Soilwork

Nabavio novi album,full verziju i...jebote...dobar je.Mislim,nije nesto za padanje u nesvest,sigurno njihov najslabiji,ali je dobar,ima finih pesama,dobrih refrena,ali i nekih skroz lame pesama...i vise je NU od novih IF-a.Inace,isto kao i kod Flamesa,dobri su mi novi albumi,ali mi je zao sto su krenuli u tom pravcu.Ali,ipak cu stati u njihovu odbranu od Kranga,Solija i ostalih hatera. icon_smile.gif

To Slobo! pivopije.gificon_smile.gif

Krang,evo jedna recenzije koju kao da ste Soli i ti zajedno pisali:

I swear that the heads of Sweden's melodic metal scene must've called together a meeting a few years ago and decided to all get terrible. After working so hard to put melodic metal on the map and draw the adoration of fans worldwide, Dark Tranquility took the plunge on their "Haven" and "Projector" records. In Flames and Soilwork followed suit shortly thereafter and most of the Gothenburg scene seemed all too keen to kamikaze as well. Just recently, Dark Tranquility steered themselves right again and I was hoping that would be the spark of another new upswing for this style, but Soilwork's "Stabbing The Drama" makes me think that Dark Tranquility are just proving survival of the fittest.

The new album from Soilwork opens up with a neat riff that harkens back to their "The Chainheart Machine" or "A Predator's Portrait" days. It's epic, it's melodic, it's great. I was getting excited that this band were back in solid form. Then the verse kicked in. It was pseudo-melodic nu-metal chugcore packaged and ready for Ozzfest consumption. The only redeeming factor is that I hadn't heard any clean vocals yet. But those only hold off until the first chorus. So it looks like a total loss. This type of inconsistency and build up to a letdown is a commonplace through the rest of the album. There are some really neat riffs on "Stabbing The Drama", but they're buried under so much garbage that it's not worth sticking around for them. Soilwork have devolved and simplified their music and it's depressing because we all know they're capable of so much more. I'm not sure what their motive was, so I won't call them out on going for mass appeal when that may or may not be the case. Their take on melodic metal was, at one time, refreshing and awe-inspiring but now we're taking about a trend setter moving into the follower position.

I hate to say it, but it seems like "Stabbing The Drama" is Soilwork's "St. Anger". I think this band is so far gone at this point that they don't even remember how to make a good metal record anymore. Even though they gave it their best shot, they're just not in the same state of mind that they once were. "Stabbing The Drama" has flashes of interest, but you can't hide a rusty car with a few drops of paint.

I swear that the heads of Sweden's melodic metal scene must've called together a meeting a few years ago and decided to all get terrible. After working so hard to put melodic metal on the map and draw the adoration of fans worldwide, Dark Tranquility took the plunge on their "Haven" and "Projector" records. In Flames and Soilwork followed suit shortly thereafter and most of the Gothenburg scene seemed all too keen to kamikaze as well. Just recently, Dark Tranquility steered themselves right again and I was hoping that would be the spark of another new upswing for this style, but Soilwork's "Stabbing The Drama" makes me think that Dark Tranquility are just proving survival of the fittest.

The new album from Soilwork opens up with a neat riff that harkens back to their "The Chainheart Machine" or "A Predator's Portrait" days. It's epic, it's melodic, it's great. I was getting excited that this band were back in solid form. Then the verse kicked in. It was pseudo-melodic nu-metal chugcore packaged and ready for Ozzfest consumption. The only redeeming factor is that I hadn't heard any clean vocals yet. But those only hold off until the first chorus. So it looks like a total loss. This type of inconsistency and build up to a letdown is a commonplace through the rest of the album. There are some really neat riffs on "Stabbing The Drama", but they're buried under so much garbage that it's not worth sticking around for them. Soilwork have devolved and simplified their music and it's depressing because we all know they're capable of so much more. I'm not sure what their motive was, so I won't call them out on going for mass appeal when that may or may not be the case. Their take on melodic metal was, at one time, refreshing and awe-inspiring but now we're taking about a trend setter moving into the follower position.

OVO MORAM DA NABAVIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Natural Born Chaos je stvarno najbolji icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Ovom bendu nema kraja...Prejaki su , posluso sam ovaj novi promo disk sto treba izaci, stabbing the drama... album je prejak. kao i sam bend icon_rockdevil.gif

icon_rockdevil.gif album je predrkan icon_da.gif ne moze da se nekom ne svidi na prvo slusanje ne mogu da prestanem da ih slusam biggrin.gif pesma 'nerve' moj favorit!!!

jedna ODLICNA recenzija albuma "Natural Born Chaos"

Let's face it: Meshuggah are the kings of Scandinavian metal. They're better than At the Gates; they're better than the Haunted; lord knows they're better than Children of Bodom; and, you might not have the balls to say it, but fuck it, I do: they're better than Entombed (past and present). How can I make such a bold statement? Easy. One word: originality. Meshuggah doesn't sound like anyone else. Sure, there are influences, but, as Robert Urich's main man Emeril would say, they kick it up a notch.

Now, Soilwork-- they're no Meshuggah. But they're close. Damn close. In fact, they even reinvent some of Meshuggah's greatest attributes just to drive that point home. Sure, the guitar solos echo Fredrik Thordendal's, and even Bjorn Strid's vocals have taken on a Jens Kidman-like affectation, but with enough quick stops and starts to put you in a neckbrace and a sonic assault as raw as a head of lettuce, Natural Born Chaos stands as their tightest and most pummeling record yet. The fact that it tops 2000's staggering The Chainheart Machine is only icing (but victorious icing, after last year's spotty A Predator's Portrait).

The one thing Soilwork has working in their favor that Meshuggah don't, though, is a goddamned sense of melody. I know what you're thinking, but yes, there's plenty of room in metal for melody. Ask Steve Fucking Harris if you don't believe me. Soilwork switches back and forth between completely brutal thrash metal to melodic power metal without so much as battering an eyelash. All of the key elements to a good metal record are here: it's crunches and grinds with growling verses and anthemic choruses, and of course, there are those glorious fucking guttural, demonic invocations that, in some other genres, are referred as "vocals." There are even keyboards, for Christ's sake! I'm talking good atmospheric shit, too, not that overbearing, in-your-face classical crap Enchant forces on the Dream Theater pansies. (Think "Separate Ways," not "The Final Countdown.")

In fact, the only real drawback to the record as a whole is that some of its songs just sound like the old Soilwork. Imagine if you were halfway through a listen to the Flaming Lips' The Soft Bulletin, and right in the middle they threw in some stuff from Hit to Death in the Future Head. Don't get me wrong, Hit to Death is a damn good album, but you know, you don't get that kind of contrast on records we in the business would call "classics."

Natural Born Chaos peaks with the back-to-back shrapnel-spitting of "As We Speak" and "The Flameout." Both are incredibly dense and heavy, and somehow also maniacally catchy-- a combination that has evaded most of the strongest Swedish metal bands going. Also, it should be noted that "Mindfields" has one of the coolest pauses I've heard in a while (who doesn't like a good pause?). The only two songs that most readily come to mind as being misses are the title track (which could nearly make it onto MTV if it rode out its opening rhythm), and the closer, "Song of the Damned," which anticlimactically loses some of the steam the rest of the album had built up. But I only name those two songs because I feel like I have to name something. They're not actually bad songs. They're just not quite as mind-altering as some of the others. And "Song of the Damned" is a kinda dorky name. Whatever.

-Cory Byrom, March 20th, 2002

dosadan si.

EDIT:

If you had a chance to be someone else for a day who would it be and why?

Tomas Haake of Meshuggah to see how it is to be the craziest drummer, and how the hell manage to play everything. How he works inside his mind.

Henric/By Night

mhihi.gif

Edited by Kent

lazin kriterijum za određivanje kvaliteta recenzije je: koliko se puta u recenziji pomene meshuggah...

najbolje su one recenzije u kojima se meshuggah randomly pominje u svakoj rečenici po 5 puta..

a ova je dosta blizu tog ideala..

hhe he

pivopije.gif

Edited by KRANG

pitchfork metal recenzije me generalno mnogo nerviraju..

ti ljudi nemaju pojma o čemu govore..

tamo nisam pročitao ni JEDNU da valja kurcu.

jedna počinje kao nešto: "metal? ovo je metal album? aaa.. to me vraća u detinjstvo kada sam sluša iron maiden i sepulturu i imao dugu masnu kosu.. eto, od tada metal nisam slušao, a sada ću da napišem jednu objektivnu metal recenziju.." i onda nahvali neki nu crap bend..

pacerčine

tja..

rade kurac.. nemaju oni širinu za takve recenzije.. malo-malo pa proglašavaju nešto najboljim metal izdanjem u istoriji i "the future of metal"..

dosadni su i krajnje predvidljivi.. odmah znam kakvu će recenziju da napišu i koje će (iste i 100x prežvakane) izraze da koriste.

--

offtopic: izgubi ivanovićeva ... jebi ga