Venom

Avro

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Venom are currently in the studio recording the tracks for their next album.

The band have been busy recording the demos and rehearsing with their new drummer Dante during

2009, Cronos recently commented: "There's a fresh energy with the new line-up and the sessions

are going great, Dante is a really big hitter which is fantastic, his playing went down a storm with the

South American Legions during our Latin American tour in December 2009.

Rage has been tearing up the decibels and cranking his amp valves white hot, so the new album

is sounding killer and should be ready to be unleashed in 2010".

Venom's management are currently negotiating some live shows for later this year.

зашто се ова тема не пребаци на Хеви или на Треш форум!?

На треш је боље.

Што се тиче новог албума...па, не очекујем ништа специјално. "Метал црни 3". Слаба вајда без Мантаса. Кад већ помињем њега, он сада свира у групи "Дрил". Чуо сам мало на њиховом свемиру и могло би да буде добро. Треба сачекати албум.

Ako se nekome ide:

According to concert promoters Most of Evil Music, British black metal pioneers VENOM will play for the first time ever in Sofia, Bulgaria at Hall Festivalna on April 17. It should be noted, however, that the band's official web site has not confirmed VENOM's plans to perform in Bulgaria at this time.

• 1 year later...

British black metal pioneers VENOM are currently mixing their new album with producer Tom Belton at his London studio. An official release date for the effort has not yet been announced.

Regarding what fans can expect to hear from the next VENOM studio LP, bassist/vocalist Conrad "Cronos" Lant told The Quietus, "The new tracks are tremendous. Basically, if you think of the way [former VENOM drummer] Antton [Antony Lant, who is also Cronos' brother] was playing, especially on the last album 'Hell', he is a nu-metal drummer and comes from that kind of background. He's hung 'round VENOM most of his life and it was just good to introduce him to the whole VENOM concept of playing like the way [original VENOM drummer] Abaddon used to play. Basically Abaddon came from a rock background and then basically developed a black metal, speed metal, thrash metal style. The nu-metal drumming is very different and it was a steep learning curve for him. At the end of the day he's got his own style and he wants to be known for what he's done and not be in my shadow, which is totally understandable. Some of the guys we had coming to the rehearsals were not ex-CRADLE OF FILTH but they were still, 'I've been in this band, I've been in that band,' but they were all far too young, you know. We were looking for someone in their thirties upwards who understood rock music."

When asked how the new songs compare to those off "Hell", Cronos said, "I would say more like those off 'Metal Black'. More like our earlier stuff. 'Hell' was getting a bit too much like session tracks. Too . . . polished. And polish isn't a good word for VENOM songs. VENOM songs need to be off the cuff, loose, a little bit thrash. Once you start polishing songs up a bit much you end up going in the wrong direction. There's a spontaneity about VENOM songs that I've always loved. When we're coming up with new VENOM songs there's one thing that I always try and keep in mind: 'Is that kid in his bedroom on his knees playing air guitar and going 'Yeah! Get in!'' You know? I'm not interested in Joe Satriani sitting there and discussing whether it's technically correct or not! That's the last thing on my mind."

• 2 months later...

British black metal pioneers VENOM have set "Fallen Angels" as the title of their new album, tentatively due in August/September via Universal Music. The CD was mixed with producer Tom Belton at his London studio and will contain 13 new "classics."

Da obrazložim i zašto: iako muzički nemaju veze sa ovim što se danas zove black metal, Venom se svrstavaju u njegov prvi talas jer su dali žanru naziv (na počinjite sa Cronosovim citatima, znam) i ideološki mu udarili temelje, te stoga i jesu deo ekipe sa Bathory, Hellhammer...

A drugo - kada neko dođe na forum prvo će potražiti temu ovde, stoga - ona ostaje.

Hvala.

British black metal pioneers VENOM have set "Fallen Angels" as the title of their new album, tentatively due in August/September via Universal Music. The CD was mixed with producer Tom Belton at his Londonstudio and will contain 13 new "classics."