Soilwork

Bash mi je dobar Stabbing the Drama... Svaka stvar je jednostavno dobra... ... i ja sam dobra 233.gif .... ... U sushtini i zvuk, i produkcija, i koncept ustvari jecu my piece of cake.... Klizi dok ga slusham icon_cool.gif ... #... prvi utisak...

Stalemate mi se ubedljivo najjache nakachila... icon_rockdevil.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Soilwork does it again. - 95%
Written by Justin_Bork on December 23rd, 2004

Soilwork has managed to craft another fine album. Which is quite a feat, as it's their sixth album in seven years. Commendable.

Soilwork changed up a bit on this one like always. Most notably, the production. Soilwork's production is usually thick and dense, this time it's clean and crisp, but still perfectly showcasing the bands talents. Also, the keys, always a massive part of the 'Soilwork sound' have been reduced to mere backround effect here. This is a guitar/rhythm based album through and through, which is new for Soilwork as their sound has always been about the melody and stratosphere. (stratosphere is a term I use to describe 'flying' leads and keys, like you'd hear in most gotherburg bands).

Vocally, Speeds best output yet. Over the past few years, he's really progressed as a vocalist, and has a much easier time transistioning between verse and chorus, as opposed to say A Predator's Portrait where he sounded awkward and uneasy. The guitars here, while not as technical as they used to be, still are very catchy, interesting and drive the sound well, no problems there. The druming is excellent, killer fills and bass work. Would you expect any less from madman Dirk Verbeuren? the man who gives Tomas Haake a run for his money.

The song structure is similar to Figure Number Five, with the songs consisting of verse-chorus-verse-solo structure. But here it's not nearly as power-pop as FNF was. The verses are definetly headbang/pit worthy, very catchy and unique, and the chorus' are a flying affair that will be stuck in your head long after you turn the album off for other things. Catchiness as always been Soilwork's secret weapon, and Stabbing the Drama does nothing to tarnish that fact. Brutal, uplifting, memorable Soilwork. No more, no less. Awesome.

mhihi.gif