Avantasia

ERIC SINGER DRUMMER OF AVANTASIA!

As previously reported Tobias is working on another Avantasia album. KISS' drummer Eric Singer is the drummer of Avantasia this time.

IPB Image

"We've recorded the drums in Hamburg at Vox-Klangstudio, where we recorded the drums of Edguy's Hellfire Club too. Great room, great equipment! Eric is a killer drummer and a cool guy to work with. It is really exciting to hear his interpretation of European style Metal. It definitely adds something fresh and unique to the sound, mainly because he's got a different approach to that kind of music. And although he doesn't do it with Alice Cooper, Kiss and SpongeBob Squarepants' solo band: There IS fast doublebass shit on Avantasia, and Eric did a great job!!! You'll hear it, it's fantastic. Go visit his website www.eric-singer.com and leave him a nice message!

Anyway, listening to the material so far I can really say that even though the new Avantasia will be a different conceptual story, the ambition remains the same: To create something epic and big! Or how Eric put it, Let's make some kewl music! No doubt, the spirit of Avantasia is there - in every note. Happy new year everybody and let's have a great and peaceful 2007. - Tobias"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Ne volim sto bubnjeve na albumu svira chovek kome se solo bend zove SpongeBob Squarepants al ajde...(mrzim taj crtac)

inache..nije li vec Eric svirao bubnjeve u Avantasiji?

Jeste, za zadnjoj pesmi na Dvojci, sto ce ga reci Into the Unknown...

A sto se spota tice, pa ubicu se ako je Tobi bio tu, a ja nisam uzeo autogram...

::March 24th 2007::

NEW AVANTASIA ALBUM "THE SCARECROW"!

Tobias SammetAs previously reported Tobias is working on a new album of his Rock-operatic AVANTASIA project. The album will have the title "The Scarecrow".

"I am right now in the studio doing some vocal sessions. In about two weeks I am going to fly to England to work with a friend of mine on some vocals. Fans and record companies who are interested always ask me for the names of my guest musicians. I want you all to know that I am blessed to work with the best musicians, but I don't believe in making names more important than the music itself. I am working with some childhood heroes of mine and most important, with great personalities, true friends, and the greatest musicians you can think of. Producer Sascha and I just checked some new recordings and I have the feeling, that this is the strongest stuff we have ever worked on. It's hard to describe the material in a few words, it sounds very powerful, bombastic, very organic and alive. People who loved especially Avantasia part I will love this one, although this time there is a lot more variation in style on there as well.

Of course it's a Metal album, but we even didn't stop at including some Celtic world music elements. But all that matters to me is that the music has to touch the soul and I swear to god: This material goes straight to your soul, because that's where it comes from. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. I am giving you my everything with this record and you will hear that in late summer! - All the best, Tobi"

To see some pictures from the recording sessions, check the photo section.

jos malo, jos malo.....

e,da....zanimljiv je novi Tobiasov styling !!

avantasia_studio_001.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :)