Mercenary

Kent

Novi album idealan za fanove novijeg In Flamesa, Solution .45, novijeg Soilworka, Deadlocka, pa možda marginalno i za one koji vole Only Inhuman od Sonic Syndicatea. Jako melodično, dovoljno žestoko, aranžmanski zanimljivo, sve u svemu, jedan prilično moderan i cool sound.

Edited by pravnik

• 3 weeks later...

A short video clip of bassist/vocalist René Pedersen of Danish melodic death metallers MERCENARY talking about "Incorporate Your Demons", the bonus track that appears on the North American version of the group's acclaimed new album "Metamorphosis", can be viewed below.

"Metamorphosis", the sixth album from MERCENARY, entered the official chart in the band's home country at position No. 42. The CD will be released in the U.S. on March 29 via Prosthetic Records.

"Metamorphosis" track listing:

01. Through The Eyes Of The Devil

02. The Follower

03. In A River Of Madness

04. Memoria

05. Velvet Lies

06. In Bloodred Shades

07. Shades Of Grey

08. On The Edge Of Sanity

09. Black Brigade

10. Incorporate Your Demons (North American bonus track)

"Metamorphosis" was produced by Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, VOLBEAT, NIGHTRAGE, HATESPHERE, PYRAMAZE).

A track-by-track breakdown of the album by René Pedersen and guitarist Jakob Mølbjerg can be found at this location.

A review of "Metamorphosis" by TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy can be found at this location.

MERCENARY 2011 is:

Jakob Mølbjerg - Guitar

René Pedersen - Bass, Vocals

Martin Buus - Lead Guitar

Morten Løwe Sørensen - Drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2R-THmx-oE&feature=player_embedded

• 2 years later...

Detalji o novom albumu :

Mercenary - Reveal New Album Cover, Title, Release Date

Mercenary have been preparing the follow up to Metamorphosis and already completed the mixing process of the album. Today the band has revealed the first details about this new and 7th album, to be called Through Our Darkest Days and you can see the cover art below. The album will be released through NoiseArt Records on July 27th in Europe and a week later in the US through Prosthetic Records.

Long time collaborator Jacob Hansen is once again in charge of production and mix of the album at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark. The cover was created by Mircea Eftemie (guitarist of Mnemic) who recently made covers for Soilwork, Illdisposed and others.

Mercenary comments on the cover: "Last year when we were busy with preproductions, we considered reaching out to Mircea to ask if he'd like to give our new cover a shot, because we liked his recent stuff and wanted to try someone with a fresh approach. Against all odds, however, he actually beat us to it and contacted us first with the exact same offer, so it very much seemed as a collaboration that was meant to be. After a few sketches, we quickly locked on to the main motive of the cover below, which we felt was both iconic, mysterious and not least, oddly disturbing. Most importantly perhaps, we also felt that Mircea's artwork had managed in a natural way to combine something fresh with the style of our older album covers and their dark and atmospheric vibes.

As our new album is very much a combination our latest material with a lot of the more traditional melodic and melancholic elements of previous Mercenary albums, we felt that this was a perfect visual expression of Mercenary's sound and identity in 2013. The cover symbolizes a darkness that we have gone through as a band, which we feel that we have finally been able to put behind us. The title of the album is meant very positively and thematizes both the journey through existential darkness as a general theme and the ability to break through it. The lyrical universe is very much about making the most of life and not getting caught up in negativity."

Cover artist Mircea Eftemie adds: "I wanted to make something that had a direct visual relation to the album title, but also follow the design patterns of the older Mercenary album covers, to keep their identity and brand intact. After swapping ideas back and forth, we ended with a piece not too abstract, but dark and disturbing enough to portray the concept of the new album. It was absolutely a pleasure working on this piece!"

19859-1.jpg

evo i Studio Diary :

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3IefM3kMk

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr-TCc6WRHI

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

narocito kod nas.

mislim ovo je prilicno tezak buking jer njih slusaju progresivci i powerasi koji se ne gade malo scream vokala, moderni su ali nisu dovoljno metalcore da privuku tu publiku i ljudi koji vole ekstremni metal ih ne vole. eventualno ako neki melo death likovi budu hteli da gledaju omnium gatherum, ali ni oni nisu neko ime iako su dosta dobri u postovani u toj sferi

Meni je krivo sto nisu dosli pre 2-3 g. kad su bili u punom sastavu, mada i ovako vredi cuti.

Jbg, za kartu mislim da je bilo realnije 1200 i na dan 1500, al glupo je srati kad agencija koja ih dovodi sigurno zna 10 puta bolje sta i kako im se isplati.

Za mene lepa vest, pored IE na koji obavezno idem, i ovo mora da se pogleda :rockdevil: