display at the Mt Markey Winery This article is about the beverage. ... A hot cup of tea A tea bush. ... Champagne is often drunk as part of a celebration Champagne is a sparkling wine produced by inducing the secondary fermentation of wine. ... Cannabis is a plant also known as Cannabis sativa, hemp, or marijuana. ... Tasseography or Tasseomancy is a divination or fortune-telling method that interprets patterns in tea leaves. ...

Mercury briefly stopped drinking red wine in 1975 when doctors informed him he had callouses in his throat. He refused to let anyone operate, and eventually his throat healed. This article is about the beverage. ...

At his own parties he was known for being charming and outgoing, while at parties thrown by other people he was known to be something of a wallflower. In social situations, a wallflower is a slang term used to describe shy or unpopular individuals who do not socialize or participate in activities at social events. ...

Mercury left £100,000 to his chef, and left his £18-million house to his close-friend and ex-lover, Mary Austin.

• 2 weeks later...

Queen + Paul Rodgers nisu nista negativno.I kako moze da bude malo glupo.Onda ispade da su Brian i Roger i Paul glupi.Pa ja to ne bih nikad mogao da kazem,sem kad bi uradili nesto stvarno glupo,kao npr. zakopati se i otici u zaborav...Mislim oni i dalje odlicno sviraju.mozda bolje nego nekad...

Queen + Paul Rodgers nisu nista negativno.I kako moze da bude malo glupo.Onda ispade da su Brian i Roger i Paul glupi.Pa ja to ne bih nikad mogao da kazem,sem kad bi uradili nesto stvarno glupo,kao npr. zakopati se i otici u zaborav...Mislim oni i dalje odlicno sviraju.mozda bolje nego nekad...

Pa moze da bude glupo zato sto Fredija vise nema i sto je on nenadoknadiv gubitak. Takav se vise nece roditi. Ne znaci da su ostali clanovi glupi sami po sebi vec da je ideja o okupljanju Queena losa. Ako Mej, Tejlor i Dikon hoce da sviraju i dalje, neka !!! Ali to vise nije Queen koji ja znam i volim. Neka promene ime grupe i neka nastave dalje. A o Rodzersu mislim sve najbolje

Hm sve rade zbog para.pa mislim da nije sve zbog para.mjuzikl We Will rock you im godisnje donosi on 70 miliona funti.royalities koje imaju ne samo od starih izdanja koja se i dalje prodaju,vec i od novih kompilacijskih izdanja koje plasiraju svuda po svetu(u zadnjih par meseci su izdali queen jevels za japan,i greatset hits za iran,plus izdanja za kinu).Isto tako dobijaju od izdavanja novih dvd-a,kako sa spotovima ili koncertima,a ako neko prati liste dvd-ova primetice da se prodaju poprilicno.Sto se tice para zar ne mislite da ih oni nemaju.Pa ako tako mislite veoma ste glupi.sta mislite zasto je majkl dzekson otkupio pol makartnijeva prava na bitlse.razumete li.ili imate po pet godina.John deacon zivi od tih royalities-a,povukao se iz javnog zivota,odavno se vise ne bavi muzikom,i jedini razlog je bio to sto nije krenuo na turneju.Zapamtimo,niko se nije naucen rodio,i ja kao muzicar znam sta znaci ne svirati pet dana.ne moze da se zaboravi,ali i sam deacon je krajem osamdesetih izjavljivao da mu to postaje najveci pritisak.A i kad si clan tako jednog velikog benda to i jeste tako.Jednostavno masinerija te proguta.Brian May je rekao da zbog samih turneja koje su bile non stop,porodica mu je trpela.John je jednostavno otisao iz javnog zivota i posvetio se porodici.Sto se tice opaske da je turneja zbog para,mislim da sam podrobno objasnio.Takvim mislima blatite njihova imena i niste dostojni da budete njihovi fanovi.Mozda sam malo ostar ali realno je to da je queen uvek ulagao u svoje koncerte i nastupe,sam freddi je poklanjao za svoj rodjendan drugima pare i to u velikim kolicinama.brian i roger su aktivisti raznih udruzenja.ne verujem da su im apeli u 46664 organizaciji i pomoc nelsonu mendeli u organizovanju tih kocerata i ucestvovanje na njima,doneli pare.Dajte budite realni.Nikada nije bilo zbog para,barem njih sto se tice.Zar verujete u te gluposti.Turneja '86 jeste bila velika,zaradjenje su pare,ali su i ulozene.Brian je svirao na vrhu bakingemske palate za kraljicin rodjendan.Ma garant je za to dobio hrpu para.roger je izdao silne albume zbog para.svi su bili broj 1 i kupio je sebi diznilend.Nikada necete razumeti njihovu muziku.ona nikada nije bila zbog para.A sto se tice okupljanja sadasnjeg,kako mozete tako nsto da pricate,a da nemate pojma o tome.da ste slusali bilo koji intervju o turneji culi biste jasno i glasno da ovo nije queen-ova turneja,vec turneja queen+paul rodgers.Nema zamene freddija,ovo nije queen.Da ste gledali bilo koji nastup kao sto ja jesam imao prilike,govorili bi drugacije.ovo je samo zbog muzike i ni zbog cega drugoga.i zbog nas fanova naravno.svi koji su bili na koncertima su zadovoljni,odusevljeni,srecni sto su ih uopste videli,ili opet videli.samo oni koji ne znaju i nemaju pojma pricaju prazne price.Osmislili su novi stil.U paul-u nema nista freddijevo,sem sto se adaptirao na stil muzike.brian i dalje odlicno svira,sa istom energijom i zarom kao nekada.Roger,doduse se podgojio je u odlicnoj formi.prihvatite ih kao muzicare,kao odlicne muzicare.stounsi to rade zbog para.zar ne mislite da brianu i rogeru ponekad nedostaje da izadju na scenu.pa i oni su ljudska bica.postujmo ih,uvek su se trudili da ucine sto vise za nas fanove.jebote moj ortak ga je zvao na fon i rpicao sa njim,uoste ga nije iskulirao.jedan drug iz londona mi kaze da uopste nisu uobrazeni,iako su "slavni".Ovo sto su uradili ove godine sa turnejom,to je najbolji potez koji su mogli da urade.opet su oziveli staru vatru icon_smile.gif i nemojte misliti da ja nisam bio skeptican,ali kada sam otisao i cuo sta sam cuo,aaaaxxx.....ne mislim da se ukusi queen fnova mnogo razlikuju,tako da ne sumnjam da ste bili mislili biste isto.ali ne dozvoljavam da ih blatite,to nije u redu...

p.s. miloshe ona bio gore mi se svidela,nisam citao skoro nista pa je bilo zanimljivo.imam knjigu life & carrer of Fm,ako hoces na mail da ti posljem

Kao kada bi Paul i Ringo sad krenuli kao Bitlsi. icon_smile.gif Ne,sve je to zbog para i ništa više. I Roger i Brian su SASVIM SOLIDNI u solo varijanti i više mi se tako sviđa. E,da...zašto je,na primer,John odbio da bude deo ovog? Zna li neko?

Ovo poredjenje sa Bitlsima ti je bilo odlicno - potpuno ista stvar icon_da.gif A zasto John ne ucestvuje? Verovatno je skapirao da je cela stvar propast

Ovo poredjenje sa Bitlsima ti je bilo odlicno - potpuno ista stvar icon_da.gif A zasto John ne ucestvuje? Verovatno je skapirao da je cela stvar propast

citas li ti sta pisem

evo ti krace:

BUT WHEN FREDDIE Mercury died in 1991, barring the following year's tribute concert, Deacon considered Queen to be at an end, went into retirement and largely seemed to withdraw from public life. He sporadically played bass on record and live with Taylor and May's separate projects, as well as being one of the occasional members of former Queen keyboard player Spike Edney's SAS Band. "I am mainly involved with looking after the childred at home," he said of his current activities back in 1996. Deacon ramains a dedicated family man, despite recent allegations in the Mail On Sunday of a friendship with a lap dancer four years ago. The bass player and his wife, Veronica, celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary in January this year and live in South-west London with their five sons and one daughter.

Deacon sightings are infrequent, and he is usually notable only by his absence. He was reportedly not present at Brian May and Anita Dobson's wedding in 2000, and shuns award ceremonies that honour his former band. Much to Deacon watchers' chagrin, a rumoured appearance on TV's Through The Keyhole turned out to be entirely without substance. In typically unpredictable fashion, though, John broke cover to attend a party for the internet gossip site Popbitch in 2001. In the same year, The Sun reported that he was displeased with the version of We Will Rock You( We Are The Champions), recorded with Robbie Williams for the movie A Knight's Tale. "I didn't want to be involved with it and I'm glad [that I wasn't]," he is alleged to have said. "I've heard what they did and it's rubbish."

Deacon exhibits a similar level of enthusiasm for other Queen projects, choosing not to involve himself in either the band's musical, We Will Rock You, or the reunion tour. Certainly, he doesn't need the money. Last year's sunday Times Rich List placed him 777th with 50 pounds million, a position he shares with Roger Taylor.

"John really has retired," said Taylor in 2003. "He doesn't like going out. He wrote us a letter in which he said, I fully endorse whatever you are doing and you have my wholehearted support but I don't want to be involved. John doesn't really enjoy other people's company."

On his website, Brian May was recently moved to pass comment. While fans speculated on the bassist's absence and as Queen 2005 gears up to go on the road with all the attendant media madness, May agreed the stoic presence of the man briefly known as Deacon John will be sorely missed.

on se jednostavno puvukao iz sveta muzike,a ako procitas videces da i on i roger imaju gomilu para

Hvala na linkovima. pivopije.gif

Sve u svemu,slažem se više sa John-ovim stavom nego druge dvojce. I ovako su izvodili Queen pesme na solo koncertima pa čak i gostovali jedan drugom na istim...mogli su fino tako da nastave ali to ne donosi istu medijsku pažnju. (koju,istina,koriste na dobar način...u dobrotvorne svrhe i slično tome....) Mnogo bi veći trip bio da su njih dvojca krenuli na turneju kao SMILE. icon_biggrin.gif

slazem se da koriste medijsku paznju,ali da se nelazemo i brian may je samo kao ime veoma poznato,tako da su krenuli i pod nekim drugim imenom ne bi bilo velike razlike.medijsku paznju korsite,ali sa tim se slazem,jer da nije tako queen bi davno bio u zaboravu u ocima javnosti.a sto se tice turneje pod imenom smile,pa recimo da bih isao da ih vidim,da krenu na turneju sa robbie williamsom,ali to im nikad ne bi oprostio biggrin.gif

tim staffel nije ni primirisati frediju,a kamoli rodgersu.queen flame burns on icon_mrgreen.gif

COUNTRIES RELEASING NEW SINGLE

The following countries are scheduled to release the Queen + Paul Rodgers single 'Reaching Out/Tie Your Mother Down' b/w 'Fat Bottomed Girls'. The single will be available from 29th August, but please note not all countries release on a Monday.

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Chile

Finland

Germany

Greece

Iceland

Israel

Italy

The Netherlands

Norway

Portugal

Russia

Sweden

Switzerland

pitam se sto li nas nema!!! orangelistening.gif

Robi je najveci trpadzija kojeg je svet ikad video. Zbog toga me strasno nervira. On stvarno dobro peva a i pesme mu nisu lose ali se ne skida sa TV-a. Izbacuje spot za spotom samo da bi se vrteo non-stop. Kada bi bio umereniji u pojavljivanjima na medijima bio bi mnogima dosta interesantniji.

Ma,dajte ljudi, R. uopšte nije loš. Neću reći ni da je dobar ali može da prođe. Ima par pesama koje mi se sviđaju. Nije fer odmah ga porediti sa Freddie-jem (alo bre! icon_smile.gif ) i očekivati da bude negde blizu njega. laugh.gif Da je prepotentan,jeste. Ali nije u manjini što se toga tiče. Kao što rekoh...kakvih sve ima....on i nije loš.